Finally in a Scooby

Aido 8sti

So not really sure where to post as im not really new to the club as i am a good 9 months here.

Anyway I feel a lot has happened in that time and the first person I would like to thank is Evd who seen i was from Sligo and not too far from him, he pm me straight away with advice and I'm very grateful to him for taking the time to do so.

Then Seanie here also thank you sir for everything and you saved me from buying a tarted up WRX posing as a STI lol

Pedro555 was brilliant for advice and I was unlucky I missed out on his car but a big only myself to blame for that one lol.

Tommy555, Thank you sir for all the pms of advice.

And the very good man scoobysub who I rang several times for advice and was a true gentleman to me over the months and I am very grateful as he has great patience lol and even offered to let me drive his car to see what they were like thanks again to you good sir.

So what about the very good big man Garysti, what an overall experience of meeting him with a awesome clean as a whistle STI. I was gob smacked at the nice chap he was and could not stop wondering would I ever see a cleaner Blob sti than his. It was a no brainer in a few minutes all I could think is the hunt is over just do a deal with him and go home lol.
Not only Did Gary sell me a perfect car he got Scoobysub to give it a service fresh oil, brake pads, pollen filter other bits and a good fill of petrol when I got it.
like the club is blessed to have guys with such good will on here top man Garysti":thumbsup:"
Have to say its another thank you to Scoobysub for this as he tipped me off that Gary was shortly putting the car up for sale.

Also I meet another nice chap ScoobyColm who was with Gary and he was also very willing to give advice so thank you very much indeed Colm.

So I drove it home last night and it goes like a stabbed rat lol and I would like to assure Gary the car will be loved not thrashed and anything it needs to be done will be done before its time and thats a fact.I will throw up a few snaps of her at her new home in Sligo at some Stage to finish of the the thread as it would be rude not to lol

Last edited:
Well done and bestbof luck with the new purchase. A fine car you have there.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Congratulations aido it's a great car that I had no plans to sell unless the other went through. It comes alive through the revs as its mapped by the best hope you enjoy as much as I did. The kids will love it and the wife will come around eventually [emoji23] make sure you get a few spins in it to really see the car shine and come to itself take it handy great to see it go to another member and see it again [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the new car. Have seen it on plenty of club outings. Gary looked after it very well [emoji122] I'm sure it will keep you very happy for a long time

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The very best of luck Aido, cracking car to have. Hats off to you for such a positive post to all the club members that helped you out, very good of you to do that. Hopefully see you at a meet, sometime in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Congratulations, great car and got everything it asked for , enjoy it now [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Great car Aido, delighted you got sorted in the end, enjoy the nurspec, ????

Congratulations really nice blob you got there enjoy it now [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new motor. It was well minded and a lovely car in the flesh the few times I saw it. Have fun :thumbsup:

Congrads on your new car Aido :thumbsup: Enjoy it and hope to see you at a few club meets and events over the next few years :thumbsup:

your more than welcome for the advice after all that?s what an owners club is for :thumbsup: and any other questions you may have as we?re all still learning :thumbsup:

enjoy the car and the club :thumbsup:

Was wondering where this went, you got a great car there man
Have seen it a good few times and flawless is the term I'd use. Real nice bark from it also, Gary looked after that like another child, enjoy it man ????????

Lovely car Aido, was it you I seen driving by Longford Sunday evening?
That was Joe driving it up to deliver car I seen you I was in the van behind Derek great seeing another Scooby on the road always brings a smile

That was Joe driving it up to deliver car I seen you I was in the van behind Derek great seeing another Scooby on the road always brings a smile

Was coming back from Sligo myself, seen 3 nice impreza's on the way home, same feeling with the smile every time I see one, lovely dual carriageway just up the road for stretching the legs ????

Congrats on the new car aido. I'm sure you'll love it and look after it well. We will meet up shortly no doubt ????????????????

@Pedro555 thanks mate, Just curious any harm asking did you replace your Blob??

@Garysti I have no doubt you will see me and your old car several times in the future please god, had some nice comments about the car one in which someone said how rich the colour looked and great shine it had:smile:
When I get the 2 post lift in the new year you will see every inch of it on the forum lol

@Scoobysub now Joe your only opening up a can worms for you guys by telling me to as questions lol

But on a serious note I do have a little question that is when driving the car in the morning I try to keep the revs below 3,000rpm for about 10 minutes till its warm but just wondering could I be reving it a bit higher to 3,500 revs as I feel its labouring a bit in some gears so thats not good. Im sure it would be ok to rev it a bit higher but I still would like to hear the comments please.

I'd keep the revs to around 2/2.5 for 10 mins always wouldnt be using boost.

Take it handy and use lower gears be all good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back