front mount or upgrade top mount

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14436.msg181507#msg181507 date=1240829616]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14436.msg181503#msg181503 date=1240828796]
The other thing as well is you where a direct customer of Bob's he's gonna tell you what you wanna hear.
[/quote]

If you knew bob, then you wouldnt make a rediculous comment like that. He is an honest and genuine person which I'm sure Dave will actually agree with. And to further rebuff your comment i never led him about it, I never once mentioned what i was expecting until after he gave me his estimate. As i previously stated i was expecting something over 300 and would have been delighted with 310... He had no reason to fill me full of crap...
[/quote]

How is that ridiculous? He told your car is putting out 330..you turbos couldn't even run 330 so who's ridiculous?..I didnt say you lead him..if your car makes 330 on a dyno Il pay for the run.
I think this is getting out of hand now, I'm not in any postion to call Bobs estimate into question I know that but I think you calling Dave's credentails into question is crossing the line.
This not my argument and I don't want to fall out with you over it, but thats my opinion on it.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14436.msg181537#msg181537 date=1240835658]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14436.msg181507#msg181507 date=1240829616]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14436.msg181503#msg181503 date=1240828796]
The other thing as well is you where a direct customer of Bob's he's gonna tell you what you wanna hear.
[/quote]

If you knew bob, then you wouldnt make a rediculous comment like that. He is an honest and genuine person which I'm sure Dave will actually agree with. And to further rebuff your comment i never led him about it, I never once mentioned what i was expecting until after he gave me his estimate. As i previously stated i was expecting something over 300 and would have been delighted with 310... He had no reason to fill me full of crap...
[/quote]

How is that ridiculous? He told your car is putting out 330..you turbos couldn't even run 330 so who's ridiculous?..I didnt say you lead him..if your car makes 330 on a dyno Il pay for the run.
I think this is getting out of hand now, I'm not in any postion to call Bobs estimate into question I know that but I think you calling Dave's credentails into question is crossing the line.
This not my argument and I don't want to fall out with you over it, but thats my opinion on it.
[/quote]

I'd rather not fall out with you either but I only responded with what i was told by Bob himself, I have stated that it is between 320 and 330 according to Bob, but everyone seems to take that on the high side for whatever reason, when it could easily be the lower side... If ever i have said that to someone, I always say thats what bob said to me, then immediately follow it by saying "but i'd be happy with 310BHP"... The reason bob told me that he was able to achieve that was because he said that the primary turbo was very strong allowing for substantially more boost in the secondary stage... Dave can also substantiate this claim as my original map was through him when there was a boost issue in the seconday stage and the primary was referred to by the 2 of them as "the little turbo that could"...

I wasnt calling dave into question... he runs, from what i can tell, a successful business and has modified a number of cars... I was simply refuting ian's comments, I simply stated facts, I havent questioned them, bob is more experienced and I would be more inclined to believe him over Dave seeing as he has a lot more tuning experience than dave also.

How about a Charge cooler? think Pace do them?,
Think there is a small water cooler placed at rad opening, this cools water and water is pumped around rhe special charge cooled top mount, and draws away heat... could be handy, no cutting bumper or bonnet :653:

Fair play Kenc,
Very good idea, nice consistant charge temps!
But as (way) above, Most lads seem to think the standard top mount is well up to the job for the time being,
So he can put his money elsewhere for the time being!
Nice for the thread to bo back on topic though,
I imagen theres is a retort or two to go yet! :icon_rolleyes:
Dan

Hope not, ive gone through a box of pringles and a bag of popcorn so far, oh the calories, not feeln good now :wall: :icon_grin:
Yea Dan, a good charge cool system is ment to be excellant at providing a constant temp, very easy to map car as you havent to contend with fluctuation with temp as much.. think there are some that are a chemical filled, as well as water ones...
wonder is the scoop on leggy same as classic impreza, and not good over 100mph ?

Very small scoop standard on them!
I like the aftermarket one pictured above, I think it suits nicely
Saying that it's amazing the difference in appearance between a smooth pure standard new leggy and the sharp sporty look they get with front spitter, headlight eyebrows and nice big sharp rear spoiler! the big scoop would defo suit the sportier looking ones (scubadude's spings to mind)
Defo the pretties scooby being made at the moment!
Dan

have to agree there Dan, other visual mods required to make it look stock:

So seems like Cyber R and Reiz are the only 2 that do the aftermarket scoops for the new Leggy's. I think the Reiz one looks nicer pictured on the red Leggy
img7462jn7.jpg

ImageFromDB.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I still like the white one that was pictured earlier!
Dan

:icon_omg: i leave for a few days and all this happens,wow!! :lol: :lol:

Wish they'd make scoops for the BE5 leggy :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Back