Bloody insurance companies

funnyclub

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey Guys for the last 2 years I have been insured on a evo 7 with 123.ie for approx 1500 the first year then down to 1150 the second how ever this year my renewal quote came out as 2200 and I have had no accidents or claims. Not only that now I have the 2006 sti spec-c and they want 2500 for this and expect it to be paid in full.
I think it is a joke basically they can chop and change and hold us to ransom.
Let me know what you guys think?

In the same boat. You can't do much about it either.

My insurance is €2200 also. I have shopped around everywhere.

Have you tried ARB? They seem to be the only place that give me a decent quote.

jesus €2500 is very  steep, they can do what they want and what is worse most places I rang when the hear STi or even impreza they say they don't quote that car.. I'm sure other lads will have plenty of places to try for a quote.. whats your age years no claims etc.. I'm paying €950 fully comp on a 03 Sti 30 years old with full no claims , going through AA

Good news guys I was just speaking to a lovely women working for excess direct thats who my insurance is with 123.ie are only the brokers and I explained my case about having cheaper insurance for 2 years with an Evo VII so she had a word with her boss and managed to get my a policy for 1500. Happy days :salute:

Fancy putting in a good word for me too.....!!!!? Ha ha ha....

Neither 123.ie or AA will quote for me. They told me that they don't insure those cars. Some other places then say that I've to be over 36 (Axa)

got told plenty of time that they would not quote my car or my age or something they must just have a random answer ready for each call and a serious random price differences are just a joke. like the tax they dont care, they know we will pay high prices as we have spent alot of money and alot of time on our cars.

Try AIB insurance!
My wife is insured fully comp with me as named driver fully comp on 06 forester sti for €670
If that doesn't work buy yourself a 1 litre mirca and insure it with quinn direct with 3rd patry extention (you need a full licence) and then you can drive any car in ireland regardless if it's otherwise insured or not!
I have a pug 205 van that I've had since I was 17 and my insuranse is €311 and I can drive any car at all! No catchs!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3826.msg39422#msg39422 date=1191338954]
... buy yourself a 1 litre mirca and insure it with quinn direct with 3rd patry extention ...[/quote]

Crazy thing is, they actually quoted me less (online) on my Legacy than on my girlfriend's 1 litre Micra, work that one out!  :ponder: :dunno:

Needless to say, I didn't query it with them - just payed the premium.   ;) :lol:

I have a pug 205 van that I've had since I was 17 and my insuranse is €311 and I can drive any car at all! No catchs!
Dan
[/quote]

Hi Dan,
I get how this covers you to drive any car but where does it leave you in terms of accidental damage? i.e. if the forester is parked up somewhere and a tree falls on it, is it insured? If your policy is on the pug, isn't that the only car with fully comp insurance??

I just got insured with ARB through first risk mangement ireland. Thanks to someone on here who reccomeded them  :thumbsup: Paying €2150 with my mother and father insured. Im 25

I had the same issues when I moved from South Africa to Ireland - couldn't find anyone who'd want to insure me.  I had proof of 6+ years no claims AND 3 Advanced Driver Courses - one being an Advanced Driving Course from Subaru.  I tried everyone, 123.ie (Don't insure), Quinn Direct (Don't insure Impreza - hard to believe, as some of the lads in the ISDC are insured through them), AA wouldn't accept my 6+ years from another country outside the EU.  Even though we drive on the same side as we do in the UK & Ireland, they didn't want to know.  They'd insure me for €5500.  I then managed to speak to someone with a bit of common sense in AXA - he spoke to his boss, I faxed throught the 6+ years No Claims Proof - and bingo, insure me for just under €1000.

It's sad that they can charge you anything they like, because you are required to have it (Insurance, Tax & NCT).  It's rape, only in sheeps clothing.  :wall:

i got quoted from brittons 2 weeks back....€882....with 5yrs no claims...have a look there.. :thumbsup:

I got a quote off brittons for €1800. Went back a couple of weeks later with my reference number and she said its coming up that we didnt quote u :angry:

Keep at Quinn took me about 3 weeks to get insured with them. Then theres Britton or AIG whose number is in the phone book somewhere.

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=3826.msg39432#msg39432 date=1191341029]
i got quoted from brittons 2 weeks back....€882....with 5yrs no claims...have a look there.. :thumbsup:
[/quote] Well I tried Britton as well and as they dont list jap scoobys I first tried the 301 bhp model they list and that was 1500 I then tried the 365bhp model they offer as well and that quote was 2300 with 4k access on it whats that all about I then rang to ask them and they couldnt tell me why the lower powered scooby was more and I then asked them to quote me on a spec-c and as its a jap model the quote was 2500 euro its a joke.
I am quite happy with my 1560 euro quote from excess direct now.

If that doesn't work buy yourself a 1 litre mirca and insure it with quinn direct with 3rd patry extention (you need a full licence) and then you can drive any car in ireland regardless if it's otherwise insured or not!
[/quote]

Do you not need an insurance disk on a car though plus when your taxing it you need proof of insurance... how does that work? then?

Back