Cleaning products

[quote author=Keith555 link=topic=44000.msg512992#msg512992 date=1428331445]
Nice little kit to give you some ideas of there products before you decide on buying bigger bottles.
[/quote]
Absolutely. I bought a bottle of chemical guys orange degreaser to.

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=44000.msg508321#msg508321 date=1424808309]
only megs stuff i use is the tyre shine , find the rest of the range very poor ,
[/quote]

Two separate auto museum owners have told me, "Meguires is the best... that you can buy at Wal-Mart" hehe

I've used a good few different brands and chemical advancement does make a difference! I used to detail cars for a living...

My favorite so far has been Adam's Polishes brand, based on it being non-toxic and saving time over traditional bodyshop level chemicals. I also liked how they weren't perfumey, I have issues with strong perfumes- I get itchy! And the cars I detailed smelled of woods, cotton, natural rubber and leather, so some old dude would be having a heart attack if his 1927 Durant Star or Type 65 Coupe smelled like anything other than period-correct!

http://adamspolishes.com

what about it do you find is poor tommy?? I used it for years on the saxo and always found it very good !!

I've never found one brand that have the best of everything, I use a good lot of different brands for different jobs, orchard autocare, poorboys, dodo juice, autoglym, chemical guys, bilt hamber, etc.

Actually, in addition to the orchard recommendation above, lads should look at some of the Bilt Hamber laboratories products, the make some top notch stuff, clay bars, autobalm and surfex HD.

Agree with you there rob there ain't one brand best for evrything.

Also a fan of the Bilt hammer gear you get great results and great bang for your money.

[quote author=WAGON DEC... link=topic=44000.msg513048#msg513048 date=1428351148]
what about it do you find is poor tommy?? I used it for years on the saxo and always found it very good !!
[/quote]

Think it may have been better back then dec . It's like it's gotten really main stream and quality has suffered over quantity . The finish doesn't seem to last anymore . Like a wash or 2 after a good polish and the thing needs doing again . Also think it has got a greasy streaky finish that attracts dust and dirt .

Autoglym is much the same but some of there products are great .

The only megs I'd use anymore is the tyre shine . Great stuff.
Autoglym do decent rapid detailer . Also hd polish is good . And like their bumper and rubber protectant (transporter bumpers and floor )

Find poor boys great for apc. Engine dressing polish and sealant .

Just my own opinions though . Doesn't mean I'm 110% right .............Usually am though lol

I got the cube today from clean car sample cube today and I haven't a clue what half the stuff Is for and the instructions aren't much of a help. I'll post up in a bit what I'm clueless about.

Plenty of car detailing forums on the go the last few years 2.

Might be better than you tube in that some professionals use the forums and offer good advice for free

Thanks very much. Think I've enough forum memberships at this stage ha ha. I'll give the tube a whizz thanks guys.

What's included:

Eraser (Intensive Oil & Polish Cleaner)
Fog Fight (Long Lasting Anti-Fog Agent)
Perl (Water Based Silicon Oxide Coat)
HydrO2 (Wipe-Less Silica Spray)
IronX LS (Powerful Iron Contamination Cleaner)
IronX Cherry (Powerful Iron Contamination Cleaner)
TarX (Powerful Tar & Adhesives Remover)
Reload (Silica Spray Sealant)
SO2 Pure (Photo Catalyst Air Purifier Coating)

As the lads said, YouTube for how to use

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=44000.msg513157#msg513157 date=1428527201]
What's included:

Eraser (Intensive Oil & Polish Cleaner)
Fog Fight (Long Lasting Anti-Fog Agent)
Perl (Water Based Silicon Oxide Coat)
HydrO2 (Wipe-Less Silica Spray)
IronX LS (Powerful Iron Contamination Cleaner)
IronX Cherry (Powerful Iron Contamination Cleaner)
TarX (Powerful Tar & Adhesives Remover)
Reload (Silica Spray Sealant)
SO2 Pure (Photo Catalyst Air Purifier Coating)

As the lads said, YouTube for how to use
[/quote]
Thanks very much. I will hit the tube. Thanks

Used some Orchard iron cleanse at the weekend on both daily cars. Silver is hers which I'd say hasn't seen a proper clean since it was new and you can see a couple of spots on the Audi too.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_164833.jpg
    IMG_20150418_164833.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150418_164853.jpg
    IMG_20150418_164853.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=44000.msg514283#msg514283 date=1429629969]
Used some Orchard iron cleanse at the weekend on both daily cars. Silver is hers which I'd say hasn't seen a proper clean since it was new and you can see a couple of spots on the Audi too.
[/quote]
Is that a Direct spray onto the body work product?

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=44000.msg514284#msg514284 date=1429630589]
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=44000.msg514283#msg514283 date=1429629969]
[/quote]

Is that a Direct spray onto the body work product?
[/quote]

Spray directly from the bottle or dilute also if you wish. I spread it with a cellulose sponge then. Very similar product to the IronX you got there above.

Thanks rob. I haven't got a chance to get my kit yet. Been up the walls with work but will report when I get a chance

Hi all I'm after some tar X and some iron X but detailing shed are all out. Can anyone else recommend any other sites that sell these products

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back