1/ 3 /2013 Track Day

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=36103.msg425577#msg425577 date=1361866399]
Is it ok if I call down during the day for a bit of spectating baz?
[/quote]

No problem Brian

Well Lads ,

Just a quick post with a few of reminders.

-Licence
-Lid + Lid for passenger if needed
-Petrol
-Oil

A few lads will have tools etc so dont worry about that

Try be there for 8.30am-9am

Sign on for drivers starting around 9am, passengers after that. Briefing at 9.30am and all going well on the track for 10am until lunch at 1pm, 2pm restart until 5.30pm

I had some hassle last year with a lad who took a mate's drivers band and drove his own car, not signed on (for insurance purposes) after his mates car had broke down, nearly ruined the day. So anyone found doing this will be banned for the rest of the day and any further events in the future.

I have no problem giving a band to someone and sign them on if a mates car has broken down as the spot is already paid for just need to hit the point home that you have to be signed on for Insurance reasons and also for mondello to continue to rent the track to me in the future

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=36103.msg426039#msg426039 date=1362120957]
Might head down myself Baz for a look if ok ?
[/quote]

No problem Colm , I'll be in garage 1 if you want to call over for chat or grab a passenger band

@ Robbie , only seen your post, yourself and Eoghan's cars are about the height of it although my Datsun is pretty rare :multijump:

here in work jealously thinkin that theyre out on track right now!

hope all goes smoothly

Great day lads, I was dying to get my car out but no mon, no fun. But in this case I got to drive Billy's car for a few laps and its a quality motor, it handles very well for a big bus and has a great power delivery, cheers billy. Thanks also to eoin for the paso laps in the s204, what a car, power is there all the the time and with a good geo set would be super quick.

Also big thanks to Baz for letting me drive for a few laps today, I owe you one and that little micra is a beautiful, I was looking forward to getting out in that but had to leave early, hopefully get out again.

Great day and weather, happy out!

No bother duffman was nice to stretch the legacys legs for a few laps cheers for the tips i have a hell of a lot to learn going forward :thumbsup:

Big thanks Robbie and Baz for allowing me the few laps fair play lads i owe you both:thumbsup:
Eoin for the passenger laps that car is savage :thumbsup:

And colm for the 20 missed calls and bringing the legacy was a nice surprise and prob my last time in it :icon_cry:

Some fast cars today some of those civics are mad my head was pounding by the time i left the noise
of them jesus i think im getting old.

Cheers for today Baz
And Thanks to Robbie Eoin and Niall for the spins
Great to talk to everyone
Some nice cars
No worries Billy was great to drive the legacy there and back
Thanks Lads :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nightmare day for myself from start to finish, puncture in the morning so had to go to my mate's tyre shop to change the tyre over as it wasn't salvageable. Then finally get on the road and stop for petrol and either I made the mistake of putting the meth in first and it didn't mix with the petrol when it sat in the bottom of the tank or else the meth had turned bad but the car ran like a fooking dog and although it got better, I couldn't give it full beans at all so gave up. Then had to go get my other tyre on the way home and saw some handicaps I used to know waving at me out a window :icon_lol:

No bother Billy, was just good that someone made use of it :thumbsup:

Thanks for organising everything Baz, was a good day and thanks for organising the good weather too :thumbsup:

only a few

image-15_zpsab56d3e3.jpg

image-15_zpsc2c20a11.jpg

image-15_zps93c82ecf.jpg

image-15_zpsf71729b1.jpg

image-15_zps2c6af2b3.jpg

image-15_zps1c5d2cbc.jpg

image-15_zpse2287619.jpg

image-15_zps6567bd33.jpg

image-15_zps9240428e.jpg

image-15_zpsfd6a87f2.jpg

Was it Niall's cousin or something that has the red dc2? I know it's one of the Cork lads anyway? Good craic near the end of the day!

Eoin, as I said on the day, those wheels are absolutely gorgeous and the car is unreal. Power always there and stops on a penny while feeling so effortless at the same time. A good Geo setup and drive her on and that thing would be putting out some nice times.

I let Shane Rabbitt take mine out after I took him out to show me some lines. He said the car felt extremely quick so got me to time a lap. He put in a 2.03.2 from line to line and I'll make his excuses for him, he missed a gear and turned in too late on turn 4 and wrecked his lines and spoiled the lap so the car is definitely capable of far more!

I'll have to get in more trackdays under my belt and learn how to drive it properly!

Not much to say only that thanks to everyone for making the day run smoothly, good to see a few of the lads came down for a look to see what it was all about .Car of the day for me was kev doran's legacy just a hero of a yoke.

next year we need more Subaru's to drown out that nasty vtec noise as Billy mentioned :subaru: :subaru:

Back