Bob Rawle Re map, Now with price

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32251.msg376287#msg376287 date=1326463298]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32251.msg376285#msg376285 date=1326462877]
No it doesn't... but would you not agree the standard turbo would struggle to cope with that much boost and could be killing my power?
[/quote]

As i have said above we would map 1.3-1.35 bar area.

If a restrictor pill has been changed, actuator adjusted or vaccum pipework from turbo to solinoid changed for a incorrect diameter then can cause a higher boost then was mapped for? Do you not agree????

Therefore once again assumtion car is now exactly as it was then.

Have you emailed bob on the situation and asked his opinion and givin the reg to find out his notes on car re mods/fuel/exhaust boost etc??
[/quote]

I have checked all the things you mentioned Dave and as far as I can see all is OEM and hasn't been replaced or adjusted... as I agree any of these things could have affected the boost. I spoke to Bob a while back as I changed the exhaust back to a standard system and he assured me it would have no other affect then possibly reducing the boost. So as far as I can tell nothing has been altered... other than me swapping the exhaust out... that would cause the high boost. I then spoke to him after the RR day and explained I wans't happy with the map and infairness he offered to reflash it back to standard settings as I explained it's a commuting car now and not in need of any power mods. The only issue with me sending him the ECU is he can't cofirm when he'll be able to map it... as he'd need another V6 UK customers car to put it in to re-flash so I could be without out it for a few weeks... therefore I'm chasing another option at the moment for sending it off to be re-flashed that should hopefully get done in a faster turnaround time and not leave me car-less for too long.

Out of interest Jamie have you put another decat on the wagon?Could be a weak actuator aswell starting to show itself?

And from my experience is that cars mapped on rollers are for lads looking big print out figures etc and road mapping just does the job on track and quarter mile.

Dave i find it strange with your experience to make a comment like above,it is not possible to map all cars on the road only and the dyno is not just for bragging rights it is also needed to unleash the full potential and monitor the high bhp cars when pushing,it just isnt safe to map some cars on road expecially if mapping for race fuel would you not agree?that said if you had a dyno in place would you still map on the road?

with regard to bob i have used him outside sti tuning and found him ok and is well regarded as a mapper

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=32251.msg376295#msg376295 date=1326468005]
Out of interest Jamie have you put another decat on the wagon?Could be a weak actuator aswell starting to show itself?
[/quote]

No... she's fully back to standard Baz, as I bought the car with the complete OEM exhaust system which went back on with a H&S b/box.

As Alan said, all the top cars are mapped on the rollers then tweaked on the road

Pretty sure all the top uk cars are mapped on the rollers and I am sure if u had a rolling road u would be looking at this topic from the other side of the coin .

Just my 2 cents

They certainly have their place.

Non road legal cars etc.

But they are still checked on track or have data loggers on them that can be viewed after lap testing etc.

it is still not possible to map all cars on road weather there legal or not as you have the garda element of things and not to mention safety,there are plenty of road going/legal cars that need a dyno to tune.

its not formula 1 wer you have a pit crew and team of technitions on hand while you do a few laps either

sorry you feel that way man
my experiences have not been such
have made many friend's on this site
and don't find any bitchiness
it is what you make it I suppose :thumbsup:
[quote author=lenny-d link=topic=32251.msg376252#msg376252 date=1326442513]
Well said that man

Look I'm just going to pull this as I think I'll bin this site as there seem to be alot of b1tches on here and life's too short

Guess I'll not see u around then
[/quote]

as above man sorry you feel that way like colm and i know other people i have made good friends through this club and most of the above were only voicing there opinion and you tarred us all with the one brush which i think was a bit harsh but we're all entitled to our own opinion as are you

[quote author=lenny-d link=topic=32251.msg376252#msg376252 date=1326442513]
Well said that man

Look I'm just going to pull this as I think I'll bin this site as there seem to be alot of b1tches on here and life's too short

Guess I'll not see u around then
[/quote]

Look at the bright side, it only took this guy 13 posts to show he is a bell end, where as i can think of a few that took a lot longer.

Seeing as we're all b!tches now, I think we've all been spending too much time online together and all our periods have sync'd up so maybe thats why we're so bitchy at certain times of the month :icon_lol:

As for the rest of the thread, people are perfectly entitled to express their opinions on this site, and have discussions/heated debates whenever they see fit. If it goes too far, then it will be addressed but that rarely happens nowadays :subaru:

no popcorn required here for a long time which is great :clap:.

with regards to mapping everyone has different opinions and what will suit some will not suit others.i don't know enough about it to comment :thumbs up:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=32251.msg376347#msg376347 date=1326489098]

Look at the bright side, it only took this guy 13 posts to show he is a bell end,
[/quote]

Wow :icon_omg:

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=32251.msg376370#msg376370 date=1326492545]
[quote author=KENC link=topic=32251.msg376347#msg376347 date=1326489098]

Look at the bright side, it only took this guy 13 posts to show he is a bell end,
[/quote]

Wow :icon_omg:

[/quote]

Yeah I know... I found that very funny too. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back