Attempted Abduction - Didn't actually happen - Read full story

My first born is very young so still wouldnt be out side without Mummy or Daddy pushing the pram

HOWEVER:
I have seen people driving around the estate (not necessarily dodgy looking, but dont quite fit in). I approach them and ask them can I help them or point them in the right direction. If they seem offended then normally a bit of an explination goes a long way to letting them know we are all just keeping an eye out and protecting our children and our property.....

I approached 1 car not that long ago and the driver took off like a bat out of hell.... wheels spinning etc.... also hiding his face!!!!
Reported the reg to the neighbour hood watch and the garda the next day at a meeting....
Turned out that he was sitting in his car with his 2 friends smoking joints and didnt want to be caught!

Neighbour Hood watch schemes with the assistance of the Garda works very well. Inform the local station that you want to set up a regular meeting with them in your local area and tell them you would like them to attend as often as possible.
They are only too happy to come to us as we have reduced the breakins in the estate down to almost nothing. Theft has dropped 70 odd % and we all feel alot happier and safer in our own homes........

Maybe an idea you could implement around your area Dan?

Oh and I would often sit outside on a good day and watch the kids playing making sure they are safe and dont get hurt!!!

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=22938.msg274958#msg274958 date=1271667275]
My first born is very young so still wouldnt be out side without Mummy or Daddy pushing the pram

HOWEVER:
I have seen people driving around the estate (not necessarily dodgy looking, but dont quite fit in). I approach them and ask them can I help them or point them in the right direction. If they seem offended then normally a bit of an explination goes a long way to letting them know we are all just keeping an eye out and protecting our children and our property.....

I approached 1 car not that long ago and the driver took off like a bat out of hell.... wheels spinning etc.... also hiding his face!!!!
Reported the reg to the neighbour hood watch and the garda the next day at a meeting....
Turned out that he was sitting in his car with his 2 friends smoking joints and didnt want to be caught!

Neighbour Hood watch schemes with the assistance of the Garda works very well. Inform the local station that you want to set up a regular meeting with them in your local area and tell them you would like them to attend as often as possible.
They are only too happy to come to us as we have reduced the breakins in the estate down to almost nothing. Theft has dropped 70 odd % and we all feel alot happier and safer in our own homes........

Maybe an idea you could implement around your area Dan?

Oh and I would often sit outside on a good day and watch the kids playing making sure they are safe and dont get hurt!!!
[/quote]

Totally agree...just think the internet is a dangerous place for any type of justice..rumours and mistruths spread like wild fire...remember that lad in the UK getting burned out of his house because it spread around that he was one of the Jammie Bulger murders? Scary stuff he had fcuk all to do with it....few misplaced emails and forums post next thing you know theres a mob at his house throwing rocks and petrols bombs!!!
Like the Salem Witch trials or something..madness

Ya wont get an argument from me there Dagnut!!!!
that was 1 thing the gards were very specific about to us all when this scheme was started....
only people that got told reg numbers etc were themselves and other group members.....
that way there wouldnt be any lynch mob mentality growing in the area

Fair play nodge! You beat the Mods to it!
Although, It's great for any potential evil ba**ard to see who fast people are to rally the troups by any means nesissery!
I just copied and pasted that 1st paragraph of my 1st post from Rollercoaster.ie (my wifey's version of ISDC.ie)
And the second line of the second paragraph states
"Lads, this is very close to my home and family, If anyone thinks they might no anything, please let somebody know!
It could all be a misunderstanding, but all the same, better safe than sorry,"

No apoligies here!
I have very distinct priorities in my life! No.1 is my babies safety and happiness, No.2 is everything else (No exceptions)
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=22938.msg275071#msg275071 date=1271694633]
Fair play nodge! You beat the Mods to it!
[/quote]

What???? :dontknow:

All I was saying was if you replied to say it was all innocent then you should have changed the 1st post :dontknow:

Ok, :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, I didn't circulate anyones reg, it was just a very vague partial reg, no year and no specifics on the lorry!
So ??-cw-???1811
I would hope even a vigulanty mob would want more to go on than that!
Dan

I wasn't aiming it you personally Dan just a general comment on peoples behaviour and hysteria over nothing..and how it can get out of hand..I understand your priorities and don't question them.

My priorities are the same as your own Dan

No-one would question you for that!!!!
We realise ya didnt circulate anything and noone was aiming their comments at you!!! they were general comments!

Hope ya understand fella :thumbsup:

understand evryones concern on this one i have kids also
but it didnt happen so i think we owe it to the guy in the truck to delete this thread even if other websites dont :dontknow:
nothing happened so lets move on
fair play to all for concern but false alarm
hope nobody takes offence to me posting this i have respect for all my fellow isdc members :thumbsup:
:subaru:

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=22938.msg275147#msg275147 date=1271709423]
understand evryones concern on this one i have kids also
but it didnt happen so i think we owe it to the guy in the truck to delete this thread even if other websites dont :dontknow:
nothing happened so lets move on
fair play to all for concern but false alarm
hope nobody takes offence to me posting this i have respect for all my fellow isdc members :thumbsup:
:subaru:
[/quote]

me too , chinese whispers have led to a lot of innocent people getting grief from bull5h1t , no offense meant to original post. :zzzz:

Its not just that, accusing someone innocent of being a pedo can destroy there life. It will be a stigma which could follow them everywhere. You will get the whole no smoke without fire argument.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=22938.msg275169#msg275169 date=1271710763]
Its not just that, accusing someone innocent of being a pedo can destroy there life. It will be a stigma which could follow them everywhere. You will get the whole no smoke without fire argument.
[/quote]

very true. its easy to say better safe than sorry but what about the people that suspected that man of being a pedo. hard to remove that seed of doubt from peoples minds and inevitably there will be those who heard the first part of the story and not heard how it finished. long run, its not always best to go on the offensive.
Innocent until proven guilty is still the law in this country.

[quote author=sligo_dave link=topic=22938.msg275175#msg275175 date=1271711242]
[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=22938.msg275169#msg275169 date=1271710763]
[/quote]

very true. its easy to say better safe than sorry but what about the people that suspected that man of being a pedo. hard to remove that seed of doubt from peoples minds and inevitably there will be those who heard the first part of the story and not heard how it finished. long run, its not always best to go on the offensive.
Innocent until proven guilty is still the law in this country.
[/quote]

Yeah, I did get a bit defensive, Can hardly blame me :icon_rolleyes:
We can't be held responsible for small minded people holding grudges,
I do appreciate that going on the web offensive can have unfortunate affects on somebody!
But, as above, I'm afraid it's not my priority when I hear that someone may have tried something on with a kid the same age as my little one, not half a mile from my house!
Sorry if that doesn't sit well with some people!
:dontknow:
Dan

Back