$hit $hit $hit

[quote author=Dali link=topic=3922.msg40605#msg40605 date=1191953318]
With all the carnage on the roads, and your looking for sympathy!

Maybe the summons in the post will wake you up......

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
[/quote]

bit harsh mate............... :shock:

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=3922.msg40642#msg40642 date=1191965043]
I hope so but some how i just dont think so

and it my 3rd
[/quote]

yeah third he has you alright....

i'd wait and see wat happens...

Off Topic but....

Even though i did it myself. This country really needs to sort out this Driving on provisionals. Any prat can get into a car over here with no understand of a car or rules of the road. All u need to get one is to answer 35 out of 40 multipul choose questions right and they will give u one.

And whats worse even if u fail ur test ur still allowed to continue driving.

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3922.msg40640#msg40640 date=1191964959]
like on the beech whats the big deal and it was probably wi no1 there!?
[/quote]

There was people around just nowhere near me.
They pulled me because i was a danger to sosiaty and had to b stopped or the world could end.
Worse thing was they sat there for awhile and watched me and pulled me has i was leaving.

i think our license system is great!!! i failed my driving test the first time i did it and was allowed to drive home by myself only in ireland could this happen :lol: it would be a great country if we could only roof it :drunk: :lol: :lol:

A long shot but maybe try track down the garda who pulled you and explain that Cars are what keeps you out off trouble, encourage you to work hard and the reason you can't afford to get blind drunk and make a neusense of yourself every night! so It's the lesser of the evils!
or if you do end up in court, speek to the gaurd and plead your case! It does work! My Da got stopped after overtaking where he should not have and proceeded at speed though a series of round abouts! And the tax was out by a few months! When he went to court about it he got chatting to the gaurd and he only mentioned the tax to the judge and he had aalready back taxed the car so the judge let him off scott free!!
Dan
I myself had 10 points till recently! All for speeding and i deserved every one, I "only" have 6 now :dance:
If I didn't wear my seat belt I'd fall out of the seat! and those bluetooth ear peice things are great and cheap!
best of luck either way man

Your mate did well there nice1

but i think i"ll just leave him and hope he forgets about it FAT CHANCE

Thanks for your advice Dan.... :thumbsup:

[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=3922.msg40652#msg40652 date=1191965665]
i think our license system is great!!! i failed my driving test the first time i did it and was allowed to drive home by myself only in ireland could this happen :lol: it would be a great country if we could only roof it :drunk: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

I think it's a complete joke to be honest, not only do they need to change the law, but they need to pull their finger out their A$$ and do something about the length of time it takes an individual from booking the drivers to actually doing the driving test. If the laws don’t change, and the time it takes from booking to completing the driving license don’t decrease – I’m sorry to say, but the deaths will keep increasing – and they can do nothing about it, but look at themselves.

I strongly suggest they should introduce different levels of the driving certificate – so one would need to pass multiple tests to qualify to driver fast, more powerful cars. You can’t take someone who has never driven, and hand them an STI – prime example of the two lads yesterday morning. If you don’t know how to handle the power of the car, the car is going to spit you out, fact.

I don’t know why insurance companies don’t offer reduced rates if drivers complete advanced driving courses. Not only does it teach the driver how to handle the car, but it teaches them what to look out for on the roads, and how to react in any situation you find yourself in.

[quote author=CamoMo link=topic=3922.msg40679#msg40679 date=1191971283]
[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=3922.msg40652#msg40652 date=1191965665]
[/quote]

If the laws don’t change, and the time it takes from booking to completing the driving license don’t decrease – I’m sorry to say, but the deaths will keep increasing – and they can do nothing about it, but look at themselves.

[/quote]

i'm sorry to say i don't agree.

wat people fail to realise that did you know that in 1977 there were 650 deaths on the road per annum versus 350 todays total...... so massive decrease versus massive increase to raod traffic, its the media that has us thinking this way....... every death is absolutely tragic. course it is but in reality with amount of moving machinery a day there has be an acceptable number of deaths as weird as it sounds...................

