Few more 2008 pics

inside really is class looking .. as for outside.. it still don't look anything .. the front and the wide wheel archs look the job but from the drivers door back its all so so wrong..

[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=3916.msg40800#msg40800 date=1192043802]castle garage in bray has a demo model outside last week or so ,
girlfriend said it looks bit like a 1series bmw , enough said really :lol:[/quote]

:clap:

That was my own initial reaction too  :(, when I saw the first pictures  :eek:mg::

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=1887.msg16839#msg16839 date=1175117259]
Reminds me of the BMW 120i, only I think the Beemer looks better:

bmw-120i-uk-ver-008.jpg

Has the Impreza become a victim of the "Japanese BMW" syndrome?  :dunno:

Wonder what the 2009 model will be like?  :ponder:
[/quote]

I think It's class from top to bottom! Fair enough it's not a saloon but I for you didn't buy a scooby for it's looks! for that I'd have bought an Alfa,
I bought a scooby cause It's the best at what it does! Practical, Quick and Safe (It also just happens to look and sound savage aswell) :dance: :headbanger:
And this new car, by all acounts IS lighter, faster, more powerfull, better handling and more practical! And it looks great (even for a hatch) I can't wait to see one in the flesh! And I'll have hugh respect for someone who buys a car surrounded by so many doubters
Dan

[quote author=funnyclub link=topic=3916.msg40843#msg40843 date=1192055632]
This will be the first proper hot hatch in years.
[/quote]

??? Astra opc, focus RS, megane 225, mazda MP3, Civic Type r, Clio 197, Corsa opc, Leon Cupra R, do i need to go on? the last couple of years has seen the resurgence of the hot hatch...and i dont see the STI fitting into the hot hatch category its a 300bhp 4wd rally bred sports car...technically it a hatch but i dont see it in this catergory

lets face it subaru have f****d up big time :cry:..the back of it looks like a Kia.. I wouldn't buy a Kia that looked like that even if it had 400 bhp under the bonnet.. I will wait till I see it in the flesh really before I drive the final nail in the coffin but I could like it then ya never know :dunno:

Yeah im with gerry on this..its just plain sh!t...this car will be horrible to re-sell plus i reckon that type of stlying is going to date rapidly much like a lot of cars from 05 on....like we've hit some weird 70's patch again..good design is good design..the proportions of the car are all wrong ..like they bulged the back acrhes to deflect from the ugliness of it..they look stuck on like some horrible Wings West kit...ITS FCUKING GAY I HATE IT

Jaysus! Are you ok? Do you want a hug? :lol: :lol:
Ah, If we all agreed there would be nothing to chat about!
Dan

im just annoyed with how subaru are going with this..who wanted a radical design?I bet it was some marketing fcukwit in America who decide "hey you know what bill i bet Hatch/mini SUV complete w@nk looking cars are big for 08 gets get the ball rolling.." look at the reaction to this..goes to show Subaru are not listening to its cutomers instead trying trying to futrueproof its designs...the place for this is a new model..
why didnt they make a hatch to fit just below the impreza? makes no sense..look at audi for example..they never vary to far from the template and are now probably making the most exciting cars main stream cars you can get....who would of thought 10 years ago audi would have BMW chasing them with the new m3 after the brilliant rs4...imprezas have been getting better and better and this frankly will put people of i reckon

Good point!!!!!
They should have made a new model! and just keep impoving and uprating the hawk eye!
Should we start a patition and get scooby net and (scooby usa and australia)to do the same

Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3916.msg40838#msg40838 date=1192054662]
Fair enough it's not a saloon but I ... didn't buy a scooby for it's looks! for that I'd have bought an Alfa,
I bought a scooby cause It's the best at what it does! Practical, Quick and Safe ... :dance: :headbanger:[/quote]

Indeed I bought some really ugly (but cheap) secondhand Alfas in the '80s on a similar basis, after my beautiful GT1600Junior :cry: they seemed to really lose their sense of style for a few decades along the way  :(. The 156 came as a great relief when it appeared, and I really like the looks of the more recent GT Coupe.

