impreza insurance

marksscooby

Petrolheads
hi all, talk about unlucky i bought a version 5 impreza coupe a month ago and got a quote before i bought it from royal sun alliance for 2200 euro with the following details

age 21, 3yrs no claims clean licence no penalty points or accidents, then the week after they decided not to insure a person my age anymore, :angry: so i rang arb insurance got a stupid quote for 5000 euro, i had no choice but to sell my v5 impreza coupe :cry:

i want to ask you all how much are ye paying for insurance with similar details as above?

i would love to buy a subaru impreza v5 coupe again dont know what to do :pray:

did you try brittons , i got quoted half what fbd wanted for same insurance. Bit older than you though

dig the forum there's been a few posts about insurance.

Person at your age even with ncb should expect higher quote on impreza :(
I'll be calling about that soon to find out if i get insured cause I'm thinkin all the time of gettin impreza.

btw. I'm 25 with 1year ncb paying 1600 on non 2.0 turbo Legacy and I'm still on provisional

Yea I remember getting quote a few years back for 7500 :shock: on an Impreza with hibernian so that put paid to that at the time had to wait till I was 26 to get a half decent quote try Mike Murphy{Insure.ie} :thumbsup:

Do an online qoute with britton insurance.
Probably be 2.5k
Im with 123.ie for 1600euro with 4k excess.
Think you've to be over 25 to use them though

@ brian colllins unfortunately i did to a neighbour of mine :( dont know what to do about a subaru impreza now :dunno:

@mark I couldnt get insured on an impreza simply for the fact of age, im 23 and have 2 yrs no claims i think on my own policy and im paying 1400 of the legacy T turbo. dont know if the insurance companies have copped on yet bout these but they're much cheaper insurance than the impreza. only problem is with the tax soon.

Im 28 had an accident 9 years ago got insured with probus europe in 05 for 2280 quid on a v5 sti which was my first car to insure i payed 2200 for the spec c last year and got a quote from brittons a few months ago for 1600.

MIne didn't come down at all this year from last year, I rang around different companies but they won't touch it as a new customer even with a full no claims! I'm 32 and paying €1400 a year! I won't touch the likes of brittons as you are loaed with the first payment if you have a crash! In some cases you pay the first Five Grand! MIght as well have no insurance! Bastards! :angry:

@ sti brian thanks anyway but i rang all them and arb were the only ones that would take me :roll: i rang arb back and asked them if i waited until i was 22 with 4 yrs ncb, no penalty points etc, etc, they gave me a quote of 3,500 euro what do ye think of this :ponder:

I'm with ARB, 26, 1 year NCB on my own policy on the STi Wagon for €2,200.

Seems that very few places will take on a new customer in an Impreza. Believe me, I have shopped around... Always "sorry we do not insure those car" or "you'll have to be over 32 to get a qoute". Must be some big flashing red lights come up when they see Impreza.

i paid 3,500 euros back in 2005 on a 98 wrx with a.r.b. with 2yrs no claims and no points....paying 800 euros now on a legacy turbo with 1 yrs no claims and 6 points... imprezas,type r civics , integras etc.. are a big no no with most insurance companys...

Companies that told me "we do not insure Imprezas". I called them all one after the other and got the same responce.

FBD,
ARB,
Hibernian,
AXA,
Eaglestar,
ORiellyCullen,
Allianz Direct,
One Direct,

Back