Honeymoons and all that!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=21346.msg259297#msg259297 date=1266499496]

Heading to Punta Cana in exactly 12 days!! :icon_biggrin:

This is the first 2 week sun holiday that I've had since 1987! :eek7:

Can't wait....any advice!
[/quote]

Make sure you bring sun cream...!!!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=21346.msg259297#msg259297 date=1266499496]
[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21346.msg258974#msg258974 date=1266425759]
Myself and the good lady wife went to the Dominican Republic last year on Honeymoon

Got off the plane and had the rollercoaster ride of a life time going from Puntacana to the resort (about 1 hour drive)

Resort was fantastic...... relaxing hot and very well catered.....

would recommend it :thumbsup:
[/quote]

@ Hammie....

Where did you stay Hammie... we're off to Dreams Resort Palm Beach. We got an unreal cheap deal all inclusive, 14 nights!

[/quote]

thats where i stayed, nice place, lots of restaurants, big ass pool. just be careful down at the beach lots of sharp coral right at the edge of the water, sliced my feet up badly. i wouldn't travel outside the resort on your own, you will understand when you get there. car rental wouldnt be advised either as the roads are the worst i have ever seen. You know its on the same island as Haiti ye? airport will be mental i'd say

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=21346.msg259311#msg259311 date=1266502292]
[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21346.msg258974#msg258974 date=1266425759]
Myself and the good lady wife went to the Dominican Republic last year on Honeymoon
Got off the plane and had the rollercoaster ride of a life time going from Puntacana to the resort (about 1 hour drive)
Resort was fantastic...... relaxing hot and very well catered.....
would recommend it :thumbsup:
[/quote]
@ Hammie....
Where did you stay Hammie... we're off to Dreams Resort Palm Beach. We got an unreal cheap deal all inclusive, 14 nights!
[/quote]

thats where i stayed, nice place, lots of restaurants, big ass pool. just be careful down at the beach lots of sharp coral right at the edge of the water, sliced my feet up badly. i wouldn't travel outside the resort on your own, you will understand when you get there. car rental wouldnt be advised either as the roads are the worst i have ever seen. You know its on the same island as Haiti ye? airport will be mental i'd say
[/quote]

Cheers Dan! :thumbsup: Mate just came back and warned me on leaving resort! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Booked it before the Haiti disaster... :doh: But it should all be fine! I've no intention of leaving the place... it'll be two weeks of R&R, with Rum and Coke by 10am so I'll probably be too drunk to go exploring! :icon_pidu:

@ Hammie....

[/quote]

Careful of the beer is about the only advice ill pass on...... dont drink all the local stuff..... Our constitution isnt built for it pmsl
Dont drink Tap Water....
We were at Dreams La Romana...
There was a place just out on the road we went to that hired out little power boats...... was well worth it... ya follow the guides the whole time but i really enjoyed it..... (organised it thru the hotel)

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21346.msg259333#msg259333 date=1266505857]
@ Hammie....
[/quote]

Careful of the beer is about the only advice ill pass on...... dont drink all the local stuff..... Our constitution isnt built for it pmsl
Dont drink Tap Water....
We were at Dreams La Romana...
There was a place just out on the road we went to that hired out little power boats...... was well worth it... ya follow the guides the whole time but i really enjoyed it..... (organised it thru the hotel)
[/quote]

Cheers Hammie! :thumbsup:

Went to Thailand for our honeymoon. Had 10 days on the island of Koi Sumai and then 4 days in Bangkok. Absolutely unreal would recommend it to anyone. Savage crack and its dirt cheap and there is so much to do all of the time. Been to Toronto a couple of times its a really nice spot and only a short drive from Niagra Falls and ya can even pop into the US but the border Crossing is not for the faint hearted. But if your looking for balls out fun then VEGAS is the spot. Unreal place where you can do anything you Fcuking want any time of the day. Went there last October with 13 friends and had the time of my life. Died a death the few days I got home but were all saving to go back again altho there will be well over 20 of us this time. If ya combined it with San Fran or L.A it would make for a lovely holiday. Jesus after reading that ya would not think we were in a recession. There were good gaps in between those holidays

we went to America for our honeymoon. If you going there go to Las Vegas. 4 days is plenty in Vegas. Its an unreal place but do bring money and lots of it :lol: :lol:

Back