Hey All Subaru Gurus!! I am a new B4 owner!

Hey peeps nct today and as soon as I think I have everything set, I?m driving home from work this morning and crack on the windscreen. Watched it spread in disbelief and then crack it found it?s home under the steering wheel. About 90cms in length some luck!

Not sure if my insurance covers windscreen because I?m third party. Eeeekkkk any ideas on how much a windscreen for the b4 would be or where in gods name I?d get one.

If I did have cover from insurance would they be able to source one?

Thanks in advance [emoji41]

Hey scooby would 260 include the glass and installation?

My NCT was a nightmare. The man couldn't start it and burnt the battery which tbf is on its last legs but they needed to jump the car just to get it into the center! :icon_lol: He then couldn't open the boot because he didn't want to turn off the car. So one thing led to another. He came back to me with a shock absorber screw loose. Underneath.

Apparently there is a leak in the exhaust!! mark looked at it last week and it sounded sweet after the work was done. :doh:I was missing a wheel nut on the front left. I think i cross threaded it and forgot to put it back on in case i did anymore damage! My emissions went up AGAIN!!! 1.1 max is 1.05 i thought the exhaust sealed up would help but only thinking now it did say exhaust leak which would probably contribute. Booked in with mark for friday! He seems to knnow his stuff :D

Going to run up some bill getting this car road worthy!

Yes includes screen and installation :thumbsup: was the guy who sold you the car really your friend :icon_grin::icon_biggrin: only joking cars are getting old now and require more maintenance :thumbsup:

Welcome along, sorry to see your having so much trouble with it.i love my b4. I have a 2002 b4 wagon for parts ,if your stuck for anything give me a shout.

Hopefully you get sorted and out driving soon!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lads having a leak from the coolant system but I cannot for the life of me see where it is coming from.
The other day it was over heating turns out there was no water in the radiator. Ok so I Filled it up all?s well but now it?s leaking on the passenger side then when I pull up and stop.

We are doing a flush of the system as some of the pipes were clogged with sh*t.

Anyone have an idea where the leak is coming from I cannot see it in videos or when I get under.

Thanks in advance!?
bde9ca0828a5e8854557ad50f0ffe493.png

488acba56c5908909a797c4a990c2f7c.png

31bb7fd310421d412bc272c5d494958a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the culprit. Running constant water through the lines! A pin hole in one of the hoses!!!
4e077a18a1b2c82448b9d405deb0d562.jpg

Hard to see in the picture but it?s to the left of the red cover the solid silver line is the water.

Looks like 1 of the small pipes on the waterpump. But unknown till you strip it and have a look

Nice one it was one of the tubes for sure with a pin hole. Removed heat shields on exhaust and two other hoses to get to it. Replaced it and everything back in order. [emoji28] has some
Company today too!!
1b4365819a72901208d1373e18209e6d.jpg

Note the healthy crack on my windscreen [emoji1]

9158480f80fc9991923cca1e08a9e0c9.jpg

bb520e00f09f80cbcfcad770fafb39d3.jpg

Hey all question about my turbo timer and a/f ratio. I googled it but came up quite short on finding an answer. The a/f is normally 20.0 which I think is maxed out. Sometimes it goes to 18/19. Does anyone have any experience with these numbers what they mean. I?ve been told that 20.0 is very rich so just looking for some information if possible!!! Thanks!!!! [emoji16]

Is that on driving or idle or what, I don't know much about it but I do know at idle it's supposed to be somewhere around 14.7:1 for the ideal burning thing...
Anywhere MORE than that is lean, less is rich.
So you have 20:1so that's lean.

That's my understanding, but I could well be wrong

Is that on driving or idle or what, I don't know much about it but I do know at idle it's supposed to be somewhere around 14.7:1 for the ideal burning thing...
Anywhere MORE than that is lean, less is rich.
So you have 20:1so that's lean.

That's my understanding, but I could well be wrong

It?s most of the time 20:1 spin. Have you an idea what would cause it to run like that?

Sometimes on light acceleration it will drop to 18/19 as in the picture. 19.5 with fifth gear doing 125kmh or so.

I wouldn?t take that as your a/f ratio at all , it might not even be wired in correctly to the o2 sensor.
It basically takes the voltage from the sensor and gives an predicted a/f based on the voltage . Not accurate at all. It?s not a wide band controller so if I was you just use the timer function on it .

If your a/f was actually 20.1 your engine would be melted by now .a/f is 14.7 :1 at idle and light load/cruising and full
throttle it could be as rich as 11.5:1

I?d disregard that function on the timer and if actually worried about a/f ratio bring it and get it run on a dyno and the mapper will use a wide band o2 in the tailpipe to check the fueling to give you piece of mind .

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Yes it probably needs a map!! Have to save for that. I?ve been recommended rsr could do it and maybe another place in Galway a friend knows.

Thanks for the info.

The previous owner said it worked on idle but maybe when we changed lambda sensor we affected it? It may not be connected but Right either way. I will disregard it. A great help thanks again!

Hey peeps is it possible that my car can run better when I have more fuel in the tank. As some of you might know (above) I?ve been struggling with bucking and trying to get the spark plug gap right but in a full tank of gas in second gear it seems I get no bucking. The other night I had no petrol light on and within 5 miles the light came on and went straight to empty and I ran out of gas. Does this sound familiar to anyone ? I presume the lower I go with fuel now as the tank empties I?ll have the bucking back. Won?t be long until that happens anyways with the b4 should be called b400km per full tank [emoji16]

400 klm per tank it's not a diesel man :icon_grin: 300-350 . Your gauge or your lever sensor is incorrect . Best advice is keep it full

Last edited:
I used get almost 500km to a tank on my B4, auto tho, so never really on high revs on daily driving, but mileage was great I found.
Used average around the 450km per tank mark really, honest to God, was amazed myself, the WRX don't do it lol

Back