Dear Mr. Focus driver

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
To continue on from the mac mac dialogue in relation to his recent golf encounter i thought i would share my story form this evening.

Dear Mr Focus driver, I dont know if you remember me, but now that i think about it i am probably all that is on your mind, given that your mate in the passenger seat has been laughing at you for the last few hours as you got your ass handed to you. I know you thought your car was super awesome as you drove like a joyrider in traffic. Im not sure what compelled you to drive like a lunatic to try and catch up with my rear bumper in busy evening traffic, there was no where to go, traffic to the left concrete barrier to the right. Was it to show me your wonderful foglights that you had on for no apparent reason or was it the passing of a mild boxer rumble from my twinscroll setup that unleashed your boy racer senses within, and you instantly assumed that meant game on and you needed to follow me like a fly on sh*t. For a moment i thought your car was a Focus RS and thought it would be a fun adventure home but as you sat on my rear bumper i could see that it was nothing special and not worth wasting the petrol. Did you think that flashing your lights at me would make me yield to the awesomeness off Ford Focus ST?

Oh but you did persist ,dangerously crossing 2 lanes to follow me to the on-ramp. As we drove down the the ever narrowing, spiralling on ramp, you again felt the urge to try and get in front of me by any means possible, unfortunately the lane you are in ends quite suddenly and again you have a tough decision to make and fall back into place. i reached for 4th gear and drove appropriately around the bend to merge with the follow of traffic, this for some reason seemed infuriate you, your car wriggled around twitching like a school boy on roller blades for the first time as you tried to build your speed in the bend. My sti Bilstein suspension performed as expected with buckets of grip and that planted feel of an AWD system. You may not have noticed but i slowed down for a second to give you a chance, and a lesson.

Into third gear as the on ramp straightened the boost rose quickly thanks to the titanium turbine and shaft from 2000 rpm and was already and peak torque by 3500rpm. I opened my window slightly to hear that lovely noise of the twinscroll playing through the Fujitsibo dual exit exhaust, as i accelerated under the bridge above. I checked my rear view mirror to see if you were still with me but unfortunately your little heavy, torque steering 2.5 litre ford was a good 100m back and fading into the distance. and you were still flashing your lights for some reason. Into 4th gear, and away like a train.

As i approached traffic in the middle lane and slowed down to a reasonable speed at that point your "race" was over, there was heavy traffic ahead you were 200m behind, Im not sure what compelled you to change 3 lanes of traffic in one maneuver without signaling to simply past me as i was slowing down, only to nearly rear end someone in the process with the ridiculous speed you were doing at the time. You drove like a mad man trying to under take/ overtake, duck and weave, forcing your way through traffic to get away from me now for some reason, until you finally got boxed in like a trapped rat and i passed you slowly on the outside.

Im not sure why you gave me the finger as i passed, i did not create the traffic, i did not cause you to be stuck in that lane and its definitely not my fault my car is better than yours. It must be annoying when you try to impress you mate/boyfriend only to get your ass handed to you by what you though was probably just a slow, old mans legacy with a big exhaust. The look on your mates face was priceless. Im glad he enjoyed your defeat. Don't kick yourself too hard as they ST's are a nice car, just maybe start saving for an RS or something with a bit more traction.

Time and a place buddy and it was neither. Not all legacy's are slow, think about that next time you come across a Subaru on your travels.

}
Rant

yeah ,good read :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

we need more of these stories imo :subaru: v "hardman in a shitebox" :roll: , any one else got one !

There are muppets evrywhere and it seems 2 happen almost evryday when u take ur scooby out 4 a spin... I had a lad in a bog standard 206 trying 2 undertake me 2day also...my story wud not b as detailed...I just put my right foot on d accelerator :icon_nana:

Is this quite a common thing that people here experience? I never get people behaving like that, sticking to my rear bumper or trying to catch me.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=35483.msg407483#msg407483 date=1346528415]
Is this quite a common thing that people here experience? I never get people behaving like that, sticking to my rear bumper or trying to catch me.
[/quote]

had a dickhead in an audi a6 try it on while coming home from Brians earlier , frightened the shite out of him when i showed him my brakes work very well ,

I find it's a lot of the TDi club try it on, serious case of thinking they have a fast car syndrome there
Don't entertain it 90% of the time but when I'm in the car without the kids...…!

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=35483.msg407483#msg407483 date=1346528415]
[/quote]

i get it every now and again. most of the time i just ignore them or sort it out with some left foot braking, but this time was different!

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=35483.msg407505#msg407505 date=1346536397]
I find it's a lot of the TDi club try it on, serious case of thinking they have a fast car syndrome there
[/quote]

I find the exacty same thing, Road Warriors driving Golf and Passt TDI can't wait to show me how
super awesome they are!

I leave them to it, at the end of the day their driving a cube on wheels and when they park it, they'll
come across 10 more cars just like theirs.

Pity them and their sad little lives. :subaru:

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=35483.msg407505#msg407505 date=1346536397]
Don't entertain it 90% of the time but when I'm in the car without the kids...…!

[/quote]

+1

Back