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3916.msg40838#msg40838 date=1192054662]And this new car, by all acounts IS lighter, faster, more powerfull, better handling and more practical![/quote]

Those features will certainly sell it (though reports that I've heard so far of the WRX sound disappointing), whilst not everybody dislikes the appearance. And let's face it, if it's successful and wins the WRC, we'll all want one!  :eek:mg:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=3916.msg40863#msg40863 date=1192058513]im just annoyed with how subaru are going with this..who wanted a radical design?[/quote]

They're even touting it as "Evolution", now where've I heard that term before?  :whistle:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=3916.msg40863#msg40863 date=1192058513]I bet it was some marketing fcukwit in America who decide "hey you know what bill i bet Hatch/mini SUV complete w@nk looking cars are big for 08 gets get the ball rolling.."[/quote]
Actually it seems to have been his Japanese counterpart, at least the word from one Subaru enthusiast in Japan (rikimaru on subaru-impreza.org) is:

[quote author=rikimaru]Whilst it is seriously minging, i believe Subaru are trying to compete with the current popularity of European Hatches here in Japan. The imprezas just don't sell all that well, whilst smaller cars and sporty hatches, in particular the R 32 seem to be selling quite well, especially considering european cars are a good 50% pricier than their japanese counterparts. I hate the thing but i do see some sense in it.
Also the legacy and the forrester both outsell the impreza here with the legacy being probably the most popular estate car in Japan, particularly in twin turbo form. TBH, i would expect it to sell better here in Japan than the previous model. Just my 2 cents.
I'll write a thorough review of the STi and post pics as soon as the Tokyo motor show arrives in october.[/quote]

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=3916.msg40863#msg40863 date=1192058513]...the place for this is a new model..
why didnt they make a hatch to fit just below the impreza? makes no sense.. [/quote]

Agreed.  :thumbsup:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3916.msg40838#msg40838 date=1192054662]
And this new car, by all acounts IS lighter, faster, more powerfull, better handling and more practical! [/quote]

Don't know if you're specifically referring to the STi here Dan (which no-one has driven, right???) but any review I've read so far has included the words "body roll" fairly prominently??

I just read in CAR Magazine that there is a rumour that Subaru are considering commissioning a redesign already!

Dont get too excited apparently if the rumour is to be believed ist only a redesign of the lights and front and rear bumpers so its is mildly cosmetic only.

What they need to do is give us an all out EVO bating Saloon STI. Now that would make a lot of blue 555 beanie hat wearers happy again :smokin:

Frawls

I would assume that because the car (STI) is lighter, more powerful, a longer more stable wheel base and seems to have a more advanced diff controll setup! That it would indeed be a better handler! :dunno:
I think the body roll refers to the gt-s (wrx) model! but that's nothing a few hundred quids worth of whiteline bits wont sort :thumbsup: :dance:
Dan

I think everyone is referring to the S GT as the 2.5 euro spec STI still hasn't broken cover yet. The S GT ie the WRX, has 2 pot brakes and skinny 205 tyres so its always going to roll around a bit but the STI will suffer no such compromises.

As much as I hate to say it, the Dark Side X is a great looking car and all the oily bits are really impressive too. Now that the Scooby has been robbed of its Barry White voice thanks to the fitment of an equal length manifold I'd say quite a few Scooby fans around the world with deep pockets will defect.

I'm still holding out hope for a saloon STI though, as Subaru tinker with their cars so often it's only a matter of time before they turn their attention on the Saloon. In the US, where the Impreza Saloon outsells the hatchback 8 to 1, there is already massive demand for a saloon STI to take on the new EVO X and with such a massive market even Subaru can't ignore their voices for too long.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=3916.msg41135#msg41135 date=1192198548]
Now that the Scooby has been robbed of its Barry White voice thanks to the fitment of an equal length manifold
[/quote]

Couldnt the tuning companies come up with unequal length headers for it? Im sure it would be a popular modd if people wanted the burble back.

Back