Apexi Power FC questions

[quote author=Cill link=topic=2454.msg23859#msg23859 date=1181565412]
Hi Darragh,

You may also want to try Robbie in TDP.ie, 0404 62650, autorised Motec dealer

He can do a Group N motec for 3k with individual injector control, boost control and ignition control, eliminate knock and increase power.

Motec ecu replaces the existing, no piggy back rubbish and is the same size as the orignal so it fits perfect.

All done on the dyno, so its a controled enviroment, no tyre interface for better reading and a print out of the curves at the end.

I asked him about my MY02 and he said he can pull 380hp on the standard car, no noisey de-cat or back box, just holding 1.4 bar to 8k revs, with a specified amount of extra fuel pumped into cylinder 3 to stop it blowing up. And the ignition mapped obviously.

Sound the dogs to me, just saving up at the moment.

Give him a shout, he's difficult to get but knows his sh1t.. doesn;t do dodgey body kits or useless lights and ICE, just interested in engines

Whatever you do though, steer clear of TTM in galway, I've seen a blown up Evo 6 in TDP that came from Them and they were brutal, even their printout was done on excel and all guessed, it showed 200hp at 1.5k revs, not on boost!!!! :thumbsup: what a load od sh1te

Cheers,

Cill
[/quote]

Hi Cill welcome along. Can you give more detail on your statement about  " no piggyback rubbish" I would say its maddness to pay that much for an ECU unless you NEED to get rid of the MAF because your current one is maxed out. The Apexi is a VERY good ECU and a fraction of the cost of Motec. The likes of Injector Opening Time etc etc can all be done on an Apexi and it fits in the same place aswell. Plus when you think of it the hand controler is very handy too.

Ive heard a few people have issues with TTM but for every one of them there are 100 people with horror stories about Trackday Performance. Ive seen a high spec scoob they done and it was a not good to say the least, along with other cars. Ive also had mates with Skylines who have had nightmares dealing with Robbie and when they brought and issues to his attention they where told to go fook themselves.

Is your MY02 A Jap or UK car ? 380bhp from a standard car with no DECAT even is more then impressive.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2454.msg23860#msg23860 date=1181565973]
a wrx running 380bhp on standard internals seems excessive to say the least
[/quote]

And with a CAT and no mods but the Motec ECU.

[quote author=nodge link=topic=2454.msg23863#msg23863 date=1181566563]
he's got an STi ;)
[/quote]

apologises missed that....still 100bhp over standard or 35% power increase just turning up/sustaining the boost and increasing fuelling..maybe its perfectly safe i wouldn't know tbh.. but seems risky to me

Hi Renno,

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence, I personally would just rather one highly complicated piece of technology running my car than 2.. the ecu sending & receiving one set of signals and then another unit transforming those signals through a defined set of parametres, I feel it leaves more to go wrong.

Also Motec is what the pro's use in rally cars and that says enough for me.

Robbie is not the greatest comunicator in the world, in fact I find him difficult to deal with at best :wall: but it doesn;t take away from the fact that he has some of the best equipment, knowledge and experience in this field.
I have seen my last car on the dyno, I've seen the exact readings it sends out and the correct printout from the dynometer software and it is reasuring. I have also seen a graph from TTM which was obviously not the original dynometre printout and seemed to be made on excel with a dyno logo imported and the fact that it had such high power at such low revs immediately rises eyebrows.

In any case, just trying to help Darragh with his dilemma, more options, the better in my opinion.

I have heard that someone is getting a Motec done by Robbie soon, either GT Performance or Street Performance.... not sure

Hopefully we'll see his results on line and let the facts speak for themselves

Good luck with your machine anyway Darragh

Cheers,

Cill

[quote author=Cill link=topic=2454.msg23880#msg23880 date=1181576808]
Hi Renno,

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence, I personally would just rather one highly complicated piece of technology running my car than 2.. the ecu sending & receiving one set of signals and then another unit transforming those signals through a defined set of parametres, I feel it leaves more to go wrong.

Robbie is not the greatest comunicator in the world, in fact I find him difficult to deal with at best  :wall: but it doesn;t take away from the fact that he has some of the best equipment, knowledge and experience in this field.
I have seen my last car on the dyno, I've seen the exact readings it sends out and the correct printout from the dynometer software and it is reasuring. I have also seen a graph from TTM which was obviously not the original dynometre printout and seemed to be made on excel with a dyno logo imported and the fact that it had such high power at such low revs immediately rises eyebrows.

