Insurance Renewal

JohnM

Petrolheads
Hi lads and lassies, it's that time of year again- Insurance in through the door. It's 2,200 this year and I'm afraid unless it drops I'm gonna part with the car- can't justify that money as I'm
28 years old,
10 years full no claims and full Licence,
self employed
live in the sticks.
Any suggestions who I should try as I'm currently with FBD.
Cheers
John

Brittons always seem to pull a rabbit out the hat... I'm with AXA myself but I'm well over 30 ;) I don't think they insure under that age on a WRX.

Thats a very expensive premium considering your age and NCB , I would say try a broker to see what quotes they can provide you with, but always remember the cheapest insurance policy is not always the best one :) Always factor in the excess and things like customer service, I use Quinn and I always find them crap to deal with on the phone until you shout at them, as a good natured person I find this quite stressful and ONLY call them when I REALLY have to

:eek:mg: :shock: Thats a mad price for your age, location and NCB, you need to sort that out!!

I'm with XS direct, who do a 4k excess but you get a good price off them, next year though, I'm going with Britton in Donegal, they seem to be the best around.

Considering your stats though, you should half that quote you got!!

I'm with Quinn aswell, 2 years NCB as of the start of october and they sent me out a quote for €2200 on the B4. So I went online to quinn and got a quote with the same details and adding 2 penalty points and it only came out to €1600. I rang them and said ye no problem and matched it straight away. The same thing happened to me and my mate the year before and we saved €400 each even on smaller cars as well, morale of the story being always do the quinn quote online.

I've always found them good to deal with and never had a problem with them, although in saying that i've never had to try and get money out of them. Brittons quoted me €4500 with €4000 excess, :shock: :shock:

So, in summary, Quinn Direct if you are not planning on making a claim :thumbsup:

I'm currently with Quinn on A truck and public liability policy but they were twice the price of anyone else on a jeep quote recently :shock:
Could be a bueye for sale shortly :cry:
Cheers
John

Contact you local office with FDB.
say you want to talk to the area manager ! tell him that you have a truck, public liability and a jeep policies else where
Tell him if he does right with you this time that you might concider moving all your business to him but he needs to do better with your renewal, that you've paid high amounts all the time and no claim and that there are similar people getting insured in the same car for half the price you are quoting so why isn't the renewal dropping ????

i contact my area manager this year and it dropped €600 from last year, And it's still high.

Always worth a try !!! :thumbsup:

that is ridiculus John :( my quote on a Wrx, with 2 yrs no claims, 19 years old, was €2400 with Hibernian

Im with 123.ie who use XS Direct
25 with full licence costs me 1600 with 4k excess on Impreza Sti.
Thats with no no claims bonus because ive been driving a van the last 3 years and commercial no claims dont count on a car which i think is a con.
No other company would quote me

Im with AXA and i have 4 yrs no claim bonus for 1100 yoyo's.FBD were asking for 1600 yoyo's.Thats on a WRX.Maybe i was just lucky!

And im 29
[quote author=alan c link=topic=4157.msg43636#msg43636 date=1193768382]
Im with AXA and i have 4 yrs no claim bonus for 1100 yoyo's.FBD were asking for 1600 yoyo's.Thats on a WRX.Maybe i was just lucky!
[/quote]

Got a quote of 1500 lids off top quote :) think I'll not get better than this :thumbsup:
As for quin they wont even quote me. Fookin Joke of a company and I'm insured with them :ponder:
Cheers
John

Great to hear John :thumbsup: Its worth spending a couple of hours on the phone every year. Try everyone. Its amazing how much u can save and how many robbing B***** there are :D

good man, John :thumbsup: thats not a bad quote at all, as for Quinn . . . pfft

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4157.msg43643#msg43643 date=1193770299]
good man, John :thumbsup: thats not a bad quote at all, as for Quinn . . . pfft
[/quote]
The way you work Quinn is through smooth talking, there is no such thing as no, just tell them you have bought the car and that you want a quote, act as if you want to change your Jeep over to the Subaru.... Then if they offer you a desirable quotation bam! Hit them with a "I'll have a seperate policy on that thank you very much" Alternatively as an existing customer ask to speak to a supervisor, your not a child anymore so they will have to listen to what you have to say, if they ask can one call back say that you will hold, Ive been sent around the block with Quinn and always got my way.... why? 1 word Persistence :D

Yeah same here keep at quinn. I got my renewal last week e949 on a WRX fully comp with 2 years NCB. They started off by saying they caouldnt insure the car. So I asked why they quote me for forestor and legacy turbos. They were very stuck for words. Took me 3weeks to get the quote at first when I got the car in March. Mind you the money I spent and the time wasted contacting them I probably would have better of taking 1 of the more expensive quotes!

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=4157.msg43639#msg43639 date=1193769950]

As for quin they wont even quote me. Fookin Joke of a company and I'm insured with them :ponder:
Cheers
John
[/quote]

AFAIK once you are an existing customer they are obliged by law to quote you. That is a crazy high quote given your details. Top Quote sounds more reasonable but make sure you know the policy excess.

Back