Attempted Abduction - Didn't actually happen - Read full story

F

forester sti

A man attempted to lure three 5 yr old boys into his flatbed truck this afternoon in Aylmer park. He demonstrated some aspects of the cab to them before asking them if they would like to hop in to check it out. When the mother of one of the boys approached, he quickly got in, did a u turn, and left the estate.
The gardai have been informed. Its a carlow reg, ending 1811.

Lads, this is very close to my home and family, If anyone thinks they might no anything, please let somebody know!
It could all be a misunderstanding, but all the same, better safe than sorry,
Lots of our kids are playing on the roads in our estates at the moment,
Be careful and make sure your kids know not to go near anyone they don't know!!
Dan

Re: Attampted obduction in Naas yesterday! Seriously, please read

Good man Dan.

Just rang the wife about it but daughter vworks down there and rang her earlier

:smokin:

Here's the last post, the guy posting went to the lads house to see what he was at and the lad said the kids were just being kids looking around the truck and he asked them woul they like to get up into it. Could all be innocent but better safe than sorry.

ok just back from the guarda station and the investigating officer was on a day off he went home for family engagement in co clare the reg of the vechile was circulated and they were making a visit to the guys house today to caution him about his actions even though purely innocent?(hope has time to bury all the bodies in the garden) the wife however is spitting blood and is of to see the sargeant in the morning i pity the poor guards now @ the end of the day nothing happened thank god just move on its a lesson learned once again thanks pc gogs

Bit dangerous circulating someone's reg like that on the net...what if it was innocent? I was kicking a ball the other day with kids on the street the other day as i was walking by...so if one of their mothers comes out and over reacts does that make me a pervert?
It's a fine line I know people have to protect their kids but I always take these stories with a pinch of salt

i reakon its better to blame some 1 in the wrong and have their name cleared rather doing nothing and not following up and a child be abused and possibly murdered

is your name ever really cleared if your innocent though???

i know what ur saying mark but as a parent i dont want to leave it to chance..theres been reports in my estate about people in a car trying to lure kids in..trust no one is my opinion

Fair enough Alan, but lets say I circulated your reg on the net from a second hand story accusing you of the same thing, people who you work with, friends and neighbours yet it was totally innocent...how would you feel?
Not saying you shouldn't inform the Garda but starting a web campaign with no proof is taking it to far IMO.

i have to agree with dagnut here.

it wouldnt be nice if someone started calling you something you were'nt

Agree with Dagnut and Johnny here.

Lads how many times have you had kids come up to your cars wanting to have a look. I know i have told kids to sit in the driving seat if they want to have a better look.

How would you feel if you did the same and the next thing you know someone is circulating ur reg and uve a linch mob out to get you.

i dont agree with the reg circulation,but i believe all leads should be followed up and if it means an innocent person has to be questioned as part of the investigation and they are found to be innocent so b it and they`l have to deal with it and move on.

@wetpatch ive also had kids in and around my car lookn takn pics but its always been in an area were other adults and teens/parents ect have been present or in the immediate area and not down a lane or empty carpark or behind a building if u get my meaning.

@dagnut/duffman i wasnt directing my post at this particular incident it was just my general opinion towards this type of behavior.

Thank god, that this time it was all innocent,

But as a Daddy,
I 100% agree with Alan, Better safe than sorry! with out exception,
It is a sad auld world we live in that we have to feel like that,
ie. if you are in a playgroud with your kids, and someone elses kid wants you to push them on the swing! or help them upto the slide, you do have to look around for the mammy and ask if it's ok!
You would never see a kid/teenager hitch hiking anywhere now either, I used to hitch evrywhere,

There has always been dodgy evil ba**ards around, but we didn't know about them largely through lack of communication!
The web fixed that, so now it is a safer world for our kids to grow up in!
I do feel sorry for the truck driver in question, but as I have seen a web based (rollercoaster.ie/ irishrig.com/isdc) man hunt which found the lad faster than the garda did!
Anyone out there that has it in there head to do some thing bad, will hopefully think twice!

Dan

But is it a "bad world" we live in now...do more kids go missing now than years ago? or do the media pump with stories until you worn down by it?

Horrific stuff has always been happening, a lot of our grandperants will tell you!
Just now we all hear about it! Hopefully that is acting as a deterant,
For me, becoming a Daddy changed my opinion on alot of situations,
Before, I would be afraid of causing offence or embaressment by possibly wrongly accusing someone of something!
Now, I wouldn't be so bothered as long as my babies are safe and happy! everything else is secondery
All we can do is our best,
My little girl is doing Ninjitsu since she turned 4 (she kicks ass)
And I am usually sat in the boot of my car watching the kids playing on the road in the evenings!
Dan

As a proud Dad also i also feel for the other side of the coin here..

As said above although if proved innocent is your name ever cleared..

You get someone looking for an address of a house for a delivery or whichever.. And god forbid your driving a "WHITE VAN". And you drive round and around looking at your map or whichever trying to find wat your looking for. Then innocently find your in wrong cul de sac or whichever...

Then someone sitting "in the boot of their car watching kids!!" decides yes looks unusual to them and posts up that said innocent persons reg all over the internet.

How would that person deal with situation where a vigilante group takes matters into their own hands against a innocent person just because of assumption..

Assumption these days is and has gone too far. And yes be smart regards how far your kids go and precations etc but media has driven people to maddness.

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=22938.msg274776#msg274776 date=1271613009]
Thank god, that this time it was all innocent,

[/quote]

If this is the case, then the title/first post of this thread should be edited!!

Back