2004 WRX STI JDM Widetrack Service?

ScoobyMayo

Hi all,

First time posting here so hopefully I will get the answers I am looking for. I bought a 04 widetrack last year, had it parked up most of the time since but I want to give it a good service as I am unsure what the previous owner done with it. I am currently looking at getting the following.
  • Exol Brake Fluid Dot-4,
  • 5L of Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40 for the engine,
  • 5L of Motul Gear 300 75w90 for gearbox & diff.
    • I just read though on a 05 sidetrack it uses a different oil in the rear? Would I need to get different oils for this?

I was going buying this in theoilstore.ie. Would ye have any recommendations of anywhere else to look for oil?

Also I am looking for a fuel filter, oil filter, pollen filter, Where is the best place to buy these in Ireland and should I look for any particular make?

Finally should I replace the spark plugs & the Sump washer as I seen those with the kits on scoobyworld.co.uk.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

First time posting here so hopefully I will get the answers I am looking for. I bought a 04 widetrack last year, had it parked up most of the time since but I want to give it a good service as I am unsure what the previous owner done with it. I am currently looking at getting the following.
  • Exol Brake Fluid Dot-4,
  • 5L of Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40 for the engine,
  • 5L of Motul Gear 300 75w90 for gearbox & diff.
    • I just read though on a 05 sidetrack it uses a different oil in the rear? Would I need to get different oils for this?

I was going buying this in theoilstore.ie. Would ye have any recommendations of anywhere else to look for oil?

Also I am looking for a fuel filter, oil filter, pollen filter, Where is the best place to buy these in Ireland and should I look for any particular make?

Finally should I replace the spark plugs & the Sump washer as I seen those with the kits on scoobyworld.co.uk.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the club. Throw up a few pictures of your car ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Welcome along dude, throw up a few pics of the car when you get a chance, and introduce yourself and the car in the intro section ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿค›

As for the oil, I use Mobil oil 10w40 for engine, and I changed my gear and diff oil with Valvoline. Its down to preference really, get the correct grade in a good brand and you'll be OK

Always a good idea to do a big major service now, and then it's only basic servicing after that, plugs, belts etc ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Cheers for the welcome lads! Here are a few photos I have on the phone. Would ye recommend buying the bits and pieces anywhere in particular?

Attachments

• 384549166_1842084316188733_635436575086761791_n.jpg
    384549166_1842084316188733_635436575086761791_n.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 386879293_675617917867274_1599102241859796450_n.jpg
    386879293_675617917867274_1599102241859796450_n.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 28
Being honest man, I'd probably just get in touch with Ali Burrows, and just get the lot delivered from him. One postage cost and away with it. Tell him what you want etc...
Gorgeous car, welcome along ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome along, lovely car, been honest you'll get most of what you need in decent local factor , just know what you want before you go in, just incase .
Ya rear diff in widetrack it'll be LS, spec.

What part of mayo are you in?

Welcome along, lovely car, been honest you'll get most of what you need in decent local factor , just know what you want before you go in, just incase .
Ya rear diff in widetrack it'll be LS, spec.

What part of mayo are you in?
Cheers I am out in Belmullet

Welcome along ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ great looking car

. Always change the sump washer as itโ€™s a crush washer and canโ€™t be reused .
The rear diff takes 75/90 LS oil . Limited slip oil .
Will get most of the rest in a good motor factors like Adrian said .
Spark plugs will be ngk pfr7b Or pfr6b fir a standard car

Cheers I am out in Belmullet
Next stop New York ๐Ÿ˜Ž,

Just get decent oil and filter brands, or couple spots online if you want a genuine subaru oil filter, or give Ali burrows a shout, he'll have anyway,

Have used them before, decent service, well packaged and quick delivery...plus no customs fee so helps too
Plenty stuff for all cars there

Liquid technology Ltd Millers oil in we Oxford, Peter 089,4486626 I've been buying oil from them for 20 years he will see you right.

Welcome along. Class car.

I use Millers oils, genuine subaru filters and NGK spark plugs. Oil comes to preference and what the car is used for. Only oil I'd stay away from for the Subaru is Castrol from my personal experience. I didn't like it much as it burnt oil in between services. My 2c๐Ÿ‘

Back