INSURANCE

stevemcqueen

Sunday Drivers
hey guys

yep its that awful time again, i have one year behind me in my impreza, I'm 29 & from Dublin. i'm driving a 2000 turbo 4WD
i had to go through a brooker last (€1800) year as all main stream wouldn't even quote. Has anyone any suggestions please
Thanks a mil
Steve
:angry1:

insure.ie -> and pushing...
I found that all those brokers try harder if you tell them you already have a better quote :)

You can also try Britton - they insure lot of performance cars as far as I know, but they're sometimes still pretty expensive.
And big excess quotes... anyway it was for me in XS Direct with Brittons - 4000e excess in Britton versus 200e in Axa with insure.ie

Anyway the best idea is to call all known companies and brokers and compare prices - and again, if you have a better option, tell them about it, they sometimes will
do more work then to get a new customer and might find you something better yet.

cheers

[quote author=stevemcqueen link=topic=9452.msg112178#msg112178 date=1221037621]
hey guys

yep its that awful time again, i have one year behind me in my impreza, I'm 29 & from Dublin. i'm driving a 2000 turbo 4WD
i had to go through a brooker last (€1800) year as all main stream wouldn't even quote. Has anyone any suggestions please
Thanks a mil
Steve
[/quote]

You are paying way over the odds there. I use Penco MGM in the Black Church (off Dorset St) and I am paying less than €700 in a 99 V5 Sti. If your NCB is only one or two years it might explain the high price though.

I only have my own policy for one year, with No claims. was a named driver on an ASTRA lol before hand for too long.
I was with ARB last year but had problems with them regarding the direct debit.
living in malahide

To be honest thats not a bad price given what little NCB you have.

Hm... the price actually could be also better - don't know how many years with license he has - but actually I paid the same amount for STI with no claims bonus accepted in XS Direct but on foreign license - with Irish one it could be around 600e less. License for 7 years and 32yo then.

Hey fella,

I'm 30....ish.... :icon_lol: paying bout 900 on my car but i've 7 yrs NCB (considered max 5 with insurance company). 5 years intitles you to basically a 50 percent discount on your premium, so 1800 with 1 year is about right! :angry1:

Sorry if not the what you wanted to hear!

J.. :thumbsup:

travellers.ie only company in ireland that would quote me on the pontiac ... give them a try .

[quote author=stevemcqueen link=topic=9452.msg112178#msg112178 date=1221037621]
hey guys

Thanks a mil
Steve
[/quote]

I am 40 years and live in Dub, driving an Impreza 2l Turbo.
I am with FBD and pay 1150.- fully comp.

Akki

Just got my renewal in the post lads 2 minutes ago. Its come down again for the 3rd year in a row. Im now paying 1200euro. 28. STi Type R. Comprehensive. 6 years NCB. :multijump:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=9452.msg112508#msg112508 date=1221125387]
Just got my renewal in the post lads 2 minutes ago. Its come down again for the 3rd year in a row. Im now paying 1200euro. 28. STi Type R. Comprehensive. 6 years NCB. :multijump:
[/quote]

seems expensive for 28 year old to be paying that much and 6 yrs ncb :icon_confused:

Insurance companys don't recagniose the difference with the wrx and the wrx STi I've always been price the same on both that's.

Hi i was with one direct for afew years they were good.
Going with the AA this year realy good quote over 200 cheaper .
I would give them a call. Pigeonhead

I paid 1400 last year and I'd say and was told it won't come down any more. I'm 33.

Back