impreza insurance

ARB do insure Imprezas. I'm insured directly with them.

I could not get quotes through the following

AXA
Hibernian
Quinn Direct
AA
Tesco's
123.ie
FBD
Allianz Direct

Didn't want to go down the excess policy route.

Top Quote Direct gave me a half decent quote
Try Mike Murphy Insurance (broker) - they gave me a name to call in ARB.
Connolly Gaw Insurance Ltd (broker) were ok too.

Yeah every company i tried said either NO or come back when your 30.
Im 26(was 25 at the time) but have no no claims as ive been driving my van the last 3 years and a commercial policy no claims doesn't transfer which i think is stupid.  :angry:

Did you try an online quote with Quinn they quoted me but whether or not they stick by it when i ring up is anybodies guess, i've the same details as yourself too so worth a try. ;)

[quote author=Gary S link=topic=4952.msg54450#msg54450 date=1200337528]
Did you try an online quote with Quinn they quoted me but whether or not they stick by it when i ring up is anybodies guess, i've the same details as yourself too so worth a try. ;)
[/quote]

Keep a copy of your online quote. They have to cover you providing the details you gave are correct

Im insured on my version 4 type-r for €1590, fully comprehensive. Im 24 with 4 years no claim. But I have been with them from the start, even as a named driver, no points clean as they come, and even though it doesnt cover anything over a 1.6 i did there ignition course so that helped in the begining. But i think what helped is that I just called them and said I wanted tochange my insurance from a Starlet to the scooby..... and they said fine that,ll be 950 euro please....

You might think its too big a risk after selling a subaru already but your best chance of getting insured again is by insuring a standard car and then calling them up to transfer insurance to your new subaru, they have to cover you!

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=4952.msg54432#msg54432 date=1200333424]
ARB do insure Imprezas. I'm insured directly with them.
[/quote]

Sorry I meant to say I was calling as a new customer in my previous post.

As for that Hibernian Ignition course I did it and it was a waste of time. My insurance doubled the following year, yes DOUBLED on the same car! So I left Hibernian never to go back.

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=4952.msg54456#msg54456 date=1200339990]
You might think its too big a risk after selling a subaru already but your best chance of getting insured again is by insuring a standard car and then calling them up to transfer insurance to your new subaru, they have to cover you!
[/quote]

thats the best way. Once you are an existing customer they are obliged to quote you. But expect ridiculous quotes.

[quote author=Matt link=topic=4952.msg54451#msg54451 date=1200338087]
[quote author=Gary S link=topic=4952.msg54450#msg54450 date=1200337528]
[/quote]

Keep a copy of your online quote. They have to cover you providing the details you gave are correct
[/quote]

I'm sure you can buy the insurance directly online with quinn direct.

I got quoted 1200 on my legacy tt when I phoned them at the docks.

When i went online and entered the same details, the quote came up at 800. I rang them straight away and they had to refund the difference. They seem to pluck these quotes from thin air!

I was on their website recently looking at insurance on imprezas and they seemed very reasonable - from what i remember an STI was around 1k. i.e. 23 male - 4 years no claims - 0 points (well 2 but whos counting!!)

Lads there has been a huge amount written about insurance before and one of the founding aims of the club was to see if we could get group insurance but it was impossible to get 100 members willing to sign up for it and then the insurance companies said because there were so many variables eg different models of car, mods, ages, accident histories etc ultimately they were not interested in offering a group policy even if we did get 100 members together to apply from the one company.

The only companies that regularly insure Imprezas are St Paul and ARB.

AXA will quote you if you're over 30 and I got FBD to quote me once and they were expensive but at least they quoted me.

Quinn direct wont touch high value Imprezas with young drivers but have covered old models with low values. Obviously the younger you are the more expensive the quote but they wont touch high value models unless your profile fits with one of their low risk profiles.

Frawls

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=4952.msg54281#msg54281 date=1200256154]
MIne didn't come down at all this year from last year, I rang around different companies but they won't touch it as a new customer even with a full no claims! I'm 32 and paying €1400 a year! I won't touch the likes of brittons as you are loaed with the first payment if you have a crash! In some cases you pay the first Five Grand! MIght as well have no insurance! b*****ds! :angry:
[/quote]

Brittons are a broker, they don't insure!! I got my insurance through them and they got me a quote of 730 from ARB. The excess is about 200 quid!

They're far from bastards, in fact they're the reason a lot of us are driving turbo models!!

Second that nodge and found them very helpful, when i told fbd that i got a cheaper quote they rang me back a week later and said "oh we will take €50 euro off that policy,do you want to take it?" What about the other €950 to bring it the same as the other quote?????????????? :angry:

well guys,
what about getting parttime traders, ive got it and they insure me to drive anything up to 7.5 ton. they cost me 1200 stg but this was my first insurance in my own name.

i wouldnt trust quinn direct after they tried screwing me out of 6,500 euros when i had my accident last year they quote cheap and then try to wiggle out of it when you claim

i'm with quinn direct. they quote me much cheaper than anyone else on my 106 rallye by miles and i changed my insurance over from the rallye today to a classic uk 2 litre turbo :dance: and insurance went up just 1000 for the year but i'm 23 and on a second provisional so happy days. was 800 less than what i had in my head willing to pay insurance. :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

@ keith555 i just hope you dont have an accident because they will argue with you and try to pay less than the car is worth

wasnt there something in the papers about quinn being the least likely to pay out

:thumbsup:

I don't agree with the anti quinn people.

My sis had a tip in her 96 micro last month. The other party was at fault and was insured with quinn.

small smack - bonnet, grill, front bumper needed replacing.

She claimed €2200 in total. Sourced seconds for €100 so not a bad days work! :guinness:

But there's no way a '96 micra is worth anything near 2K and quinn were very prompt in paying up.

I suppose the driver of the other car might not agree with me when he gets his renewal!!

Back