Bob Rawle Re map, Now with price

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32251.msg376249#msg376249 date=1326415783]

@Jamie... Your comments re boost suggests Bob ran map in a unsafe way..... You have not melted a piston or anything like it but again strong comments..

[/quote]

Dave...

My comments weren't meant in any other way than stating the facts. I'm not looking to get into a big debate over Bob's credibility but have to ask, do you honestly think running 1.5 bar of boost on a standard UK WRX is safe? The fact I haven't melted a piston or my turbo hasn't expired is irrelavant and is hardly a good reason to defend the map done... I'd say I'm just lucky.

I was dissappointed to find out the boost was so high and from talking to lads at the RR day... one or two had had similiar issues with maps from Bob. I don't think me saying running 1.5 bar on my car is "ridiculous levels" or unsafe is anything but true... or could be considered as strong comments as you put it. :dontknow:

Not meaning to offend though.

Yes Dave I took his word saying everything was ok , brought the car back to the rollers

After he had mapped it for the second time and was told and shown that it was making less

Power than before , not starting a big debate here but I think I am

Entitled to voice my opinion on this seen as I have used bob the guts of ten times !!

Happy new year

[quote author=lenny-d link=topic=32251.msg376252#msg376252 date=1326442513]
Well said that man

Look I'm just going to pull this as I think I'll bin this site as there seem to be alot of b1tches on here and life's too short

Guess I'll not see u around then
[/quote]

cheeky little ba*tard, yeh aint even paid up member coming on here and causing shight... Your no loss BYE BYE

now now chaps,

of course Dave will defend Bob, and he is right too, his reputation precedes him, he is arguably one of, if not the best mappers there is for the TT's and also Subaru's in general, think of all the maps Bob has ever done, just like any product or service, there may be one or two that slip the net and are in some way flawed, that shouldn't mean his reputation should be tarnished. I'm sure if it was easier for him to get over he would correct any problem without pause.

the only problem with having the best of the best is that it comes at a cost, a cost that most here couldn't afford or validify spending it, thats where Coture would come in, an affordable service for the masses.

its just two sides of the tuning scene, some have more money to spend, and others less, each person will try and back up their choice of mapper.

i think we should all just agree to have different loyalties. i would one to have Bob do my car, it would be my choice no question, but seen how times are hard, if the job Coture do is of merchantable quality for a third of the price its hard to ignore

in regards to Lennys comment, i too found this when i joined, but over time i got used to the speak what you think attitude of ISDC :icon_biggrin: and it can be rather off-putting, coming from another forum where its pretty heavily policed and anything that could be construed as offensive and such is promptly removed it can be a bit of a shock when you say something wrong and get called out and shouted at, over time i leaned to take it all with a bit of salt and not take offense :thumbsup:

and DaveSTi: i find it unfair that you single Lenny out as not being a paid member, as a member with only 13 posts do you think it fair that he has to pay the €50 fee to be accepted, he only signed up as i told him he may get some takers on here for his mapping idea, that would benefit the forum with group buy discounts, do you think he should also have payed the site for the privilege of trying to help people out

thats my rational 2cents worth, i will await the tirade of abuse! :thumbsup:

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=32251.msg376265#msg376265 date=1326453436]
now now chaps,

of course Dave will defend Bob, and he is right too, his reputation precedes him, he is arguably one of, if not the best mappers there is for the TT's and also Subaru's in general, think of all the maps Bob has ever done, just like any product or service, there may be one or two that slip the net and are in some way flawed, that shouldn't mean his reputation should be tarnished. I'm sure if it was easier for him to get over he would correct any problem without pause.

the only problem with having the best of the best is that it comes at a cost, a cost that most here couldn't afford or validify spending it, thats where Coture would come in, an affordable service for the masses.

its just two sides of the tuning scene, some have more money to spend, and others less, each person will try and back up their choice of mapper.

i think we should all just agree to have different loyalties. i would one to have Bob do my car, it would be my choice no question, but seen how times are hard, if the job Coture do is of merchantable quality for a third of the price its hard to ignore

in regards to Lennys comment, i too found this when i joined, but over time i got used to the speak what you think attitude of ISDC :icon_biggrin: and it can be rather off-putting, coming from another forum where its pretty heavily policed and anything that could be construed as offensive and such is promptly removed it can be a bit of a shock when you say something wrong and get called out and shouted at, over time i leaned to take it all with a bit of salt and not take offense :thumbsup:

and DaveSTi: i find it unfair that you single Lenny out as not being a paid member, as a member with only 13 posts do you think it fair that he has to pay the €50 fee to be accepted, he only signed up as i told him he may get some takers on here for his mapping idea, that would benefit the forum with group buy discounts, do you think he should also have payed the site for the privilege of trying to help people out

thats my rational 2cents worth, i will await the tirade of abuse! :thumbsup:

[/quote]

So what other mappers have you experience off?

when i was selling my car and i put add saying it was mapped by bob... got a few phone calls and they all asked me had i a recipt for work done and when i said no..! all you here back is i heard that one before and they try and knock you back for them to map it....! after handing over that amount of money you would want more

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=32251.msg376267#msg376267 date=1326454673]
i don't personally, having a non mapped car, but i have heard of other mappers mentioned on here by other users
[/quote]

So why are you getting Involved? Guys here have been through various mappers and are airing their opinions which they are entitled too

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=32251.msg376271#msg376271 date=1326457279]
i don't personally, having a non mapped car, but i have heard of other mappers mentioned on here by other users
[/quote]

So why are you getting Involved? Guys here have been through various mappers and are airing their opinions which they are entitled too
[/quote]

Well said !!

@goosie, im not singling anyone out for being a non member, he is a forum member and in my eyes a member of the ISDC.

