Eircom Uncongested Broadband

Im starting to look around for a new provider!!!!
Vodafone took over my BT line!!!! What a pile of c*(k their service is!!!!
download of 0.86 meg top on a 5 meg line!!!!
keep tellin me there is a fault on the line but they have yet to sort it out!!!!!!! almost 2 months later

50 meg in my house, just thought i'd share that again encase anyone forgot :icon_grin:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=23332.msg279024#msg279024 date=1272964453]
50 meg in my house, just thought i'd share that again encase anyone forgot :icon_grin:
[/quote]

Noone likes a show off :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :icon_sad: :icon_cry:

:lol:

I love their choice of words "uncongested"...so what exactly does this mean? does this mean you have a dedicated line?...does it fcuk the only way you will get a dedicated line in Ireland is to shell out for a leased line..."uncongested" just means low contention ratios...so rather the 20-1 as they offered before its below that but they don't say how low...
After having over 70 DSL lines with Eircom and 2 leased lines in my last job, the only service I would trust with eircom would be leased lines or an MPLS...

im getting this

and im paying for this

SERVICE SPEED LIMIT MONTHLY FEE
HOME VALUE1 2Mb down/512kb up Unlimited €29.99 incl. Vat

so im not too badly off, 3rd world broadband in this country.
and eircom is and will be no different. and i wouldnt connect to them ever again.

I'm getting that over wifi, it's much better if I plug into the LAN :icon_grin:

For the computer illiterate like me!!
How do you find out how much signal you are getting, (like the above pics)
I have been looking for some one to map my laptop to get a bit more speed and responciveness!
Eircom sort me out??
Dan

I hear UPC will be dialing out 100mb soon enough aswell!!!!!!!

Damn my stupid noise attenuation problems!!!!! :comp26:

Ste can do a fuel remap on you PC, new processor with anti-lag is what you need, adjust the boost pressure and she'll be flying :icon_grin:

I think Dan's wiggling shaft is fooked Phil. Nothing I can do.

Download 1.97 Mb/s
Upload 0.04 Mb/s
Is that good??

Dan

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=23332.msg279163#msg279163 date=1272995797]

I'm getting that over wifi, it's much better if I plug into the LAN :icon_grin:
[/quote]

does that mean if you plug the laptop into the wireless router, you get more speed?

Yeah, the wireless is only 54 mbps if your using 802.11G. I've a 50 mb fibre optic connection in my house, if I bypass the wireless and go wired I'm using the 1gbps switch and pretty much get the full potentional of my connection.

I've no contention though :thumbsup:

Back