legacy b4 2.0GT SPEC B

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=12980.msg159425#msg159425 date=1235379370]
Lovely looking car John, great to see another new shape Legacy on board! Looking to do similar myself and there is a few different options, all depends on your budget, very unlikely to get much change from 10K if your looking for 350 whp. Engine internals would need doing, turbo swap, and a shed load more.

Im planning on either a turbo swap to a VF36 from an Impreza spec C or else going down the hybrid turbo option route. Any mods would need ECU remap. Im not sure how your ecu will like that Induction kit though. Car might run a bit rich/lean.

But as Dave Legacy said the bottle neck is the small Vf38. Great low end torque and spool up but lacking a bit more in the mid to high ranges. Has your been remapped yet or danything or is the induction kit your first mod? I hope your running it on E5 at least
[/quote]
i was actually looking at those vf36 myself.
yeah induction kit was first mod, is the powertec no good for the legacys.
no it hsnt been mapped yet .any info on what type of exhaust system would be best.or what mod would be next
its going for a dyno test in april so looking to get it up as much as possible,without spending a fortune as cant spend to much on it yet
as have to wait until the missus has the baby

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=12980.msg162506#msg162506 date=1235844019]
[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=12980.msg159425#msg159425 date=1235379370]
Lovely looking car John, great to see another new shape Legacy on board! Looking to do similar myself and there is a few different options, all depends on your budget, very unlikely to get much change from 10K if your looking for 350 whp. Engine internals would need doing, turbo swap, and a shed load more.

Im planning on either a turbo swap to a VF36 from an Impreza spec C or else going down the hybrid turbo option route. Any mods would need ECU remap. Im not sure how your ecu will like that Induction kit though. Car might run a bit rich/lean.

But as Dave Legacy said the bottle neck is the small Vf38. Great low end torque and spool up but lacking a bit more in the mid to high ranges. Has your been remapped yet or danything or is the induction kit your first mod? I hope your running it on E5 at least
[/quote]
i was actually looking at those vf36 myself.
yeah induction kit was first mod, is the powertec no good for the legacys.
no it hsnt been mapped yet .any info on what type of exhaust system would be best.or what mod would be next
its going for a dyno test in april so looking to get it up as much as possible,without spending a fortune as cant spend to much on it yet
as have to wait until the missus has the baby
[/quote]

vf36 would be the best setup for the Legacy's but expensive too, what i have found out so far is that you need to change the up-pipe, down-pipe, headers and have a larger diameter exhaust system from turbo back,uprate the fuel pump, and injectors and then a remap.

other option Davelegacy has mentioned is a hybrid VF38 which has VF36 internals, so less bits need to be changed

Not very many aftermarket exhaust systems available for Legacy. Zerosports de-cat Downpipes are going for 900 euro. :naughty: Cheapest option is to get customs system made up through one of our traders.Hayward and Scott in UK offered to custom make a system for mine at a good price since they never made a system for the BL5 Legacy, they could use it as a template then to sell onto other customers

De-cat from turbo back, uprated fuel pump and injectors and remap would see you to about 300-ish and you can build from there. but turbo choice should be your first concern as every other mod is dependent on which turbo you decide to go for. I might be able to get you in on a dyno session in march if you want

i worked in the youth project there and live in a house on the road. buyin my first subaru this week. older b4 than yours, thats a great car man fair play. Very nervous bout security was gonna get a car cover till i heard about one set alight on a bmw. Im sellin my levin but some of those new shop owners, ya know the ones, burned their car for the insurance and wrecked mine in the process. New paint job now but atleast you behind the railings,, thinkin bout detatchable steerin wheel but they ugly, any ideas?? you got dogs in yours lol, even the rats only go outside in pairs up here :icon_grin:

For a man thinking so much about security you shouldn't be saying where another lads car is located. If it is the flats you said. You also give the location of where your new car will be located.

You can see that John went to the trouble of blanking his reg for this very reason mate.

Although this is a club forum you could get the wrong people from time to time looking in. Who's to know.

You can edit out the location from your post.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=12980.msg162613#msg162613 date=1235866186]
For a man thinking so much about security you shouldn't be saying where another lads car is located. If it is the flats you said. You also give the location of where your new car will be located.

You can see that John went to the trouble of blanking his reg for this very reason mate.

Although this is a club form you could get the wrong people from time to time looking in. Who's to know.

You can edit out the location from your post.
[/quote]
THANKS FOR THE CONCERN ERIC, ITS A BIT SILLY PUTTING UP LOCATIONS OF WHERE CARS POSSIBLLY
BE ALRIGHT. BUT THANK GOD ITS NOT IN THOSE AND THANKFULLY MOVING TO NEW HOUSE IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS
OR SO.SORRY AGIN COULDN MAKE IT ON THURSDAY, BUT LET US KNOW WHEN NEXT ONE IS CHEERS

Back