Dear Mr. Focus driver

This would be fairly common where I lived in Missouri... If they didn't win, and sometimes just seeing my Subaru, there were usually rumors that followed...

Against my 1991 2.2 Legacy turbo
Told my friend, "The Subaru had NOS, fake horsepower!" <-- He literally said "NAHS"
Told me, "That's not a 2.2L 4cyl, I'll bet he's got a v8" <-- When I beat a "fully built" V8 5.7L Chevy with "BAD ASS" in huge vinyl letters on the back window.
Told me, "That's insane!" <-- I beat a Chevy Cobalt SS

Against my 04' Sti 2.5L
Told other people, "He must be a dealer, that car is built." <-- Beat an actual (obviously a small time one) drug dealer's 90's BMW 318 with M badges!
Told my brother, "Ken must be a hacker to afford that car." <-- I tested aviation software and saved my money and paid off bills to afford it. lol
On several occasions, "DO A BURNOUT!!!!"

I was up-town in the hang out spot for car-enthusiasts in a rural Missouri town...

Random boy racer, "You should ride in his 240... It's sick-fast!"
Me, "Cool, I'd like to check it out!"

I ride in his car, there's lots of wheel-hop and clutch jutter from a high-rated clutch, but over all it has some decent power for an SR20 Nissan. the driver lacks finesse, but he's probably 16 or so and still learning... So I'm polite and tell him practice means everything..

I return the favor, giving a ride in my Sti. I take it to a non populated area, hitting some decent speeds and a few handling examples.

We return to the parking lot...

Random boy racer, "your Nissan would beat his car huh!"
240 Owner, "ummmmm... *shy laugh* ...no way in hell"
I say, "Not yet, but its a good start for someone's first car!"

Random boy racer, "but how is it faster?!"
240 Owner, "His car... is... insane...."
Me, *smile* It's just Subaru plus a few ingredients...

[quote author=Murto link=topic=35483.msg407537#msg407537 date=1346572606]
[quote author=eliroche link=topic=35483.msg407505#msg407505 date=1346536397]
I find it's a lot of the TDi club try it on, serious case of thinking they have a fast car syndrome there
[/quote]

I find the exacty same thing, Road Warriors driving Golf and Passt TDI can't wait to show me how
super awesome they are!

I leave them to it, at the end of the day their driving a cube on wheels and when they park it, they'll
come across 10 more cars just like theirs.

Pity them and their sad little lives. :subaru:
[/quote]

Show them this!

cf16785b5b975042a7497649e36d5dae.jpg

Back