B4 legacy crime

rourkeyb4be5

Middle Lane Hogs
my m8s b4 was stolen in citywest last nite! 00d blitzen silver! had clifford and all! and hope its not anyone on this? a black b4 legacy stolen last nite in kilbarrick! theses cars seem to be highly sought after ..they have to be proffesional car thieves as they can by pass top alarms and immobs!

C**TS
I can't imagine how the owners feel!
They must be absolutly gutted! It's not like a mondeo getting robbed (they are 10 a penny)
Jaysus!
I'm ordering cctv tomorrow!
Dan

i think its marshal law time, cops seem to be clueless on how to find and retrieve stolen cars

Christ :angry: :angry: ba*tard's
That's shocking b4 boy/rourkey :shoot: :shoot:

I know your mate will be climbing the walls at the mo. but maybe in a
week or so when thing's have cammed down , you might find out eaxctly
what spec's his clifford alarm was..............im sure alot here would be very interested

Niall.

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=3738.msg38231#msg38231 date=1190636096]

A chain and lock wouldnt stop anybody....
[/quote]

yeah but it certainly will put them off to a certain extent...way mine is you would need to cut the wheel in 4 places or go through a motorbike chain or the lock..or take the wheel off then you'll have an air bag deploying in their face..lot of hard work to do while your sitting in a car..take 30 minutes at the very least probaly 40.

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=3738.msg38231#msg38231 date=1190636096]

A chain and lock wouldnt stop anybody....
[/quote]

Look if they want ur car that bad nothing is gonna stop them, we all know the horror storys.

There was a silver car used in the shooting of a drug dealer in Finglas last night, hope it was not your mates car. :pray:

thats shockin. will keep my eye out anyway. im about to get a clifford on mine tomorrow or the next day, and now that you say this, im worried now.

I wanna see about getting a tracker if this is gonna be the case.
I remember murt saying all the stuff he does to his to keep it safe ie disconnecting the ecu and taking off the steering wheel and stuff.
How can these boys get by the cliffords if there is a certain code you need to drive away?

That Nuts! Same again what had your mate got on his clifford and was it all activated!

thats really bad its amazing how they can get past an alarm these days

makes you wonder what kind of tw**s are out there

time to upgrade the security methinks :angry:

was driving between clara & tullamore yesterday going up to get mapped and met 2 b4's. a black then a silver. only took notice because they were 2 nice looking cars.
after reading your post there them 2 cars sprang to mind? there was about a 3 minute gap between the 2 cars

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=3738.msg38247#msg38247 date=1190644202]
There was a silver car used in the shooting of a drug dealer in Finglas last night, hope it was not your mates car. :pray:
[/quote]
One good thing came off this then!

You can set the proximity on some cliffords to alarm if some one stands within 3 foot of your car!! (i have mine set about half way) your neighbours will learn, and theives hopefully will be starteled into f**king off back to scumbag land!

That's desperate! But two stolen in one night by "professional" thieves doesn't sound like a coincidence, so probably they were taken to order - for parts or export?

In Australia and New Zealand they've come up with an interesting solution:

Monday, June 25th, 2007

[size=10pt]DataDots work![/size]

Subarus sold in New Zealand covered in microscopic DatDots are preventing the criminal community from successfully stealing the cars.
About 7000 Datadots are sprayed onto every new Subaru sold in New Zealand through an official Subaru dealer. They are not applied to second hand, used import Subarus.

1052_DataDot.jpg
7000 DataDots are sprayed onto every new Subaru.

The DataDots have the car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN number) embedded in them, making the trade in stolen parts very difficult, for fear of detection and successful prosecution.

Subarus have been DataDoted for over four years now – since March 2003 – with corresponding reductions in theft rates of NZ new Subarus.

The exact reduction in the number of thefts is not known, because Police theft statistics do not differentiate between NZ new and second hand used import cars, which do not have DataDots.

However evidence from Australia, where the complication of used imports is not a factor, suggests DataDots are a valuable tool against car theft.

Since Datadots have been applied to Subarus across the Tasman, theft rates have dropped 93 percent. Sixty eight percent less BMWs have been stolen in Australia since they have carried Datadots and Holden HSV thefts are down 62 percent in their homeland.

Australian insurance companies are offering premium discounts of up to 18 percent to owners of vehicles, which have been Datadotted.

In New Zealand, Subaru is the only manufacturer to offer the added security of DataDot technology on every new car its dealers sell, whether it’s the price leading Impreza 2.0i or the top of the range Tribeca SUV.

The Datadoting of every new Subaru is a complement to the other security measures fitted to New Zealand new Subarus, including engine immobilisers and alarm systems.

The engine immobiliser can only be de-activated with the correctly coded key being used to start the car. The engine management computer will not start the car unless it receives the corrected coded message from the key. The days of “hot wiring” are long gone.

All turbocharged Subarus sold new in New Zealand also have the added protection of an alarm system, which makes it extremely difficult to even gain entry to the cabin of a car without the alarm being activated.

Later this year Subaru of New Zealand will be offering new car insurance through its authorised dealers with lower premiums than are currently available because of the now much lower incidence of car theft of Datadotted New Zealand new Subarus.

(From Subaru New Zealand.)

Back