Bloody insurance companies

what about drivers with L plates ?:) what u pay lads - do you get many problems getting insured on scoobys ???

Dan, If you're fully comp on the Micra you will only be 3rd party on any other car you drive. You should read your policy very carefully. The days of open driving on all cars once you are fully comp on your own car are long since gone.

Frawls

All you guys with Excess Direct....isnt your policy excess 4000Euro?

what use is that policy to you?

Agree with Frawls about Dan's comment. You are only 3rd party insured Dan.

Excess Direct has policy excess of 4000euro!
it has also a great advantage over other insurance companies - sometimes they give you quotes twice cheaper then other insurers.

what's the use ? saving money + great motivation to drive safely

I'm not with them but I'm renewing in less then two months and will definitely check their offer.

4000 euro excess!! you must be out of your goddamned minds! whats the point your just paying for paper then..that means even if your unlucky and some biddy rams you up the rear(leave the puns lads!) you have to pay 4000 before the other company settles?

quote author=Dagnut link=topic=3826.msg39496#msg39496 date=1191359402]
4000 euro excess!! you must be out of your goddamned minds! whats the point your just paying for paper then..that means even if your unlucky and some biddy rams you up the rear(leave the puns lads!) you have to pay 4000 before the other company settles?
If she does give it to you up the rear :lol: I'd be thinking it was her fault so you'd be claiming off her insurance.. but yes I agree 4K is alot of an excess if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident

Regardind quinn direct 3rd extention!
If you have a full licence and your privatly insured on a car(3rd party or fully comp), and you have the 3rd party extention then you are insured to drive any other car!
If you want fully comp, Insure your car properly! I'm fully comp with AIB for the forester sti!
to be totally legit, you would put your insurance disc in whatever car you are driving because it's that disc that covers you to drive that car!
When buying a car you plan to drive with your "open insurance" get the seller to put a years tax on it! and from then on tax it online and put in your own policy no.
It's a good trick for younger drivers! I'm 26 now and can get insured properly on most cars now! I was quoted €650 for my skyline with quinn direct!
Dan

Yes but only 3rd party cover will apply to cars you drive other than your main car. Your main car must be fully comp for third party cover to apply to other cars you drive.

You dont have to bring the insurance disc with you to be covered 3rd party in other cars. If you are stopped all you have to do is produce your cert if insurance in a garda station of your choice so that the garda on duty can see that you have 3rd party cover.

Frawls

what ever you do dont go with Quinn Direct i have had nothing but trouble with them after sinking my car they refused to pay out in full for a new car even though the policy stated that they would eventually threatened to take them to court that did the trick

went to tesco and they quoted me 1000 euro less than what i was paying with Quinn direct :eek:mg:

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=3826.msg39424#msg39424 date=1191339900]
[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3826.msg39422#msg39422 date=1191338954]
... buy yourself a 1 litre mirca and insure it with quinn direct with 3rd patry extention ...[/quote]
Crazy thing is, they actually quoted me less (online) on my Legacy than on my girlfriend's 1 litre Micra, work that one out!  :ponder: :dunno:

Needless to say, I didn't query it with them - just payed the premium.   ;) :lol:
[/quote]

I guess posting that yesterday was tempting providence too much. This morning I got the renewal notice; for 50% more!!!  :angry:

@ frawls
I have got my pug 205 insured with quinn 3rd party only! With that I am insured to drive any other car 3rd party only!
AFAIK it is an offence to not have discs displayed! If nothing else it would save you a trip to the cop shop!
Dan

[quote author=Magic link=topic=3826.msg39637#msg39637 date=1191447325]
it was to beautiful to be true :)
[/quote]

Too beautiful to last anyway, but at least I've had it at that price for the past year!  :D

Time to start shopping around again ...  :doh:

lads,

try this place.........

first ireland risk management 01 624 6100.

you should get a decent quote from these guys. let us know how u get on

papa smurf

:subaru:

My insurance is up too
Got renewal for €1752, fully comp with driving other cars with 3rd party. No claims disc protection, plus a few more little things
32 with 50% NCB on a 02wrx
they brought it down to €1360 today :thumbsup:

Mack

I know I've posted this about 10 times before but........

Did you try Britton's Mack?? (0749 721304) I'm with them for €770 (cover from ARB), fully comp, 3rd party on other cars, 50% NCB. You know my car, prob valued less than yours but other than that everything pretty similar. (Oh and I'm still on the right side of 30......for another 2 weeks :nana:).

I don't have breakdown cover so another €180 to AA for Rescue Plus cover, but still laughing at €950 for the year!

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3826.msg39666#msg39666 date=1191450563]
@ frawls
I have got my pug 205 insured with quinn 3rd party only! With that I am insured to drive any other car 3rd party only!
AFAIK it is an offence to not have discs displayed! If nothing else it would save you a trip to the cop shop!
Dan
[/quote]

Dan, I do this stuff for a living! You dont need to bring an insurance disc from your principal car with you if you drive another car to which it applies as the other car must already be insured under another policy and have its own insurance disc anyway. Insurance disc relate to one car only. It is the insurance policy that determines actual cover not the displaying of an insurance disc.

I have never in my life heard of 3rd party cover including a provision that extends 3rd party cover to all other cars. This is a common benefit of having fully comp but as 3rd party only provides the minimum statutory cover required having 3rd, party cover whilst driving other cars is never provided unless maybe you paid extra for it or they gave it to you because of having a fleet policy with them.

Just to be sure I would read the policy carefully rather than relying on someone telling you you're covered. Better safe than sorry.

Frawls

You got me worried there FRAWLS!
So I rang quinn on saturday morning to check, and the nice lady confirmed that I as a full licenced 3rd party policy holder am indeed covered to drive any car even with my 3rd party policy!!
Also she confirmed that the other car does not have to be other wise insured (so no insurance disc) and I dont pay extra for that!
I then rang the naas garda and asked about putting my own disc into the car that i'm driving under the 3rd party extention,and he say that it would be appropriote as it is that disc(insurance policy) that covers the driving of that car!
This might be a quinn direct only thing ( good stuff out of them!) :thumbsup:
I did ask the lady i spoke to at quinn to double check about all of this! so she went off and asked her manager who confermed it all!
So there you go!
Dan

i done the quinn thing above from 17-21 in GTi corrollas, bmw 325i sports, 325i e36, e34 525i sport, 535i sport, subaru legacy single uk turbo 95..

then garage policy from there..

24 now and policy runs jan-jan.. last year e2900

this jan at 25 expect e2200...

can jump into anything i want..

Back