Yellow plates

scoobydave

Sunday Drivers
ISDC Club Member
Has anyone got their car on northern/English plates living here in the south.
I know a local
Lad here who owns high performance cars including P1 and a Hawkeye Spec C. Unbelievable cars, anyway, he has them on English plates, doesn’t really care if he’s stopped on his weekend drives. How much of a risk is it to have yellow plates? I thought about buying from north awhile back but vrt is to crazy

You might get away with it and you might not , no one can tell the risk , sometimes if it seen in the driveway you can get a a knock on the door about it .
to be honest it’s really up to yourself but you’ll never relax in it ,

Having a UK reg insured permanently in the south would be difficult with insurance companies. Also you would still need a valid mot every year.

It's like anything - running a car with green diesel or no tax etc., it can be done but it's illegal. Ultimately if caught then you face the possibility of a penalty or sanction.

Ive seen it nearer the borders where its easier to get away with, make excuses.. but further south, if you have the car a few years, word will spread and they will be watching you like a hawk waiting to see you on the road with it, then you will need to have a very strong excuse as to why you live in the south but still have a UK reg car for more than a few months ...

In saying that I went to see an evo in Skivereen , Cork a few years ago... it was like bandit country, everything was english reg, your lad never had Irish plates on anything, neighbors either :ROFLMAO:

I guess it depends on your area, me in the midlands no chance as Revenue have checkpoints most weeks ...

Back