In any case, just trying to help Darragh with his dilemma, more options, the better in my opinion.

I have heard that someone is getting a Motec done by Robbie soon, either GT Performance or Street Performance.... not sure

Cheers,

Cill

[/quote]

Dont worry you didnet mate ;) There are also lots of "pro's" using Autronic and Apexi among others aswell. Motec are great no doubht. Bit more of a pain in the arse though. I had one recently and the reason I got it was to get rid of the MAF and I was thinking about the anti lag aswell. But some of them have very poor idle aswell which isent very nice on a road car but fine on a ralley car. The one your getting wont have that issue if its the m800. I dont think you need a Motec though and could get the same results with less expensive ECU or an ECUTEK map. We'll have to disagree on TDP regards mapping and how good they are im afraid. If we just stick to the facts like you say surely the alarm bells should be going off with the promise / expectation of 380bhp even though your turbo isent capable of 380bhp or anywhere near it, even with a load of other modifactions.

Street Performance I KNOW wouldent be getting mapped by them and id be very suprised if GT Performance where but I did here that rumor alright. But I doubht it from private converstions ( a long time ago when we spoke ) and posts he made on the old ISDC forum if he was getting mapped by TDP. Maybe he he is I wouldent know these days to be honest.

Oh and is your car a JDM or a UK one ? Also Id expect the VF Series turbo to sh*t itself at some stage running 1.4bar of boost. There seems to be a few failures at high boost with them.

It could have made 380bhp at 1.4 bar but not for anymore that a few miles down the road :oops: Standard engine with fuel pump? Doubt it- but I could be wrong :shock:
Cheers
John

Hi Renno,

[/quote]

The power FC is not a piggy back ECU its a stand alone unit....
You have not quiet seemed to have grasped this...

And 380bhp from standard internals, standard fuel pump, standard fuel pressure, standard catted exhaust and the stanard VF34 turbo.......... Don't think so mate..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comment that springs to mind is ""jaysus they saw you coming"""" or will do.... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Regards TDP............ I wouldn't leave a van with them............. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

By the way Cill no one is having a pop at you and your very welcome here incase you thought I was having a go, its just that the claims that are being made are the most ridiculous I and im sure most people have ever heard. If it saves you from wasting your time and your money it will be worth people being straight up with you IMO. Do some more research on what you have been told and come to your own conclusion.

CILL,i'm no expert ,but if it were that easy to obtain 380bhp,more members on this site would have got it done by now.Everybody is in search of a faster safer car,and to me,it doesnt add up either. :ponder:
for example,i have a 98 jdm sti with decat,k&n filter uprated walbro fuel pump and a customer map by Andy Forest running 1.3 boost and i would be DELIGHTED if it made 300bhp.
Hope this helps to put it into perspective. :thumbsup:
Alan

Take your car to Martin Tracey knows what he is doing and speaks the truth and not what you want to here .And any car bearing the Gt performance logo has nothing to do with TCP.ie.

Philip

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2454.msg23883#msg23883 date=1181579837]
Hi Renno,

Robbie is not the greatest comunicator in the world, in fact I find him difficult to deal with at best :wall: but it doesn;t take away from the fact that he has some of the best equipment, knowledge and experience in this field.

Cheers,

Cill

[/quote]

Dont worry you didnet mate ;) There are also lots of "pro's" using Autronic and Apexi among others aswell. Motec are great no doubht. Bit more of a pain in the arse though. I had one recently and the reason I got it was to get rid of the MAF and I was thinking about the anti lag aswell. But some of them have very poor idle aswell which isent very nice on a road car but fine on a ralley car. The one your getting wont have that issue if its the m800. I dont think you need a Motec though and could get the same results with less expensive ECU or an ECUTEK map. We'll have to disagree on TDP regards mapping and how good they are im afraid. If we just stick to the facts like you say surely the alarm bells should be going off with the promise / expectation of 380bhp even though your turbo isent capable of 380bhp or anywhere near it, even with a load of other modifactions.