:eek:mg: @ dan

10 points dan, will ya slow down ta eff, or ya wont be allowed ta drive that beauty ya have, i know ya have 6 now so keep it goin in that direction ;)

:subaru: :thumbsup:

All right lads just got pulled on the M50 doh doh doh angry1 angry1 got done for
1 driven with no "L" plates
2 talkin on the phone
3 not wearing a seat belt
4 nobody in the car with a full licence
5 driveing on a dualcarriageway with only a provisional
so what am i lookin at. new_2gunsfiring_v1 new_2gunsfiring_v1 new_2gunsfiring_v1

Right Paul, a balls i know but not the end of the world.

1. a fine
2. 2 points & a fine
3. 2 points & a fine
4. a fine (judge maybe lenient on this !)
5. a fine

Points (2&3): you will get 4 points (just pay the €80 fines) you'll get these in the next 2/3weeks .....end of !!

Points (1,4,5): Summons to court and a fine,

The Garda may just decide to send you the points but normally he would tell ya before he left

Niall.

The reason why they are not too quick to change the provisional licence system is that the second hand car market would die. Where would all the 1990-1996 Micras and Civics go. It seems that most provisional licence holders buy this type of car and hope that when they do get a full licence then they car move up the years and power of the car.

Anyway, PaulV4, it was a stupid thing to do but I hope you get away with it.

like scruff said " stupid for leavin yourself open to it " but at the same time , they will try to nail u for anything they can. not to be funny but did he check your  tyres and other silly little things number plates etc         anyway could have bin worse  :doh:

No mac mac didnt cheak tyres or any thing like that

i think he had enough on me at that stage

i know its not the end of the wourld its just a pain in the hole...

davelegacy

i'm sorry to say i don't agree.

what people fail to realise that did you know that in 1977 there were 650 deaths on the road per annum versus 350 todays total...... so massive decrease versus massive increase to raod traffic, its the media that has us thinking this way....... every death is absolutely tragic. course it is but in reality with amount of moving machinery a day there has be an acceptable number of deaths as weird as it sounds...................

In 1977 - fair enough, but with the technology and safety standards in cars of today, you should notice a decrease in vehicle deaths on the roads.  How many of those 650 vs 350 are deaths casued within the vehicle and deaths caused by vehicles (ie: Hitting an individual crossing the street, etc.).  And how many of those deaths in 1977 were caused my vehicles - I'd say most were caused by horse and(or) cart.  :D

[quote author=CamoMo link=topic=3922.msg40679#msg40679 date=1191971283]

I don’t know why insurance companies don’t offer reduced rates if drivers complete advanced driving courses. Not only does it teach the driver how to handle the car, but it teaches them what to look out for on the roads, and how to react in any situation you find yourself in.

[/quote]

Hibernian do an ignition course for 1.6 or lower, im insured with them because of this course, i got 20 percent off my insurance when i did it.

with regards driving on a duel carriageway, arent L plates allowed on these, just not motorways

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=3922.msg40722#msg40722 date=1192017985]
with regards driving on a duel carriageway, arent L plates allowed on these, just not motorways
[/quote]

I'd say that's just a mistake in Paul V4's post.........he was on the M50, so deffo a motorway (or a big carpark depending on your point of view :p ).

Duel carriageways are fine for L drivers

[quote author=CamoMo link=topic=3922.msg40719#msg40719 date=1192015623]...I'd say most were caused by horse and(or) cart.  :D[/quote]

:lol:

I may be the only member here who was driving in 1977 (?), but from what I remember there weren't too many horses and carts on the roads by that stage, though I did see an ass-cart as late as (about) 1990. (It was driven by an old lady who was turning it on the Square in Listowel and holding up a juggernaut - the new Ireland meeting the old!)

But the state of some of the cars around at the time was another story - I was a passenger in one in Connemara that had a hole in the floor, and lots of other places too, but that wasn't too unusual.  :whistle:

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=3922.msg40749#msg40749 date=1192023450]
But the state of some of the cars around at the time was another story - I was a passenger in one in Connemara that had a hole in the floor, and lots of other places too, but that wasn't too unusual.  :whistle:
[/quote]

Ah, the flinstone age!!! lol :nana: :lol:

Back