EVO FQ400

Fathertedc

Sunday Drivers
Lads, hope not to upset to many ppl by saying this but a lad i know got a 04 FQ400 and I was out for a drive in it the other day, and jasus its feckin animal. fastest yoke I have driven by a mile
anyone else here drove one ?

with a 3.5sec 0-60 when was brand new with a 3 year warranty it would be nice....

But there was only 100 made in the world............

very nice car, and very quick! the FQ actually stands for F*ckin Quick! but id take a Standard Sti over it any day :D

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4003.msg41509#msg41509 date=1192484459]
very nice car, and very quick! the FQ actually stands for F*ckin Quick! but id take a Standard Sti over it any day :D
[/quote]

eh no you wouldn't............ :roll: :roll: :roll:

damn students always lying...........

any1 ever notice that evo owners look very cranky when they see a subaru in traffic....

hey i true to the cause Dave!! :lol:

those damn 24 your olds, wishing they could be 25 :D

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=4003.msg41521#msg41521 date=1192486245]
anyone ever notice that evo owners look very cranky when they see a subaru in traffic....
[/quote]

i dont!!!

maybe there angry at you for checking them out to see what look is on there face :lol:

it could be a cork thing aswell...scoobies everywhere recently not many evos...ssia being well spent ;)

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4003.msg41465#msg41465 date=1192479440]
People seem to forget that these cars r special editions.
[/quote]
not sure what you mean by that.....
thanks for the informative input though

and to say you would take a standard sti is a bit harsh i think. you would have to have a go in it.

its ok to like other cars apart from subarus lads..i know evos are the direct rival but all cars have there good and bad points..having now owned both i honestly cant find one better than the other overall..they both have there pros and cons..

V6 Sti type R or even 4 door over an FQ400 any day. call me crazy. but from what ive heard from the FQ's that they drive like a plank, and are very hard to live with. the slightly softer Subaru would be more to my preference. i know there is a massive performance difference but feck it who cares :D or maybe get the FQ sell it and buy 2 or 3 Subaru's

B4 I bought my STI I went 2 luk at a FQ 400 when the dealer told me about the oil change every 400 miles, service every 4500 miles @ £350 and a feckin clutch every 9000 miles @ £900 I quickly turned on my heels a left a cloud of smoke from my trainers!!!!!

:subaru:RULES

[quote author=Fathertedc link=topic=4003.msg41544#msg41544 date=1192489873]
[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4003.msg41465#msg41465 date=1192479440]
People seem to forget that these cars r special editions.
[/quote]
not sure what you mean by that.....
thanks for the informative input though

and to say you would take a standard sti is a bit harsh i think. you would have to have a go in it.
[/quote]

Dave already answered this one fatherted, the FQ400 was a special edition, only made 100 of them in total. And from all reports in the media they were an absolute pig to drive.

Have a look at the spec,

Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ400 parts list:

Custom built Garrett GT Dual Ball bearing Turbocharger
Owen Developments custom manufactured cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold and Exhaust Elbow
Omega Forged Pistons
HKS Forged Con Rods
HKS 680cc Injectors
Zytec ITP116 High Pressure Fuel Pump
HKS 1.6 mm Steel Head Gasket
Motec M800 OEM ECU
HKS Iridium Spark Plugs
Jan Speed High Flow Sports Cat
Alcon competition derived 240 mm high clamp mode, heavy duty clutch complete with Cera-metallic 6 paddle sprung centred drive plate
HKS High Strength Head and Big End Bolts
Alcon Mono6 Brake Kit incorporating Monobloc 6 pot road caliper with 343 mm curved vein Disc on a Aluminium mounting bell assembly with Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
Ralliart Aero Mirrors
Carbon Fibre Front Lip Spoiler
Carbon Fibre "Sharks Tooth" Rear Vortex Generator
PIAA High Performance Light and Wiper Upgrade
Gloss Black Team Dynamics Lightweight Alloy Wheels
Driver Training Course

And the work was farmed out, Mitsubishi didn't produce this themselves, various 3rd parties undertook different parts of the build.

I suppose the closest Subaru has come would be with the Litchfield Type 25 or the likes, but to try and compare it with a standard issue STi would be a little unfair in my opinion.

@ STi Brian .... I hardly thought the FQ400 was next up after the 1.5 , even though its an EVO , I think everyone here knows what is it

anyways. to give you a laugh, the lad the owns it is only 23.....

@ fathertedc is that 23 yr old a chopper pilot, ............serious question

:thumbsup:

Not really sure where you're going with those comments fatherted, but suffice to say that yeah its a savage car, perhaps a little too savage if all the press reports are too be believed. But hopefully your friend will enjoy it anyway
I wouldn't buy one - but I'd certainly love a spin in one :subaru:

Back