Wrx question

Craig1977

Hi lads have a 2004 wrx 2.0 turbo . There is a random misfire on cylinder 4, took out plugs they were standard so got 4 x iridiums and fitted those . What should I do next , would a new coil pack sort this issue out , has anybody else had this issue . Have the car two months; previous owner said it was ?serviced? very little gearbox oil and hardly any water in the radiator , oh and aircon was disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're the plugs clean? What plugs do you put back in as the iridium ones are usually a longer plug .

Swap a coil pack over from another cylinder and see does the problem follow around .

Best thing you can do after changing plugs is to swap the coil packs between two cylinders - if your misfire changes cylinder, you know exactly what is at fault. No point thinking and guesstimating anything else at this moment.

We're the plugs clean? What plugs do you put back in as the iridium ones are usually a longer plug .

Swap a coil pack over from another cylinder and see does the problem follow around .

Hi I put in four new Iridiums , they were just bog standard originals and they were ****ed altogether

Hi I put in four new Iridiums , they were just bog standard originals and they were ****ed altogether

What was spark plug code?

As above a quick swap of coil packs see if changes cylinder.

After that camera inspection and compression or better still a leak down test

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

What was spark plug code?

As above a quick swap of coil packs see if changes cylinder.

After that camera inspection and compression or better still a leak down test

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies lads , will get straight on it

Back