Eddie Stobart Dies

thats a shame,very young to die.
some man for pumping money into all forms of motorsport,he will be missed.
R.I.P. Eddie.

as above

he might like motorsport but he has wrecked the trucking industry in this country

as above i've noticed a huge increase in eddie stobart lorries on our roads mostly back the west and south, i tought tesco were to blame.

RIP to the man anyway

sorry lads :dontknow:
i did see an increase of stobart trucks in the last while but didnt think of it that way.
i understand now :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=29856.msg345543#msg345543 date=1301610334]
R.I.P....
off topic....but what exactly did he do wrong in business??
sorry if i'm in the dark here.
[/quote]

sounds like he under cut or overwhelmed irish owner/driver truckers.
obviously put the small lads out of business,only reading between the lines from above responses.
i may be wrong :dontknow:

eddie stobart is to trucking what ryanair is to aviation he is so good at cutting the price of his service ,that the owner drivers could not compete with the agressive nature of his rates ,so alot of truckers would not have much time for him personally i think he was at the top of his game when it came to logistics..so rip to him ..

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=29856.msg345550#msg345550 date=1301610939]
eddie stobart is to trucking what ryanair is to aviation
[/quote]

:ponder2:

Eddie Stowbart was a very intelligent but ruthless business man, he done everything he could to ensure his business and his drivers always had work! Unfortunately smaller business's where unable to compete and went out of business!

Rest in piece, may your family and friends be forever comforted that your not suffering

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=29856.msg345559#msg345559 date=1301615368]
[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=29856.msg345550#msg345550 date=1301610939]
eddie stobart is to trucking what ryanair is to aviation
[/quote]

:ponder2:
[/quote]what i meant by this andy is that eddie stobart has cut every price anybody put in against him to get the work ,and has lead to other companies getting in to trouble with having no work maybe my comparison was not a good one but thats what i meant...he was a very good bussiness man..

well if peter was charging me a fiver and paul were charging 6.50 for the exact same product , who would you buy off !!
was he a success ??? question answered imo !!

rip

stobart tried to invade france with his trucks . but with the french having the 'take no sh*t attitude' they burnt a few of his lorries.
and that ended that .

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=29856.msg345574#msg345574 date=1301643824]
what i meant by this andy is that eddie stobart has cut every price anybody put in against him to get the work ,and has lead to other companies getting in to trouble with having no work maybe my comparison was not a good one but thats what i meant...he was a very good bussiness man..
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Back