2004 WRX STI JDM Widetrack Service?

Welcome along. Class car.

I use Millers oils, genuine subaru filters and NGK spark plugs. Oil comes to preference and what the car is used for. Only oil I'd stay away from for the Subaru is Castrol from my personal experience. I didn't like it much as it burnt oil in between services. My 2cđź‘Ť
Agreed. Thought I was the only one who noticed that with castrol. Never used in the STI but did in the WRX and swapped to Millers then

Hi all,

First time posting here so hopefully I will get the answers I am looking for. I bought a 04 widetrack last year, had it parked up most of the time since but I want to give it a good service as I am unsure what the previous owner done with it. I am currently looking at getting the following.
  • Exol Brake Fluid Dot-4,
  • 5L of Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40 for the engine,
  • 5L of Motul Gear 300 75w90 for gearbox & diff.
    • I just read though on a 05 sidetrack it uses a different oil in the rear? Would I need to get different oils for this?

I was going buying this in theoilstore.ie. Would ye have any recommendations of anywhere else to look for oil?

Also I am looking for a fuel filter, oil filter, pollen filter, Where is the best place to buy these in Ireland and should I look for any particular make?

Finally should I replace the spark plugs & the Sump washer as I seen those with the kits on scoobyworld.co.uk.

Thanks in advance!

If your not sure or confident in the cars history, timing belt and kit would be a wise move.

Back