BMW E60 530D M-Sport

Whip the run flats off any Msport and the difference is night and day, changed mine last year and couldn't believe the difference , seriously harsh ride with them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=42215.msg483720#msg483720 date=1405237777]
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42215.msg483600#msg483600 date=1405109811]
Big old cruiser alright, love them. Need something for the motorway miles, where it's just like driving the sofa :smokin:

I suppose I'd consider the 2l engine but think I would prefer the 3l, mapped up and it would be some cruiser.

Just need something I can enjoy driving everyday.
[/quote]

Why go for a sport model if your looking for comfort? big difference in the ride quality, the SE is far more comfortable
[/quote]

Yes, but the SE looks like a grandad car compared to the m-sport and I want something I like looking at. It's all relative really, compared to what I'm used to driving, the m-sport is much more comfortable.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42215.msg483725#msg483725 date=1405253697]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=42215.msg483720#msg483720 date=1405237777]
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42215.msg483600#msg483600 date=1405109811]
Big old cruiser alright, love them. Need something for the motorway miles, where it's just like driving the sofa :smokin:

I suppose I'd consider the 2l engine but think I would prefer the 3l, mapped up and it would be some cruiser.

Just need something I can enjoy driving everyday.
[/quote]

Why go for a sport model if your looking for comfort? big difference in the ride quality, the SE is far more comfortable
[/quote]

Yes, but the SE looks like a grandad car compared to the m-sport and I want something I like looking at. It's all relative really, compared to what I'm used to driving, the m-sport is much more comfortable.
[/quote]

I had my mates M-sport 320d and I hated it, don't see the point of a harsh ride in non performance car, its not even that it rides hard its that there is no compliance it just crashes over bumps..but it could have been run flats as Dessie mentioned above

5 series is much more compliant in m spec compared to a 3 series in m spec, I found the 3 to be unbearable

Is there an insurance issue with taking of the run flats on a car that came with them as Oe. Heard somewhere there was? Maybe not.

No just a scare tactic, bmw tried to void a warranty on a mates car too when he changed them out, they backed down when he threatened to go legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Organised to see a car today, stayed in a waited as he was coming up near me so we could meet. Heard nothing and then eventually he got back to me saying he "forgot". What a waste of a day :angry1:

:jack: some amount of pr!kcs about now, it's as hard to buy a car as it is to sell these day's, Oh god be with the days,

Just a word of advice . Go for a 530 they might cost a bit more but cheaper as 520 from 08 to late 09
Give timing chain trouble and its a expensive to repair as the chain is at the back of the engine.
I work on a lot of bmw's and if a chain goes your lookin at a couple of thousand to fix handy
And if you go main dealer you can double that easy. 530d is a far better car IMO .

Thanks for the advice, struggling to even get to view one at the moment, either one lad not answering the phone and another with the wrong number on his add :icon_rolleyes:

a good clean rob will be hard got with decent miles a mate went looking at a good few a while back and said there's a lot sh1t about but in saying that he's completely anal and a fussy fook

I know they are getting on a bit so not looking for a minter or anything. I'm just looking for something reasonably well maintained, that's not falling apart. The prices they seem to be going for now seem quite reasonable so if you get one for the right money, can spend a few quid getting it to good working order.

Back