Back in a Subaru

Finally got my VRT sorted. Was expecting bad news after hearing some of the horror stories. Couldn't actually believe the girl on the phone when she said €998. Had to ask her a few times because it seemed to good to be true. Went straight to the vrt office to pay it before they realised their mistakeπŸ˜‚ got chatting to the girl behind the counter and she knocked another €150 quid off! €856 is 1/3rd of what 8 was expecting so absolutely chuffed!

New timing belt and new clutch going in next then off to AP performance for mapping in 4 weeks

That's great news don't think I have heard subaru and under 1k in the same sentence well done you lucky duck πŸ˜‰

So it was 856 including the 600 nox charges πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ€ͺ jammy git fair play πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ more money for petrol πŸ‘πŸ‘

Jaysus, that’s a great result alright on the Vrt, makes the whole deal a lot sweeter. Beautiful looking motor.
Looks like a glaring error on their part.

View attachment 119575
I'd say someone made an error in the vrt office for sure! I was fully expecting the quote you got. Just shows they are pulling them figures out of their arse. No consistency at allπŸ™„
Hi Jay, did you present an emmisions report to the VRT folks or was it assigned the max value category? I have a GC8 STI V5 on the boat at the moment from Japan and I am finding it very difficult to get a CO2 at time of manufacture letter of conformity that can be offered to the VRT vultures. How did you handle the CO2 situation and what is the annual tax on the car now it is on the road? Appreciate the insight. Thanks & Regards,
Ciaran

I
Hi Jay, did you present an emmisions report to the VRT folks or was it assigned the max value category? I have a GC8 STI V5 on the boat at the moment from Japan and I am finding it very difficult to get a CO2 at time of manufacture letter of conformity that can be offered to the VRT vultures. How did you handle the CO2 situation and what is the annual tax on the car now it is on the road? Appreciate the insight. Thanks & Regards,
Ciaran
I provided all of the documents that JDM imports gave me. Co2 was one of them but from what I can tell, it seems they might have missed it because its considerably cheaper than I expected and other people have paid. Tax is standard 700 a year for 2 litre. Thanks

I'm happy for you man, it's nice to come out on top and get a deal from them, it's rare these days. What VRT office did you use, my car docks in Dublin port next Monday and I'd be delighted to have the same person you dealt with. Maybe they're a discreet club member :unsure::unsure:

I brought it to Tallaght but they had to send it off to head office for review. Just got a phone call off them a few days later with the price. Maybe it was a sympathetic Subaru fan, or maybe it was their last day and they said f#ck itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Back