Mapping Question!

lynnwhite555

Hi Folks, another newbie, sort of, as I was a member years ago with an Irish WRX. We'll be collecting a 2010 STI on Sunday ☺️☺️☺️ and am wondering, since the Jap import market seems to be picking up a bit again, can anyone recommend someone to map the car for Irish fuel? Or are folks mostly using additives? We've been looking online and can't see anyone that specifically does Scoobys, and we plan on having this one for a good while! ☺️ thanks in advance for any advice

Welcome along and where in the country are you ? A lot of club members including myself have used ap performance based on Galway. Can be hard to get in contact with but does an amazing job, puts a lot of time and effort in to make sure the car is running right. Would be my go to guy anyway. Any questions don't be afraid to ask we're a friendly bunch here

Peter Simmons up in belfast, maps a lot of Subarus both road and rally cars.
Has done my JDM Impreza and Legacy twin scroll. Extremely nice chap and knows the Subarus very well.

He maps on the road.

Thank you! We're based in Waterford but prepared for a drive to have the car running right, I'm mainly interested in having the car happy with the lesser petrol here, and it's only been registered so I'd like not to leave it too long, had anyone any contact details for either of the above mentioned? We had the WRX mapped by TSL in the UK who did a fantastic job, so a drive is not an issue, but they're not doing it anymore. And thank you for the warm welcome back ☺️ would most of you be fairly confident the car will be happy enough until mapped with an additive? I've heard Circle K have started stocking 97 again but not any of the Wateford ones so far

Welcome along 👍👍👍 2010 Sti do tell more .saloon or hatch ? Is it 1 if the 2.5 auto ones in Dublin ? As there a good few there 👍👍👍

Ap performance in Galway is highly recommended and has mapped a good few cars for me and wouldn’t go anywhere else 👍👍

very nice 👍👍👍 intrested to hear how it drives compared to a manual .
Ye tax is a killer on them otherwise we’d see more on the road here

Very hard to beat how clean a fresh import is especially underneath 👍 mick has a blue 2008 hatch down in Waterford too I’m not far away in Kilkenny 👍

8😳🤣👍👍 fair play It’s hard to get away from the brand . Guessing you bought a few from Eddie down there

Ap.. last car he did for me was my wrx 9 years ago happy motoring since and now onto its next owner and still driving perfectly wont bullshit you will make it safe and drivable 👍

Have to agree with the lads, can't fault Ap. My previous car was done by him and never had an issue. New car same .

+1 for AP Performance. Aoughus has mapped my car a few times. From near stock, to mildly modified to running water methanol injection (this one was the toughest but he made it sing). Allow a lead time of 6-8 weeks realistically as summertime is his busiest time👍

Back