Karting @ Midland Karting near Edgeworthstown

Yesterday was a day of mixed fortunes for me .

It started on the way down when I was pulled over by the Guards outside Cavan . I hadn't noticed the beige Forester parked up & he had clocked me doing 132 kph on a main road  :doh: . I was all apologetic & the guy seemed friendly enough but he took my licence & disappeared into his scoob . I was expecting a court appearance but he let me off with an €80 fixed fine . I think the fact that I was in a scoob helped as he took a look around the car . :)

That left me running late & if I went to Edgeworthstown I'd miss the start of the game . Instead I stopped off in Granard , so apologies to the guys who I was supposed to meet , you can blame the Guardai . The match was heart stopping at times , especially when the pool scored  :eek:mg: but then it was ruled offside  :thumbsup: . Liverpool really deserved to win but Manu got a 91st min goal to get the 3 points  :nana: .

The karting was great fun & I got a great start & seemed to open up a gap in 1st place until Norris appeared & shot past me . I  lapped a few guys including Niall & I caught him again but he didn't let me past as easily this time . Then the race was stopped to let us have a rest . :ponder: After the restart my kart didn't seem as quick as drivers seemed to keep up with me & a few went past . :roll: This was probably due to guys getting the hang of the track & that my front RH wheel bearing was knackered . It collapsed on the last lap but I managed to finish the race . Never mind it was a good way to spend an afternoon , looking forward to the next one .

The mixed up day continued when I got home . I just wanted to have my dinner , lay back , have a few beers & watch some tv . Problem was our electricity was off so dinner took longer to cook & I'd no TV  :doh: . By 9 pm I still had no power so I went to the cinema & watched Hot Fuzz ( appropriate considering the start to my day  :D ) . It's a great show , watch out for the scoob at the end .

interesting day for you!

wonder how Niall would of faired out against us if he had gone the right way on the track!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i piss myself every time i think about it! :D

Have to say lads, I had a great day. I thought Thirty minutes at once would have been to much all at once, but it `wasn't. I had a blast and when the stewart stopped us at fifteen minute I was cracking, :angry: I just wanted to keep going and catch niall :doh:, but it wasn't to be, well at least I didn't come last and I have to say sorry to Dave for Holding I'm up for all those laps that I did, we had a great race though. I want to go again!!!! :dance: The grub afterwards was great to. A successful day all round. :subaru:

Hello Lads,

I had a great day, good spin down and back too. Was also nice to have some dinner & a chat  :thumbsup:

A big thanks to the ISDC commitee for arranging the event  :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work  :subaru:

Cheers,

Michael

What's all this catch Niall , Lap Niall and Anton ,thanks for the
aerial shot :D :D i think it's time i gave into nature and shave it all off :lol: :lol:

Turbo the only reason you lapped me [glow=red,2,300]once[/glow] is cause my kart had no reverse gear
and after taking a short cut that wasn't to be ( some fool put a wall of tyres in my way)
it took some time to excute a 3 point turn .

Ps if anybody wants to stop Turbo overtaking you stick out your elbow's :lol: :lol:

Great Day lads and can't wait for Rosegreen

Niall.

Back