BMW E60 530D M-Sport

you could buy uk and delivered to your door etc.
better spec etc. if you buy right

would you not go for a 535 instead
tax is the same isn't it or are they a costlier machine :dontknow:

More expensive in the uk Colm, also all the 535d's in my budget are muck according to Ciaran as he recently went looking at them all.

If you go for a good 520d m sport rob and get joe power to map it he done my bus got it from 177 bhp to 214 bhp 280 torque and it's sone job way easier on fuel than the 530 plus if you go 08 onwards it's only €280 road tax for the year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 19
that's that so :thumbsup:
[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42215.msg483595#msg483595 date=1405108048]
More expensive in the uk Colm, also all the 535d's in my budget are muck according to Ciaran as he recently went looking at them all.
[/quote]

he8e9ebe.jpg
azy3a3u9.jpg
hatetega.jpg

Big car beside a Scooby. A nice comfy bus would love one. This the brothers 520.
Probably buy a 530 that age now for nice money. Be some car the money. 08 on 520 I'd say is a lot more cash.

Big old cruiser alright, love them. Need something for the motorway miles, where it's just like driving the sofa :smokin:

I suppose I'd consider the 2l engine but think I would prefer the 3l, mapped up and it would be some cruiser.

Just need something I can enjoy driving everyday.

Had an E39 530d M Sport and really really regret letting it go, that sweet 6 cylinder sound and when you hit the loud pedal at 80-90 plus she just took off as if you were planting it at 30-40.
They are nearly 1500 (maybe more) to tax. The two litre has got good power but nothing compared to the 3 litre, when the lotto comes my way I intend to get a 12 reg from the UK as they are only 280 to tax for the year. I may start buying lotto tickets...[emoji51][emoji51]

I drove a 520 and 530 back to back last week, 530 much more impressive power wise, bags of torque
520 had good power but needed to be revved to get it to go. 520 was more economical but just lacked the punch....

I'm going to be trading my 07 520d in shortly rob, 215,000 Klms on my baby now, going for a new IX35 need something to shove the bike & dog into easier, car has only seen motorway between Monasterevin & Dublin for the last 2 years, she's remapped & swirl flaps removed. Welcome to have a spin either way to see what you think

e9ate4y7.jpg

4esusebe.jpg

4ade7y3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers man, would be nice to drive both as a comparison, what sort of money are you being offered on a trade in? :thumbsup:

Between 8.5 & 10 K depending on the Garage , I have a loan of an IX35 until Monday so will have mine back then, it's full msport, auto, but if I remember correct your a stickler ( no offence) for detail, needs a small bit of TLC, few stone chips & small bolster wear etc. more than welcome for a spin either way to see potential of the remap

Realistic prices I suppose, there really are some dreamers out there though. Will you be in Dublin any evening during the week?

I work on talbot street every day, head home round 6 ish through newlands, usually go to dinner in the folks weds/thurs if you want to arrange something

Might do that if you are about on Wednesday and Thursday then. Gimme a shout and let me know what day and where. 0879327189 cheers :thumbsup:

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42215.msg483600#msg483600 date=1405109811]
Big old cruiser alright, love them. Need something for the motorway miles, where it's just like driving the sofa :smokin:

I suppose I'd consider the 2l engine but think I would prefer the 3l, mapped up and it would be some cruiser.

Just need something I can enjoy driving everyday.
[/quote]

Why go for a sport model if your looking for comfort? big difference in the ride quality, the SE is far more comfortable

picked up a 530d with the brother in law friday Rob. If you can afford the tax I'd go with the 3 litre for sure. Drove a few 2 litres and 3 litres but the 3 litre 6 cylinder is a different car completly. Some difference between the two of them. plus most of them have all the rights bits added to them too

Back