its not over jus yet !!

Agreed that he won the CL with an inherited team, but most of them were useless so it was still an excellent achievement. It bought him time for sure, but if he had won the league last season then everyone would have crowed about the importance of giving managers time! The fact is not only did he not win the league last year but he single-handedly lost it for us. The "facts" speech was distracting but the real issue is the shackles that he puts on his teams. He is so conservative that he refuses to let the team play - last season he got nervous at the top and applied the brakes, 3 draws later and they were fucked!!
Compare to later in the season when it looked like all was lost, he gave them their heads and they went on to score 43 goals in 14 matches!!

As for players, there's more than babel that have been lost/wasted. Alonso, Riera, Keane to name but a few, (not saying they were brilliant, but with him some players just don't get a chance!!)

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=22928.msg276295#msg276295 date=1272116050]
jus bet spurs 3-1, nice lil chip finish from nani :653: :653: :653:
[/quote]

Lovely goal that!! Now for Stoke to cause Chelsea a bit of trouble without Terry hopefully. :thumbsup:

i recon if we get a point or a win against chelsea
benitzes will be shot if manu win the league

Its a no win situation really for Liverpool, if they get a result and Utd then win the league the vast majority of fans will be in uproar. Then if Chelsea win, Utd don't win the league but Champions League football is definately gone for next season.

mark do you really think liverpool could finsh 4th

not a chance. two of the teams above them have game in hand, its over.

But the game in hand they play each other isn't it? :ponder2:

They draw and Liverpool have a chance. May only be a small chance but still possible. :thumbsup:

Havent a chance of finishing fourth.Dont forget about villa still in with a very good chance.

Cant honestly see Liverpool throwing the game just dont think we are as strong as chelsea at the moment.

Lot of people loosing faith in raffa but if he manages to get proper backing and is given another season we will have record back by 2012.

Still cant see for the life of me what lucas is ment to be doing. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

:smokin:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=22928.msg276738#msg276738 date=1272302419]
Its a no win situation really for Liverpool, if they get a result and Utd then win the league the vast majority of fans will be in uproar. Then if Chelsea win, Utd don't win the league but Champions League football is definately gone for next season.
[/quote]

Finishing fourth has been off the cards all season, because we've hardly ever been in fourth place!! If you look at our season in four quarters we've got 15, 12, 18 and 17 points (total 62) from 36 games so far. i.e. we've been sh*t for the whole season!

I hope we go through on Thursday night and rest our key players on Saturday in advance of what will be the only big game of a miserable season!

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=22928.msg276729#msg276729 date=1272301362]
i recon if we get a point or a win against chelsea
benitzes will be shot if manu win the league
[/quote]

thats what everyone wants , anyone for a rafa burger while utd lift the silverware :icon_nana: :icon_nana:

and if the pool get 4th il eat my isdc beanie :icon_hang:

It's pathetic in all honesty..UTD would never deliberately lose a game and if you think liverpool would do it your mad, they might rest big players but if you think liverpool players are going to play at less than 100% and let chelsea win to hold on to a record, that will eventually be broken anyway, your living in fairyland.

I agree! As I said at the start, I was at the game in 95 when Liverpool had a real go at Blackburn even though it would give the league to United.
The only reasons Liverpool might lose on Sunday is because (a) they rest Gerrard, Mascha, Kuyt(!!!!) etc or (b) they're sh*t and Chelsea deserve to beat them!!

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=22928.msg276934#msg276934 date=1272356350]
It's pathetic in all honesty..UTD would never deliberately lose a game and if you think liverpool would do it your mad, they might rest big players but if you think liverpool players are going to play at less than 100% and let chelsea win to hold on to a record, that will eventually be broken anyway, your living in fairyland.
[/quote]

cant remember seeing liverpool givin 90% , never mind the full 100%. they really have had not a great season or year ,and if you dont believe me jus ask their own supporters .

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=22928.msg276989#msg276989 date=1272369496]
cant remember seeing liverpool givin 90% , never mind the full 100%. they really have had not a great season or year ,and if you dont believe me jus ask their own supporters .

[/quote]

Couldn't fault Liverpool for effort most of this season especially at home. Games like Spurs where we frightened the ball into the net, United at home where we clearly were more up for it!! Even the Benfica game where we didn't manage more than 2 consecutive passes in the first 15 minutes!
Liverpool's problem will never be giving less than 100%, it's more about having players like Lucas, Insua, Ngog as first team regulars!!!

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=22928.msg276989#msg276989 date=1272369496]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=22928.msg276934#msg276934 date=1272356350]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You missed them beating utd at old trafford did you?...I know plently of supporters..people who go to anfield once a month...I work with a scouser as well...I don't think it's been lack of effort at all....in fact I've probably watched about 6 games with liverpool this year so I'll trust my own judgement thanks.
That plus the fact they've gone from challenging fro a title to scrapping for 5th so you don't need to be a genuis to figure out fans are dissapointed!!

Back