impreza insurance

@ jimdublin thats where i got the quote a month ago for 2,200 euro from royal sun alliance its a pity i didnt have the car bought that day :)

[quote author=AlanMcB4 link=topic=4952.msg55513#msg55513 date=1200651146]
She claimed €2200 in total. Sourced seconds for €100 so not a bad days work! :guinness:
[/quote]

thats one of the reasons we all pay ridiculous premiums...people abusing the system

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=4952.msg55572#msg55572 date=1200671943]
[quote author=AlanMcB4 link=topic=4952.msg55513#msg55513 date=1200651146]
She claimed €2200 in total. Sourced seconds for €100 so not a bad days work! :guinness:
[/quote]

thats one of the reasons we all pay ridiculous premiums...people abusing the system
[/quote]

If an insurance company overvalues a car, I think that is their fault.

Are you telling me you would return the €2100 and tell them 'thank you but I did it on the cheap'? I doubt it...

happy days if they pay out for other people but if you are with them and claim then you are in trouble i nearly got screwed out of 6 and a half thousand euros by Quinn direct everything from begining to end was a complete sham

I was told that i was not entitled to free recovery and had to sort it out myself which i did only to find out that i was getting recovery but no one told me then the next day i rang them up to find out when they were going to take the car to the garage to be assessed only to be informed that it was at the garage and was being assessed they soon shut up when i told them that it would be a bit difficult as the car was still in my drive and i was looking at it, they then assessed the car and told me it was a write off and an claims handler would be out to talk to me which she did, i had the car 3 months and it was insured for 29,500 euros and they said subaru had quoted for a trade in the car would only be worth 22,000 but because they are a kind company they were offering me 23,000 euros i told them they had to according to their own policy replace the car like for like as it was less than a year old they tried everything to get out of it lies and more lies, it was only when i told them 4 independent people told me i was entitled to the full amount and i would take them to court over this, they eventually backed down and gave an extra year no claims on my policy  :angry: :angry: :angry: so excuse me if i am a bit anti Quinn direct but after that i think even a sane person would be against them

rant over  :lol: :lol:

It might be an idea to put a package together house, business and car together and get quotes that way.
I did this with FBD for o4 WRX and pay €750 for the chariot
The other items are also competively priced as well...

@ keith555 did you ask them what was gonna happen next year when you want to insure the impreza.
Had a mate that did it that way he was fine for a year but the next year they wanted 4k off him just keep an eye out.

I never had trouble with quinn! cheap policy and open drive (with a full licence) :dance:
I had a very nasty crash 4 years ago, A big merc broke red lights and milled me out of it, wrote my car off and tore a load of mussels in my neck and shoulders which I'm still in regular physio for!
point is Hibernian (the other lads insurer) took 11 months to pay out, they would'nt pay till the gaurds prosecuted the merc driver :angry: even though the gaurds were in the process of prosecuting him, they wouldn't except that he was at fault :angry:
And when it did come to the settlement figure it was like haggeling with nackers and I was doing it all myself (without involving solicitors) and they were absolute w*nkers
I relly regret not letting solicitors ride them!!
Point is All insurance companys are great when all is well, but when It comes to paying out there are all w*nkers!!!!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=4952.msg55681#msg55681 date=1200695380]
Point is All insurance companys are great when all is well, but when It comes to paying out there are all w*nkers!!!!
[/quote]

just like banks!

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=4952.msg55665#msg55665 date=1200693357]
@ keith555 did you ask them what was gonna happen next year when you want to insure the impreza.
Had a mate that did it that way he was fine for a year but the next year they wanted 4k off him just keep an eye out.
[/quote]

no keith didnt think off askin i'll buzz them during the week and see what they say and get back to ya about it.

cheers keith :thumbsup:

Back