Likely VRT on 06 sti

Ciano35

Hi all, tried searching for this but search function won?t oblige.

Just wondering if anyone has imported a hawkeye 2.5 sti from the uk and could give me a rough guideline on what VRT would be?

Thanks!

Be impossible to guess what the vrt would come in at but I'd be guessing at the 4 to 5k area but wouldn't be surprised if you were quoted more than that either .

There's an ad on Donedeal at the minute for a UK Hawk STI, in the description, the seller says VRT aid of ?6,000

You could prob appeal if its over the 36% of OMSP, but revenue determine that price themselves so hard to know

And don't forget new NOX tax which will probably be charged at flat rate of ?600 for that vehicle.

Thanks all, have taken the NOx into account too, looks like I'll budget about ?7000. Now to go and cry in a corner.

Why don?t you go and use the calculator?? An 06 STi 2.5 Type UK with 60k Miles is coming up under ?900 .

That?s the Vrt if you?re exporting

The Vrt calculator is totally out for sti?s for years now

How do you make out that?
The VRT calculator is for VRT on import and export.

Attachments

• 07367689-04BA-4488-8726-79F083E7E811.png
    07367689-04BA-4488-8726-79F083E7E811.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 138
  • E673EC22-4685-4DF8-9A86-313D005D6CF2.png
    E673EC22-4685-4DF8-9A86-313D005D6CF2.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 88CD8FAB-0D1B-476D-BBA4-4EAF586BCD1E.png
    88CD8FAB-0D1B-476D-BBA4-4EAF586BCD1E.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 137
It?s all about a Stat code.
If you go in with your paperwork in order, you vrt calculator paperwork and the Stat code, then it should be done there and then at that price.
When you go in with a JDM car they have removed them, so no Stat code exists, and that?s when they have to apply to revenue to get a stat code which is your evaluation

The problem is that the emissions on the v5 for the car doesn't match the emissions on the vrt calculator, and I've been told that this is when it gets messy.

How do I actually get the stat code though? The seller sent me a picture of the v5 and I can't see any on it. Thanks again for all the help.

How do you make out that?
The VRT calculator is for VRT on import and export.

I was trying to be funny suggesting revenue will give you less if exporting

I haven?t brought a uk car in but by all accounts revenue charge a lot more for them than the calculator shows based on what a few people have said but I am only going by hearsay.

I was charged 5742(initially) around 18 months ago for a 06 Jdm sti so I?d be surprised if the calculator was accurate for a uk sti

Can anyone confirm what?s actually paid

The problem is that the emissions on the v5 for the car doesn't match the emissions on the vrt calculator, and I've been told that this is when it gets messy.

How do I actually get the stat code though? The seller sent me a picture of the v5 and I can't see any on it. Thanks again for all the help.

If you can?t verify the emissions, I think that?s when they send it off for assessment and they might come back with a mad omsp

Would you not be better holding out for one already registered here?

I was trying to be funny suggesting revenue will give you less if exporting

I haven?t brought a uk car in but by all accounts revenue charge a lot more for them than the calculator shows based on what a few people have said but I am only going by hearsay.

I was charged 5742(initially) around 18 months ago for a 06 Jdm sti so I?d be surprised if the calculator was accurate for a uk sti

Can anyone confirm what?s actually paid

You have no point in working off what you paid for a JDM, as I?ve said it?s all done on statistical codes, once one of them exists the Clerk in NCT centre can give you the price.... But no code means they can?t get a price up on there screen which is the case of the JDM Impreza and then it can?t be done the same day and they have to request a Stat code from the Revenue... this is where the big prices come into play.

Just print out the Vrt calculator sheet the same day as inspection so there is no change on price, have everything accurate, and have everything in order and it should be done there and then when you have the Stat code..

Would you not be better holding out for one already registered here?

Probably, but the one I'm looking at is exactly the spec and colour I want (has PPP but otherwise stock), relatively low miles, full service history, and price before vrt and nox works out at about 12k.

Sorry for my ignorance but does anyone know at what stage do you actually get the statistical code for the car? I don't see anything on the v5, is it given at the nct centre? Sorry, I've never imported a car before.

The Stat code is given with the Vrt calculation as in my screen shot above. Have you done the VRT calculator online yet?

With the car being pre 2008, Co2 doesn’t matter and you are going to be charged at highest rate 36% whether it’s low or high Co2, it’s basically done on engine CC

Last edited:
The Stat code is given with the Vrt calculation as in my screen shot above. Have you done the VRT calculator online yet?

With the car being pre 2008, Co2 doesn?t matter and you are going to be charged at highest rate 36% whether it?s low or high Co2, it?s basically done on engine CC

Yeah the VRT calculator is showing it would cost 838, but the emissions is 242 whereas on the v5 it's 257. I'm just worried that they might kick up a fuss since they don't match. The omsp is only 2328 on the calculator though.

Probably, but the one I'm looking at is exactly the spec and colour I want (has PPP but otherwise stock), relatively low miles, full service history, and price before vrt and nox works out at about 12k.

Sorry for my ignorance but does anyone know at what stage do you actually get the statistical code for the car? I don't see anything on the v5, is it given at the nct centre? Sorry, I've never imported a car before.

I?d definitely be getting a forged engine if I was looking at a 2.5.

You have no point in working off what you paid for a JDM, as I?ve said it?s all done on statistical codes, once one of them exists the Clerk in NCT centre can give you the price.... But no code means they can?t get a price up on there screen which is the case of the JDM Impreza and then it can?t be done the same day and they have to request a Stat code from the Revenue... this is where the big prices come into play.

Just print out the Vrt calculator sheet the same day as inspection so there is no change on price, have everything accurate, and have everything in order and it should be done there and then when you have the Stat code..

I?ve brought two cars in from the uk and each time I paid exactly what the calculator said.
Only problem I ever had was with a Jdm

Back