He obviously does not share the same opinion or he wouldnt be calling us all bitches as he has catagorised us all with the one statement.
Easy to do i suppose being a laptop warrior.

He could always go to the AGM and voice his concerns that we are all of the female persuasion

What i will say first is that we are all entitled to opinion etc as thats wat sites are all about.

But it does come back to old argument of rolling road vs road mapping.

And from my experience is that cars mapped on rollers are for lads looking big print out figures etc and road mapping just does the job on track and quarter mile.

@Jamie

What are you reading off to find out car boosting 1.5bar. We would normally map uk spec cars to 1.3-1.35 bar depending on fuel, knock activity etc.

@JP

I really am not going to get into a on line debate. As you know most welcome to email me anytime. But wat i will say is that you were very happy with the car until figure chasing. As in feel and pull of the car etc.

This is a huge constant debate re power figures when mapped on road. Example a decatted sti new age say on a vf34. Average figure here on our fuel does 310-320 area.. If you read a uk forum the info you get back is that should be making 350bhp easy.

So yes on a rolling road you can make her do 340-350. Print her off.. Then go back out on the road to do a final map check and adjust accordingly. If it went back up on rollers it would be 320bhp. Then would need to adjust to get back up to 340bhp but then wouldnt be safe on road..

Age old debate.

And we began using Bob Rawle in October 2007 so near 4 1/2 years. The reason? He had a super reputation and i stand by it and have seen and drivin his work.

Mapping over 2 days litterally closes the garage down for this time. Collection to and from airport and to and from hotel prob near be 8 hours of my personal time. Also we pay flights, we pay accomidation and as said above 16hrs wages for the lads in the garage to provide a facility that if anything needs to be changed or fixed etc that we have the tools and hopefully parts to hand so map can be completed.

So with 16hrs wages. 24hrs of my personal time and cost of flights and accomadation on top of that im sorry i cannot do this service for free.. And thats not incl the hours that go into organising lads on ophone calls and email enquires etc.. Would any of you guys???

If as goosie said above lads do not want or cannot afford this service of bringing a european top mapper over then i will have to take this into consideration. I was only providing a service that lads were looking for at the time.

DAVE

[quote author=JPtypeRA link=topic=32251.msg376272#msg376272 date=1326458793]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=32251.msg376271#msg376271 date=1326457279]
[/quote]

is that exactly what i said in my post :wall:

oh and I'm getting involved as the thread was my idea :dontknow:

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32251.msg376274#msg376274 date=1326459612]
@Jamie

What are you reading off to find out car boosting 1.5bar. We would normally map uk spec cars to 1.3-1.35 bar depending on fuel, knock activity etc.
[/quote]

Hey Dave... Boost was reading 1.5bar on the dyno at the rollin road day on the two runs done. Nick then decided not to do the third run as he was concerned the high boost was too risky and there was knock detected. I then fitted a boost gauge there last week and it's confirmed that the car is hitting 1.5bar on hard throttle. The power is dropping off once the high boost kicks in as I assume the turbo can't deal with that much boost.... therefore only making 197bhp on the dyno. :icon_sad:

Obviously your car has not been mapped through STi Tuning nor have we ever worked on your car etc, so just looking to make that clear to anyone reading.

Is it a boost spike to 1.5 bar or is it holding 1.5bar across the rev range? Also if only making 1.97 i assume you may have other issues with your car.

http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=31879.0

You had issues here a few months ago.. May all be related.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32251.msg376280#msg376280 date=1326461904]
Obviously your car has not been mapped through STi Tuning nor have we ever worked on your car etc, so just looking to make that clear to anyone reading.

Is it a boost spike to 1.5 bar or is it holding 1.5bar across the rev range? Also if only making 1.97 i assume you may have other issues with your car.

[/quote]

No it's not spiking Dave... it holds that boost when you accelerate hard throughout the revs.

Thankfully that other issue I had while back in the other post turned out to be nothing more than a dodgy plug which Ciaran replaced. It hasn't done it since so I can only assume the lack of power is due to too much boost and the turbos inability to cope with it.

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32251.msg376281#msg376281 date=1326462413]
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32251.msg376280#msg376280 date=1326461904]

[/quote]

No it's not spiking Dave... it holds that boost when you accelerate hard throughout the revs.

Thankfully that other issue I had while back in the other post turned out to be nothing more than a dodgy plug which Ciaran replaced. It hasn't done it since so I can only assume the lack of power is due to too much boost and the turbos inability to cope with it.
[/quote]

unfortunately assumption does not equal fact

Maybe vaccum has been replaced and is incorrect diameter
Maybe turbo is on way out or a damaged turbo blade etc
Maybe boost solinoid not functioning correctly

So many maybe questions that obviously i cannot answer as have never seen the car.

No it doesn't... but would you not agree the standard turbo would struggle to cope with that much boost and could be killing my power?

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32251.msg376285#msg376285 date=1326462877]
No it doesn't... but would you not agree the standard turbo would struggle to cope with that much boost and could be killing my power?
[/quote]

As i have said above we would map 1.3-1.35 bar area.

If a restrictor pill has been changed, actuator adjusted or vaccum pipework from turbo to solinoid changed for a incorrect diameter then can cause a higher boost then was mapped for? Do you not agree????

Therefore once again assumtion car is now exactly as it was then.

Have you emailed bob on the situation and asked his opinion and givin the reg to find out his notes on car re mods/fuel/exhaust boost etc??

Bob is a gentleman from my experience and his work speaks for itself :icon_pray:

As Dave said; he wouldn't be associated with him otherwise :thumbsup:

As I said before Dave , I am not one for starting sh*t on this site ,

Simply just voicing my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back