Street Performance I KNOW wouldent be getting mapped by them and id be very suprised if GT Performance where but I did here that rumor alright. But I doubht it from private converstions ( a long time ago when we spoke ) and posts he made on the old ISDC forum if he was getting mapped by TDP. Maybe he he is I wouldent know these days to be honest.

[/quote]

have to agree with Damo there (renno555). I would never in a million years let TCP antiseptic(track day performance) near one of my cars, I've seen his work over the years and i can tell you now the chap hasnt a clue. even with Philips car basically we have had to replace almost everything he did to it. to be honest he has that effect on lads that dont fully understand mapping etc. you would think he is a genius. And also as Dave said Apexi power fc is a complete stand-alone ecu (no piggy-back) and for the kind of power your talking about IMO is the best ecu you can buy. I myself will more than likely get an Omex or Autronic ecu only because as Damo said I need to get rid of the MAF sensor and replace it with a MAP sensor as the MAF will only max out. There are MAP sensor kits you can buy to wire into the Power FC to eliminate the MAF but they havnt come up with a good reliable kit so far, there has been alot of failures otherwise i would stick with the power fc.

George

Hi Renno,

I have to admit I did think 380 hp was a bit excessive but not impossible, I guess there will be only one way to find out..

The Ecutek sounds like a good idea and I know a guy who had it done and is very happy with it, its another option to consider

You seem to know a good bit about this and I was wondering if you could have a look at a thread I started yesterday, just getting a strange noise in the front right and myself and Subaru in Bray can;t work it out.. maybe you have come across it before?

Any help is always appreciated

Thanks ,

Cill

Your right Cill it is excessive, Its also impossible. Forgeting the other 10 reasons it wont hit 380bhp your turbo simply can not flow enough to make that kind of power. No matter how good you think the mapper is or how good he tells you he is. I suspect the only thing you will soon find out is how much its gonna cost to get your car fixed, hopefully the turbo blows before more series damage happens. One thing I dont understand is why your still prepared to take such a risk with your engine unless you work or have some kind of link to TDP :dunno:. Most people would at least research the advise you have been given above INCASE all the people who have posted above are telling the truth and have been down this road and know it takes a little more then an ECU and a TDP map.

Reagrds your other thread all I could do is take guess so best take it somewhere to be looked at ( TDP Maybe :D ) and get them to see if they can find the problem.

[quote author=Cill link=topic=2454.msg23945#msg23945 date=1181642425]

I have to admit I did think 380 hp was a bit excessive but not impossible, I guess there will be only one way to find out..

[/quote]

I did think 380 hp was a bit excessive but not impossible, I guess there will be only one way to find out..

Come on is this a wind up............................... :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

As above your turbo can't achive this.............. FOR A START..............  And from advise here from long time subaru owners can't understand why your so eager to waste your money............   The TDP salesman must  start the sales pitch with "" LOOK INTO MY EYES, LOOK INTO MY EYES, NOT AROUND THE EYES, BUT IN THE EYES, LOOK INTO MY EYES, YOUR UNDER............"" ""WAT I'M GONNA DO IS LIE TO YOU AND PRETEND YOU CAN GET 380BHP JUST FROM A MAP TO A STANDARD CAR AND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME 3500EURO..... RIGHT YOUR BACK IN THE ROOM"""

Have you links to TDP.........???

THATS QUALITY DAVE, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CILL,AS THE LADS SAID YOU JUST CANT GET THAT SORT OF POWER FROM A STANTARD IMPREZA ENGINE.

AS YOU SAID IN YOUR OTHER POST ABOUT THE NOISE IN THE FRONT END, IT COULD BE A FEW THINGS AND SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A LOOK AT IT,BUT YOUR GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THAT CAR,AS YOU SAID YOURSELF "THE CAR HAS HAD A HARD TIME AND COULD BE CLOCKED",WHY THE FOOK DID YOU BUY IT?

Class Dave, i was screaming out my credit card details before
i got to the end .....great sales Technique :lol: :lol:

Cill there has been a couple of lads with horror stories
from that place.........................You Have Been Warned !!!

Niall.

There seems to be a fair few opinions floating around here at the moment and I can see the general direction they are going as regards who and where....

As there is a few people looking at this thread who seem to know a bit, can anyone tell em a name and number of someone to have a look at my car and its troubles???

Bare in mind the main dealers couldn;t work it out

Any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

Back