KING COBRA DOUBLE DIN DVD PLAYER + A WHOLE LOT MORE, GROUP BUY

[quote author=chenchen21621 link=topic=19963.msg323506#msg323506 date=1289991646]
1. Scooby1wrx
2. Hammie (so long as its after xmas)

[/quote]

:ponder2: :ponder2: I think thats a spam post. Dont know why there is a link there to some chinese website.

You're exactly right Andy...

Looks like that spambot slipped past our former admins net :thumbsup:

Gone now though :icon_grin:

how did those who bought and installed this get on? Are all features working i.e. Wi fi, digitial sat nav etc.. Thinking of getting 2 of these

I got one recently but it was the version without the sat nav and wifi. I read on the web site somewhere that the wifi is not much use except for checking emails, it said that you wouldnt really be able to browse web sites as you would on a computer. And I didnt bother with the sat nav because i already have one and there is one on my phone as well so i didnt see any point in getting a 3rd one especially as i dont use it much to begin with. I think all the units are physically the same because I can see where I should put the SD card for the sat nav but it is blocked out with a plate.

These are nice units but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. There's a reason that a Pioneer unit might set you back €1k and these units are less than half of that. Just bear that in mind. Having said that, these are nice units and do the job.

Bluetooth: a dead loss if using it for a handsfree phone kit. Nobody can hear you even if you bend down to the unit and shout into it! I haven't tried streaming anything from the phone to the head unit, maybe that is better but i dont even know if it has the capability to do it. The signal from the phone interferes with the unit so you can't leave it near the unit or you'll just hear a buzz while you're on a call which is crazy. Your phone thinks the head unit is a headset as well so i'm not sure what sign that is. I've a nokia kit that came out of my last car and will be putting that in as an alternative to the head unit.

Sound Quality: you need to adjust this or everything sounds like it is behind a newspaper. There arent many options for sound adjustment either. I've had to adjust mine to almost max treble and less than half bass to get something that sounds normal. But after this adjustment, it sounds grand now. But that's it, there's no more adjusting you can do. So if you're mad into your sounds or are a DJ, you might be disappointed. I'm happy enough now with mine though, it sounds fine.

Picture Quality: this is A1, the screen is incredibly clear. This is the best bit of the headunit. I watched a DVD on it and it is good, the screen is 7" which is a nice size and is adequate.

Installation: I had to get someone to fit it in my hawkeye because the unit won't fit without doing some cutting of the dash to make it bigger. I think it will fit classics without too much adjustment. it's in now but the plastic frame around it still can't go on because there is not enough clearance between the top of the unit and the dash. i don't have those tools and i wouldnt be confident of taking one of those mini grinders to my car so i just got someone else to do it and that cost €70 (80 minus 10 discount).

TV: I'm not sure if my unit comes with digital tv (it does come with analog) but the other units that do, just know that you won't pick up the irish service on them. They are only capable of picking up MPEG-2 which is standard definition. Irish tv is broadcasting in MPEG-4 which is High Definition. I bought an external unit from chinavasion to pick up MPEG-4 but this is only able to pick up ISDB-T MPEG-4 which is only used in Japan and Brazil so I've sent it back and they are refunding me 100% as it was they who suggested it to me. Otherwise I'd have to take a 20% reduction for a restocking fee. I've bought another unit now from ali-baba but havent received that yet but am hopeful that this will work. The unit we need here in ireland is one that will pick up DVB-T MPEG-4.

Other things: As above, I don't have the GPS bit so can't comment on that. I haven't tried the SD card, USB connection or ipod connection so can't comment on those either but i would presume that they're ok as they are standard wired connections.

All in all, the unit is fine, it will do the trick. The bluetooth as a handsfree unit is a letdown. The radio went a bit bananas the other morning when it was -12 but i turned it off and after a few minutes when the car had heated up a bit, it worked fine.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=19963.msg 329628#msg 329628 date=1293650176]
Hi Folks whats the latest on this unit cheers John L
[/quote

]the latest is who ever wanted one ordered it themselves . i got one with all the stuff on it and i have to say it's very good gps dvd bluetooth all very good .

Was going to stick up an update on this, but as it is no longer for sale from chinavasion there probably aint any point,
im not sure why they have stopped selling it as it is a very good unit :dontknow:

Back