Just joined

Thought id get back to you all and let you know how the remap went.

I had to upgrade to a walbro fuel pump first which i got off Damo at street performance.
I was gonna get a mechanic to fit it but i thought id give it a go.I found excellent instructions with lots of colour photo's on a forum called SCOOBYMODS.COM
It involved taking the whole back seat out and taking the lid off the fuel tank to expose the in tank pump.
It all went smoothly anyway and the remap too. The car is much smoother to drive and starts easier now too.
The best part being able to put the foot down after being careful for the last 2 weeks. It gave me 2 weeks to get used to the car anyway at low speeds.
Anyway im very pleased with the result and cant wait to get the NCT out the way and get a decat down pipe then get the map tweaked to suit for some more power. At the moment its mapped to run half a bottle of lucas octane booster and 95RON fuel or this new Maxol E5 without booster.

Thanks to Damo at street performance for organising the the remap and his advice

Sorry but i have to ask how the ?*!$ do you post up pics on the forum?
Im not entirely computer literate.
Cheers

Go to additional options at the bottom of screen when your posting and click browse beside the attach bar. jst go to your pics from there and click open!!

ha matt, nice motor,is that picture taken up in howth head?

Thanks johnny
Yeah went for a drive out to Howth a couple of weekends ago cos it was a nice sunny day i brought the camera for some photo's.

just taugh id ask as i live out that way,enjoy the club,hope to see you at a few events there great craic :subaru:

beautiful car matt, love the colour

where did ya get the 22b front bumper n how much was it

:thumbsup:

The car is as i bought it 3 weeks ago just in from japan.
Think the version 5 type R comes standard with that bumper but i could be wrong.

Yeah must be a 22B style one now ya mention it.
Just encountered my first problem.
Car hesitated on a couple of occasions when i put the foot down. Now i think she's only runnin 3 cylinders.
Am i right in thinking ive a spark plug or coil pack problem?
If its the coil pack, anybody know where id get new one?
Cheers

hi matt,have you changed the plugs on the car seen it came in

Hadn't changed them.
It was serviced when i bought it but only oil and filters as i changed 2 plugs before dark today and old ones were in bits.
Think problem is sorted. ill change other 2 tomorrow

really they should have been changed for the remap to get the best from her,id say the extra power and torque from the remap blew one of them

I see what you mean.
I Prosumed they'd been done but turns out they hadn't.
Problem still there after changing the 2 plugs, just went out for a quick drive. Ill change the other 2 after work tomorrow and let you know how i get on.
Not the easiest plugs in the world to change

Back