Japefest Mondello

Just my thoughts....

I have been looking forward to japfest since last year for 2 reasons
1. its a year off my points :whistle:
2. isdc club track time :icon_pray:

"We are looking for your support when deciding, whether or not you will be attending this event, from a club / trade point of view or a personal point of view. As you remember from all previous events such as Jap Fest and Overdrive, we have always accommodated and pushed the boundaries in your club/trade stand favour."

There were some fantistic cars and clubs on show last year but by far the biggest was the isdc, which was in the smallest area how is that accomadtioning and pushing the boundries :ponder2:

We have a charity drive organised for sunday and part of that is a lap around mondello at the end of japfest with the young girl (hopefully) leading the way with the:

"A Procession will take place around the track All the Jap Boys (Drifters & Time Attack) followed by the ISDC
"Charity Drivers" and Hopefully the young girl Nicole will be Back from the US in time to lead the procession
around the Track."

And because you are going to loose a contract you want US as a club / members / non members / humans to boycott an event because you dropped the ball, that girl and her family will be looking forward to going to this, you wanna make the call and tell them why they not leading a convoy around mondello in front of loads of people.

"As the contract had been finished we(Mondello) reviewed the contract and felt that Thet had not brought the show to its full potential or brought any new ideas to the concept of JAPFEST which we have decided to take into our own hands and runn it."

I am sorry you might be loosing the event but this sort of crap will only backfire. :angry1:
what sort of feedback you getting from the other sites this was posted on....

Ok Lads,

I have been speaking to Fergus in Mondello and he has confimed that Xtreme Promotions had a contract for 3 years but as there was no show one year it ran for 4 years (3 shows). The contract ran out and mondello decided to run the event themselves. As these type of 'Japfest' events are run all over the world they do not feel that they are robbing any of Richie's ideas.

It was a business decision and to me that's how business works.

Alan.

Can somebody copy details of this event to me by PM, as www.scoobyireland.com would like to join up with ISDC to show our support for the events your members have attended up here this year......

That is if we are welcome to tag along guys!!!

[quote author=brocks link=topic=8631.msg104992#msg104992 date=1218478209]
Can somebody copy details of this event to me by PM, as www.scoobyireland.com would like to join up with ISDC to show our support for the events your members have attended up here this year......

That is if we are welcome to tag along guys!!!
[/quote]

your more than welcome to come and join in on japfest brocks and i think i speak for all the lads in isdc.....
fair play man!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome, and cheers to Eric for copying me in on the actual event details....watch this space folks!

Lads the ISDC will be attending Jap Fest this year,
i will have all the details in the Club Events Section in the
next few Day's ............but basically bigger and better than last year :049: :049:

Niall.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=8631.msg105271#msg105271 date=1218539684]
you know its not the cars yer going for. :icon_grin:
[/quote]

yeah did anyone see the yellow truck last year :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are hatefull little bit8hes - I hate the site of them, and the muppets getting pictures taken with them :icon_rolleyes:

They would give you crabs

[quote author=Pete link=topic=8631.msg105278#msg105278 date=1218540789]

They would give you crabs

[/quote]

And thats only from looking at them...touch them and you get an STI...and not the 300BHP kind...ride them and it'll fall off!!

I'd rather :icon_hang:

Back