Hawh Eye Lowering Springs

The springs fitted perfectly. It was actually very precise and fitted exactly to the holes in that rubber foam. No issues whatsoever.

1)You basically take the whole thing out
2) remove the top rubber piece to get onto the screw,
3) use 17mm wrench and Allen key, remove the top cap from the spring
4) take the old spring out,
5) put new spring in,
6) compress a bit(depending on the springs you are putting in),
7) put the top cover on again,
8) check if it fits(did fit for mine) screw it back together and put on the car again...

I did spend some time researching, some ppl said that they will be different, but no matter how hard I tried, all springs for 2.0l(inc WRX, excl STI) were identical for both Estate and Sedan... I guess there might be difference in Blobeyes design, or maybe bugeyes, but apparently the Hawkeyes are same.

One thing tho, it was pain getting in there in the rear. I had to take off the seats, remove the three screws, and on top there was metalic cover, that went off after removing the screws, then jacked up the car and removed from bottom. To remove the three screws at top of the seats was pain, as I had to take away the seatbelts as well... I usually dont like touching seatbelts, since its safety thingie, but I had no other choice... made sure to put them back there again ;)

for more info, look for example here:

http://apexsuspension.com/gb/index.php?style=springs&page=springs_catalogue

says: Impreza WRX, sedan & wagon, excl. STi GD 03 / 07 320-1200 30 mm not for 6-sp gearbox

That line indicates, that 03-07 imprezas should be compatible including Sedan and wagons altogether.. now, its not a fact, they might be wrong in there.

Ah right Shamrock with the Wagon had his car in a Subaru garage and they bother fitting springs that he got from a Bug I think.

Hawks must be all interchangeable as you said good job one of the best mods I did to my car

I have updated the post above and added some more info Ciaran. Yes, so far I am very happy with that mod, feels like real sports car now:D

I put sti springs in my wagon before fitting lowering ones. I am nearly 99% sure that the bug ones are not the same as blob or newer

[quote author=lukerb5 link=topic=42900.msg494468#msg494468 date=1414612386]
I put sti springs in my wagon before fitting lowering ones. I am nearly 99% sure that the bug ones are not the same as blob or newer
[/quote]

true, bug is different

To add to whole thing. Blobeye and hawkeye you can parts between (with exception of bodywork), at least most of it. Rx and wrx are same (wagon and sedan), but sti is diferent. Bug In terms of springs have same at front like blob or hawk, but diferent at back.

Back