94 sti up for sale

Re: 94 sti type ra up for sale again

Post up a pic of the vin plate with the model number, that will confirm exactly what model it is :thumbsup:
It should read:

GC8C47D (If its an Oct 94 to Aug 95 STi RA)

Before Oct 94 there was NO STi RA made! Only WRX RA

GC8A47D - Nov 92 to Sep 93 - WRX RA
GC8B47D - Oct 93 to Sep 94 - WRX RA

And it was only in Aug 95 that they changed the number 7 to a D to signify the STi RA

GC8C4DD - Aug 95 to Aug 96 - STi RA

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

lads ye have me lost now :dontknow: turbo tony u seen the car it has the sti interior and every thing y would some1 go to all this trouble to pass it off as an sti if it was'nt 1 :dontknow: just to settle a point who in cork would check over the car that knows a sti type ra to determine which model is it need help here please :thumbsup:

anybody can throw in an sti interior in

this will help your sale lad, if its an sti someone will probably buy it, if not it wont be worth as much!

put up the chassis code and we will tell you what you have.

were did you get the engine from and who fitted it?

right lads the chassis gc8b48d option code is bg some1 tell me wat car is it just on the phone dere to the lad that fitted the engine its tommy karia tuned and he said the wrx ra has no roof vent in that year and it dont have a diff switch but he thinks its an sti :dontknow: his name is chaddie out there by inascarra dam wat ye make of this lads???

Oct. 93 - Sep. 94

WRX = GC8B48D
STI = GC8B48D

Could be a WRX or could be an STI, as in the Version 1 they didn't change the model code. It was only changed in the late version 2 onwards.

It is defo NOT an RA

Just found a very good post on scoobynet which might answer your question as it would appear your chassis code isn't going to answer it :wall:

Unfortunately, theres a lot of bollocks talked about early STIs. 'Redtop'; STI lamps, fog lamps (early cars were fitted with them); production numbers etc. Because these cars were 'altered production' (meaning that they were retro-converted from completed production WRXs) they share the same GC8B48D Applied Model Number as the production WRXs.

One simple way to tell is to look at the ECU in the passenger side footwell. If its a U8, W6, W9, or 2C: sorry, youre driving a WRX. If its an SA (or an SC in an original 'Wagon) then its an STI. This ECU was only used in the 300 limited edition cars. The red line will be higher on an STI too, although clocks are easily changed.

Good Info there Brian :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=18638.msg248820#msg248820 date=1263214166]
Good Info there Brian :thumbsup:
[/quote]

cheers brain life saver............................................

@scoobymaniac wats the story with the roof vent then :dontknow: talking to a fella there they can be done but its a bollox of a job and he said it would'nt see the point in it considering it aint cheap :dontknow:

this is strange but funny to read,
Iv no clue whats goin on now.

So you need to check the ecu for the code?

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=18638.msg248826#msg248826 date=1263218348]
this is strange but funny to read,
Iv no clue whats goin on now.

So you need to check the ecu for the code?
[/quote]

yep hopefully it will reveal all just have to head out to the car in the min results up soon................ just looking at another tread 95wrx ra for sale by fastderv i dont see a roof vent on his one so now im completely lost :hammerhead:

[quote author=wysie link=topic=18638.msg248821#msg248821 date=1263214512]
@scoobymaniac wats the story with the roof vent then :dontknow: talking to a fella there they can be done but its a bollox of a job and he said it would'nt see the point in it considering it aint cheap :dontknow:
[/quote]

Roof vent can be bought cheap second hand and not the hardest thing in the world to fit although takes time. But the model code tells all, Its not an RA.

But may still be an STI alright :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=18638.msg248843#msg248843 date=1263222475]
[quote author=wysie link=topic=18638.msg248821#msg248821 date=1263214512]
[/quote]

Roof vent can be bought cheap second hand and not the hardest thing in the world to fit although takes time. But the model code tells all, Its not an RA.

But may still be an STI alright :thumbsup:
[/quote]

was talking to the guy that i bought the car off and he said that the guy that had the car before him had the dccd removed i dont know how true that is but the guy i bought the car off is sound out and i dont think he's lying.................... i had the tommy karia tuned sti engine fitted anyway and the original engine was an sti so i dont no either way thats wat im selling her for im pissed off at the thing now..............

Sorry to be the one to tell ya this but the model number and Subaru themselves aren't lying mate.
There was NO STi RA before Oct 94. If yours was made after this date it would be GC8C47D (Version 2) but its not.

So it doesn't matter what that guy says. It just can't be what you have it advertised as. Sorry.

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=18638.msg248877#msg248877 date=1263232681]
Sorry to be the one to tell ya this but the model number and Subaru themselves aren't lying mate.
There was NO STi RA before Oct 94. If yours was made after this date it would be GC8C47D (Version 2) but its not.

So it doesn't matter what that guy says. It just can't be what you have it advertised as. Sorry.
[/quote]

cheers bud at least now i no its just an sti would it still be worth wat im asking ???

I don't want to comment on what its worth or not but i will say that I can't get €3,000 for my standard 97 V3 STi without the extras.
I've been offered €3k with everything as is but not a hope I'll take that.

well a tommy karia tuned engine wasnt cheap lad i wont be coming down on the price its standing me more :hammerhead:

[quote author=wysie link=topic=18638.msg248883#msg248883 date=1263235974]
well a tommy karia tuned engine wasnt cheap lad i wont be coming down on the price its standing me more :hammerhead:
[/quote]

I know the feeling man, its a poxy market out there.

Well GLWTS anyway! :thumbsup:

Back