2012 ISDC Trackday October 12th

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Right lads, its that time of year again and the ISDC Trackday is fast approaching. The track day this year will be held on the Friday, 12th of October, at Mondello Park on the Full International Track. The plan for the day is as follows:

8.30-9.00am -> Drivers arrive at Mondello

9.30am -> Drivers briefing

10am -> Track opens for novice drivers 15 minutes on there own to get familiar with the track

10.15am -> Track opens to everyone on an open pitlane basis

1.00pm-2.00pm -> Track closes for lunch, and lunch will be supplied by the club

2.00-5.30pm -> Track opens again

The Trackday will be held on the international track, all drivers must produce a valid full drivers licence and have a helmet for driver and any passengers.

The price for this day of madness is a very reasonable €130.

Extra drivers will be charged €40 each
A second car will be charged €20

Places are reserved on a first come first served basis only so the quicker you pay the better to secure your place, all payments to isdcpayments@gmail.com

As an added benefit, we are also offering free full ISDC Membership for the remainder of 2012 to anyone who pays for the trackday :subaru:

Would be interested in attending, but I have a question. I wouldn't be really on for taking my STI out all day as something is not 100% right with it at the minute, there is a slight whine from the box and to be honest with saving for a wedding it's not going to get fixed anytime soon, so I would only bring it for a few laps each session, and leave it cool etc in between. If i paid the extra 20 quid, would it be acceptable to bring my Saxo Vts for the larger part of the day. Wouldn't want to get in peoples way, but I don't think it would be an issue, I have done three track days on the national circuit in Mondello already so I know the ropes a little.

yes it would be fine to bring both cars
and its up to you how much you drive each one :thumbsup:
i will have my saxo vtr there

[quote author=bevan link=topic=35372.msg405989#msg405989 date=1345216218]
Would be interested in attending, but I have a question. I wouldn't be really on for taking my STI out all day as something is not 100% right with it at the minute, there is a slight whine from the box and to be honest with saving for a wedding it's not going to get fixed anytime soon, so I would only bring it for a few laps each session, and leave it cool etc in between. If i paid the extra 20 quid, would it be acceptable to bring my Saxo Vts for the larger part of the day. Wouldn't want to get in peoples way, but I don't think it would be an issue, I have done three track days on the national circuit in Mondello already so I know the ropes a little.
[/quote]

MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

can i ask Robbie, does the helmet have to be motorsport stamped? i have various Down Hill full face's but they are obviously not motorsport approved with the necessary stickers etc

and whats the payment/ reservation process??

do i just paypal the above email and get a confirmation of my place? or do we list who's going/payed on this thread??

id LOVE to attend and represent the Legacy scene (and then be promptly embarrassed in my auto :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

@ Bevan - Yes, you can bring both cars and pay the extra €20 for the second car. Then its up to you how you split your time between them :thumbsup: .. The sooner you pay, the better as you can take advantage of the free membership on offer for the rest of the year too :thumbsup:

@ Goosie - Places are reserved once payment is received. The paypal payment address is isdcpayments@gmail.com as above. I will confirm payment once its received and add you to the list in the members section which you will be able to see as once you pay, you'll also be upgraded to full membership status :icon_grin: :subaru:

Sorry Goose, didn't see your question about the helmets, as dec said, they don't need to be motorsport approved :thumbsup:

Great thanks buddy

I suppose the 130 is none refundable? I'll be arriving back from a weeks "run" with the UKLegacy crowd a few days before

My car may come back with another blown engine :icon_biggrin:

Anyway booked the day off so payday is when I'll be booking :) hope I don't miss out

Seeing as its payday for most, why not pay up now and secure your place?? :multijump:

This is genuinely the best craic you'll ever have in your car :subaru:

i get payed every second thursday so i have a few more days to wait yet :icon_rolleyes:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=35372.msg407285#msg407285 date=1346353031]

This is genuinely the best craic you'll ever have in your car :subaru:
[/quote]

it better Mr Cakes!!! it better! :icon_biggrin:

even in an auto?? :hammerhead:

im excited though , havnt tracked it for a year (at the Nurburging) just hope its dry enough, at the mo im sporting Tire Stops finest "Wanli" tires, lets just say, they arent happy in the wet :p

you say your "wanli's" arent happy in the wet , i m happy for either type of weather . if its dry you can have bit of grippy fun , but if its wet you get to break your tyre's limits more easily but will help your learn how the car reacts to loss of traction in some pretty safe conditions (no traffic)

cant wait !

valid point Mac :thumbsup:

think i will try and dial in as much over steer as possible if its wet, car likes to understeer in the wet before the rears will break loose

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=35372.msg407700#msg407700 date=1346706897]
anyone mapping simtec on the day???
[/quote]

I'll find out.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=35372.msg407722#msg407722 date=1346749321]
How much just to go and watch cheers.
[/quote]

Entry to Mondello will be €80 on the day John...the good news though is that all spectators that pay entry at the gate that day can use the track too :icon_grin:

Only joking...free access on the day for all members & family.

Really looking forward to this now , hope to get the twin charged datsun down aswell :multijump:

Back