Bloody insurance companies

If you want fully comp that's what you need alright! Does the garage policy cover you fully comp?
If you only need 3rd party you cant go wrong the quinn direct way! for a 6th the price!
Dan

AS I said it is the policy that determines the coverage. The insurance disc only confirms the car is covered under a policy of insurance. Failure to display an insurance disc is a separate offence from driving without insurance. It is not necessary to transfer discs from one car to another as the policy is what determines cover. If the second car has no disc on it then it would be necessary to put the principal insurance disc on it but if it already has an insurance disc then it is not necessary to bring the dics with you.

As for anything Quinn direct tell you over the phone do you really think if you have a problem saying "but I was told by someone that I was covered" is going to make any difference? I'm not saying what they told you was wrong but I have been dealing with insurance companies for ten years now and every second person you speak to will tell you something different. Trust me read the policy yourself to put your mind at ease, it will only take a few minutes and its the only way to really know what is or is not covered. Of course the best thing would be to ask then to confirm it to you in writing but insurance companies are not usually too keen to put anything in writing in case it voids any other exclusions of cover in the policy.

Frawls

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=3826.msg40252#msg40252 date=1191797611]
i done the quinn thing above from 17-21 in GTi corrollas, bmw 325i sports, 325i e36, e34 525i sport, 535i sport, subaru legacy single uk turbo 95..

then garage policy from there..

24 now and policy runs jan-jan.. last year e2900

this jan at 25 expect e2200...

can jump into anything i want..
[/quote]

thats cheap enough dave who is that with? i took out a garage policy this year for the first time and i didn't get much change from 5500 :hang:

The policy says " I'm covered as long as cover is not provided by any other insurance" As in, if I'm a named driver on my dad's car, then it is that insurance that covers any accident not my policy!

Quote!
3rd party cover is provided as long as,
1.the car is not owned by my employer.
2.I hold a full EU licence
3.the use of the car is covered on the cert of insurance
4.cover is not provided by any other insurance
5.you have the owners permission to drive the car
6.the car is road worthy
7.you still have your own car and it is not damaged beyond cost-effective repair!

What do you think FRAWLS?
Dan

No fax I'm afraid!
What do you need to know?
It is a standard quinn direct policy booklet! They may have one on line some where!
Dan

Your certificate of insurance will have all the relevant details on it but you might have to read that in conjunction with the policy booklet which contains all of the terms and conditions.

You can post me a photocopy of the cert of insurance (both sides where its a double sided copy) if you like. Just pm me for details.

Frawls

@FRAWLS... The lads are right, with Quinn D. once the policy holder has a full licence they are automatically insured 3rd party only on any other car with the owners permission. No catch besides the fact that its 3rd party ONLY.

And lads do NOT put the insurance disc from one car into another. Just carry the ins CERT with you. It is an offence to display an insurance disc with a regestration number on it which is different than the car it is in. The cert will suffice.

But as was said, its an offence not to display an insurance disc. If you are stopped you can explain the situation there and then but if your car is parked in a public place with no disc you may get summonsed to court and have to wait till then to explain your case.

[quote author=maximusbiggus®™ link=topic=3826.msg42014#msg42014 date=1192674592]
@FRAWLS... The lads are right, with Quinn D. once the policy holder has a full licence they are automatically insured 3rd party only on any other car with the owners permission. No catch besides the fact that its 3rd party ONLY.

And lads do NOT put the insurance disc from one car into another. Just carry the ins CERT with you. It is an offence to display an insurance disc with a regestration number on it which is different than the car it is in. The cert will suffice.

But as was said, its an offence not to display an insurance disc. If you are stopped you can explain the situation there and then but if your car is parked in a public place with no disc you may get summonsed to court and have to wait till then to explain your case.
[/quote]

Yes but normally only if your principal insurance is fully comp. 3rd party is minimum cover. Extension of 3rd party cover to the driving of other cars is only provided if it specifically says so on your Certificate Of Insurance so you should check it. Extension of 3rd party cover is normal with fully comp but not usuall with 3rd party unless you pay extra for it or the insurance company provides it FOC to entice in new business. As I said your cert of insurance is what determines your cover not the insurance disc.

Frawls

The cert is quite clear about this Frawls! It is difinately the case!
Go quinn-direct :clap:
Dan

Just got my renewal. e949 fully comp which is good enough for me. Only got 2yrs no claims bonus so far

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3826.msg42162#msg42162 date=1192749989]
The cert is quite clear about this Frawls! It is difinately the case!
Go quinn-direct :clap:
Dan
[/quote]

Happy days then Dan you're definitely covered. Are you only driving the Forrester STI with 3rd party then?

Frawls

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=3826.msg39562#msg39562 date=1191419598]
If you want fully comp, Insure your car properly! I'm fully comp with AIB for the forester sti!
[/quote]

Good man nodge! :thumbsup:
And thanks Frawls for your concern! It would have really sucked if it turned out that I had bee driving around without insurance for the last 9 years!
Did you here about that dude from Athy who bought a full licence In Athy market for £100 ten years ago, and then went to get it renewed ligitimately and of course they informed him that it was a fake, and when he argued they informed the gaurds and he was fined and banned off the road as he had been driving without insurance for 10 years! even though he had been paying his premium every year! his insurance was vio0d cause he didn't have a licence! (not a real one anyway! :lol:)
Dan

No problem Dan. Its just with insurance companies they will do anything to get out of covering a claim. I should know. As an apprentice Solicitor working for one of the biggest insurers on the Irish market I was thrown a policy and asked to see if they could get out of it. The bottom line is there is usually a way out of it. To make matters worse Eddie Garry's top Subaru mechanic has just been head hunted to work as a claims assessor for an insurance company. He's seen every modification going on Scoobys :?

Frawls

Back