not starting

B

Ber

Problem driving me nuts,Subaru Impreza 1994 starts first time but if i leave it running for 5 or 10 min. it wont re-start i either have to keep turning it over for about 10 mins which is a major pain or give it a push which will start the car straight away after about 10 feet.if its not on for about a hour it will start again first time no bother,Any one with the  answer for me :pray: :pray:.the engine light comes on and that clicks on and off also

if it keeps turning over wouldnt the starter be ok, i think it might have something to do with the fuel pump??

Well if you thinks its the fuel pump turn on the ignition with the door open you should be able to hear the pump come on when you turn the ignition on...most times you can hear it from outside... :dunno:

the engine light comes on and that clicks on and off also :computer:

[quote author=rb5scooby link=topic=5914.msg67594#msg67594 date=1204835945]
is it standard fuel pump or upgraded fuel pump? i'll ask the boys in the garage where i work.
[/quote]

not a clue only have it since december,it had a few probs but thought i got them all ironed out :ponder:

[quote author=rb5scooby link=topic=5914.msg67599#msg67599 date=1204836646]
i''ll ask the boys over in work tomorrow. its a peugeot garage but they mite have some idea :thumbsup:
[/quote]

that would be great Ed :worship: :subaru: :thumbsup:

To be honest i dont think its the fuel pump...i dont see how pushing a car a few feet/meters can change/move anything in a fuel pump... :dunno:
Its very hard to diagnose over a forum..

is the engine turning over??? if it is is it turning over as fast as it does when its cold the resistance could be changeing in the starter when it gets hot causeing it to become lazy and not be able to turn the engine over fast enough to start the car the other thing it could be is an airflow meter or coolant temp sensor giving the ecu incorrect readings, is the car heavy on petrol??? should be doing around 20-25mpg on average. you should do a diagnostic check on the car first to see if there are any faults showing mite point you in the right direction

[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=5914.msg67607#msg67607 date=1204837674]
is the engine turning over??? if it is is it turning over as fast as it does when its cold the resistance could be changeing in the starter when it gets hot causeing it to become lazy and not be able to turn the engine over fast enough to start the car the other thing it could be is an airflow meter or coolant temp sensor giving the ecu incorrect readings, is the car heavy on petrol??? should be doing around 20-25mpg on average. you should do a diagnostic check on the car first to see if there are any faults showing mite point you in the right direction
[/quote]

the engine is turning,it allways sounds so so close to start but doesent,ya it seems heavy enough on the go go juice but dont have the car long and know no better.I guess i'd better get it pluged in so :computer:.cheers

it sounds more like the starter than anything to me but you should check for fault codes first just to save on the labour of doing a starter if its not the problem you can check the fault codes yourself search this site for directions of how to do it

[quote author=stevo link=topic=5914.msg67633#msg67633 date=1204840293]
heavy on the juice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ease up off the accelarator :whistle:
[/quote]

if you showed up on time in the morning i wouldent have to :twofinger: :nana:.you funny guy.

[quote author=Ber link=topic=5914.msg67643#msg67643 date=1204842057]
[quote author=stevo link=topic=5914.msg67633#msg67633 date=1204840293]
heavy on the juice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ease up off the accelarator :whistle:
[/quote]

if you showed up on time in the morning i wouldent have to :twofinger: :nana:.you funny guy.
[/quote]

whats the crack man how come i cant get into the members area???? :ponder: :wall:

Back