Maxol with E5 in Cork?

kbox

Octane Boostaholics
For any of the Cork bai's! Any Maxol garages in cork with E5 yet? I have to work between our Cobh and Youghal centres 2nd week in Jan and I dont want to be stuck putting 95ron and booster into my tank

I'm pretty sure Paulo told me before that they had it in the Maxol near Ryans and in one out near Clon.....

There is another thread about this topic on the forum. I'll see if I can root it out.

Ok, just clarify...

Mitchelstown in North Co. Cork is the ONLY official Maxol garage with E5.

The one beyond Ryan's 'may have' had E5 as my car ran so differently and better on it. The same can be said for the one in Clonakilty. However, since that week I have tried both garages again several times since and not had the same performance boost.

I have had 2 fill-ups in Mitchelstown though and that is the genuine stuff, yet drives no better than when I first tried the one by Ryan's on the way to the rolling road day we had. I can only assume that that fill-up was a one-off :dunno:

just a quick one lads

im probly going to be buyiny huzzy type r on saturday its mapped 95 ron

so would it ok to put E5 into it now or should i wait till its mapped for it?

hey Paul iam mapped for 95+lucas and have been running E5 since i could get it and have no probs with it,so id say ya should be fine...does it have a knocklink fitted???

no i find she seems a bit spluttery when i mix e5 and lucas...just watch the knocklink when ya run home,if it flashes take it handy till ya get home... :thumbsup:

after you've filled up, it might be a good idea to disconnect the battery for 10-20 minutes, that way the ECU will learn how to run on the fuel quicker :thumbsup:

the knocklink will flash if its the same as mine...usually the 2 green lights mite come on...if ya see orange slow down,and if ya see red... :cry: :cry:stop...
If its the apexi fc iam not sure what the highest knock level is acceptable...one of the lads that have apexis should know... :thumbsup:

Not sure mate...think we will have ta wait and see what happens with the next batch of cars that are mapped from now on...but its sounding really good.... :D

Back