Eddie Stobart Dies

He gained success at under cutting and doing it cheaper than anyone else, feel sorry for the truck drivers he put out of a job.
He was a great business man. Depends from which side you view it.

RIP for he's own family.

Both my Brother and father work at Stobarts Dublin depot , and as far as they can see the only major contract they have in Ireland in Tesco's , who have done away with their Irish fleet , im open to correction if anyone knows more but its one english company replacing another doing the same job ,

RIP to the man anyway ,

just as a side note Nolans transport in wexford Probably costed more irish truckers their jobs than stobarts , sheer volume of cheaper non national labour they have is mad

reason they have tesco's is probably due to the fact that stobarts have major shareholding in Tesco

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=29856.msg345621#msg345621 date=1301658486]
Both my Brother and father work at Stobarts Dublin depot , and as far as they can see the only major contract they have in Ireland in Tesco's , who have done away with their Irish fleet , im open to correction if anyone knows more but its one english company replacing another doing the same job ,

RIP to the man anyway ,

just as a side note Nolans transport in wexford Probably costed more irish truckers their jobs than stobarts , sheer volume of cheaper non national labour they have is mad
[/quote]they have started into coke work now tommy, musgraves work is next on the list

R.I.P.

Alls fair in love and war and the truck industry you'd have to be very aggressive and he was.

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=29856.msg345621#msg345621 date=1301658486]

RIP to the man anyway ,

[/quote]

spot on tommy nolan transport had around 350 trucks with 5 irish drivers

Back