apexi induction kit

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
as above got one installed yesterday and it s the dogs... now mr. scoob sounds really angry when let off leash, well chuffed iam iam
:dance: :dance: :subaru:

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=4514.msg48071#msg48071 date=1196945407]
iv never heard of just an air filter causing failure?
[/quote]

Panel filter is fine but induction is not, even more so on a car that has already been mapped. Id consider tweaking for it or at least checking the AFR before and after.

Damo

yes i understand that but is fitting an induction kit with no re map as dangourous as people say??

i put one on without a re map and its been like that over 2years! no probs

i also fitted an fmic with no re map a few months ago and iv had no problems including trashing it on the track with lucas and 95 ron?

I wasted to get an induction kit for my legacy but was told that id have to be getting to mapped straight after, :hang: is that bull or what so???????? :ponder:

fitted 5 induction kits on b4 legacys so far and all flying about with no issues for nearly 2 years on some of them

could you suggest a good induction kit? how much will i be paying out for a decent 1? :D might get one for christmas :headbanger:

zerosports is what i have at the mo its very good with cold air feed..

get a dry filter with no oil like pipercross..
id recommend zerosports! 200 euro around...
apexi powerintake is good but you realy want to change your maf to turbo inlet pipe beacause of its corrigation causing turbulant airflow...again zerosports supplys this pipe:)

Lads this is a topic that pop's up every couple of
months ...............all the experts say DON'T DO IT !!!!!!
unless you re-map

That said i know members here have them and have had no prob's
but there is also just as many who removed them after blowing Maf's
etc....

I know CDA supply an induction kit designed especially for Subaru which
comes with it's own MAF sensor  :dunno: :dunno:

Niall.

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=4514.msg48074#msg48074 date=1196948003]
yes i understand that but is fitting an induction kit with no re map as dangourous as people say??

i put one on without a re map and its been like that over 2years! no probs

i also fitted an fmic with no re map a few months ago and iv had no problems including trashing it on the track with lucas and 95 ron?
[/quote]

Hey Rourkey, IIRC you have also been running on a mines ECU mapped on Jap fuel for 2 years without issue, but it still doesent mean its ok or safe. Some cars are ok with ind kits and most are not. You can get away with it because they run so rich from factory. BUT Macmac's car has been mapped and leaned out already so there may not be enough safety room left to lean it out anymore. By fitting a front mount and induction kit without mapping for them is pointless IMO, In most cases it should loose you performance if anything.#

Damo

ok, so u used a shotgun and burst my bubble :hang:, BIG time,me thinkin i was the great fella, :dance: ye have me all worried and stuff :shock: with all this talk of leanin out when dont know wat this even means. :dunno:what kinda failure s could it caus??? :dunno:
again check afr,  wats afr,  air flow reduction?? :ponder:
was considering a fmic after christmas, any names, prices??? :ponder:
was goin to get tweak when i had a few bits rather than doin it every feckin time!! wat u think rennno.
got it installed while gettin a full service and SHE seems to be quicker , smoother . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ps this learnin curve is very steep!!!  :eek:mg:

IM REALLY CONFUSED :ponder: CAN YOU PUT ON INDUCTION KITS OR BETTER OFF NOT? seems like ya have to get the car mapped for every little mod thats carried out? is this just cos scoobys are very sensitive or what? know fella's wit 200's and 180's and gti-r with loeds of mods and no mapping at all done!!!! :( want to carry puyt some light mods but if i have to map the car everytime i do something id be better off just buying a faster car, it would work out alot cheeper! :wall: but not changing fo=rom :subaru:

maybe my ecu is able to make sufficiant ajustments to make fmic,induction run safely?

was on westwards dyno and and fueling was perfect

right Ian this is the senario as I see it..from the perspective of a enthusiast and non expert... you will always know people who mod cars and dont have problems maybe they dont drive them as hard maybe the induction kits etc came fitted from japan...and as far as nissans go they are much easier to modify and can run 95 without a remap much better.......
all the guys on this site who have been tunning subarus for years will tell you to get a remap..BUT people do make intake mods and not have problems..this is the nature of car forums..me personally i tend to listen to the guys with the experience even if it does seem like over kill Id rather be safe..but thats just me..
not saying one person knows more than another dont want to start a row about who has the biggest balls blah blah blah..fit your induction kit and if you ahve no problems great..IF you do you no what the problem is...hope thats confused you some more :thumbsup:

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=4514.msg48092#msg48092 date=1196959967]
maybe my ecu is able to make sufficiant ajustments to make fmic,induction run safely?

was on westwards dyno and and fueling was perfect
[/quote]

probably the most likely..would be a much more intelligent ecu than the standard..the standard see's any changes it just goes into safe mode

thanks i think?? the only problem is that there is nobody who will do legacy remaps at the moment :angry: and ive been looking since july and before! so safer not do any modifications until i am ready to remap for it fair enough, but if there is nobody mapping thats a big problem :cry:

:hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang:

[quote author=Ianbhp link=topic=4514.msg48099#msg48099 date=1196961075]
thanks i think?? the only problem is that there is nobody who will do legacy remaps at the moment :angry: and ive been looking since july and before! so safer not do any modifications until i am ready to remap for it fair enough, but if there is nobody mapping thats a big problem :cry:

:hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang:
[/quote]

should be no problem if you map for maxol e5(99 ron) they werent mapping well on 95..renno and deaveleagcy off this site both do mapping days

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=4514.msg48088#msg48088 date=1196956785]
ok, so u used a shotgun and burst my bubble  :hang:, BIG time,me thinkin i was the great fella, :dance: ye have me all worried and stuff :shock: with all this talk of leanin out when dont know what this even means. :dunno:what kinda failure s could it caus??? :dunno:
again check afr,  what's afr,  air flow reduction?? :ponder:
was considering a fmic after christmas, any names, prices??? :ponder:
was goin to get tweak when i had a few bits rather than doin it every feckin time!! what u think rennno.
got it installed while gettin a full service and SHE seems to be quicker , smoother . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ps this learnin curve is very steep!!!   :eek:mg:
[/quote]

If your doing mods get them all and fit them a week before getting your car tweaked. To get any real gains from breathing mods a map is needed or your really only wasting money on the parts in the first place. A FMIC without mapping is as laggy as hell too.

Damo

lads...i fitted an induction kit to mine when i got her...and i went through 3 MAFS due to the induction kit...in my opinion dont fit it unless you get a re-map..at the moment am running an apexi and its great...rather be safe than sorry... :thumbsup:

Back