Big share price drop for vw

Storm in a tea cup !

Cars will be same as we are euro 5....

If sh*t hits fan.... WRC VW are gone!!! (Money wise)

I'll say no more......

And pulling them 3 cars and all that goes with it is going to get them out of this money wise ?

Mate of mine has a 8 month old Audi a6 2lt, 241bhp and 40 odd mpg he bought it because of the performance figures,he got a letter on Thursday to say it's been recalled but he doesn't want to bring it back he is afraid it will come back with less power and less economy what can he do
He is talking about fighting them how do you think he will fair out is it worth the fight.
Cheers
Keith

He's going to have less power after the upgrade vw won't tell him that .they I'll stick to the line there telling every one . It's just a software upgrade sir it won't affect your cars performance .but its really a software downgrade :doh:by how much is the thing might not even be noticeable time will tell

Mate of mine has a 8 month old Audi a6 2lt, 241bhp and 40 odd mpg he bought it because of the performance figures,he got a letter on Thursday to say it's been recalled but he doesn't want to bring it back he is afraid it will come back with less power and less economy what can he do
He is talking about fighting them how do you think he will fair out is it worth the fight.
Cheers
Keith

It's not compulsory! Is he a tree hugger or something?
Leave it as is.

He's going to have less power after the upgrade vw won't tell him that .they I'll stick to the line there telling every one . It's just a software upgrade sir it won't affect your cars performance .but its really a software downgrade :doh:by how much is the thing might not even be noticeable time will tell

How do you know that? I don't even know that yet!
Software hasn't been released yet.
No confirmed tests have been done.

Plus the yanks have far more stricter regulations than Europe.
May be no loss at all of power over here.

If it were my car I wouldn't take it in . It's your car they can't force you to bring it back to them . They could how ever offer you a good deal on a trade in to change . It's no different to a remap that's what there doing so he will loose Bhp but might gain mpg . Not sure on the legal side of it but if you bought a toaster and they recalled it for a smaller toaster would you bring it back:icon_grin:. I don't think so

And pulling them 3 cars and all that goes with it is going to get them out of this money wise ?

Well they put aside 100 million to get up and running in the first place.
They also spend around 30-50 million per year.
Fair chunk of money I think.

I don't know graham I.m reading between the lines . but there not recalling cars to give them better mpg and more horsepower. If it was going to have no effect why recall them .

Are the costs of this not running into billions not millions
Would pulling the wrc even scratch the surface in Europe

Pulling wrc would have no difference in the grand scale of things but it could be the First thing to go as it doesn't bring in any money for the company just cost . Would hate to see it happening as they have brought It back to life a bit as it was dead

Back